Who are the most overrated players on this team?

btcutter

Reaction score
fortdick;4061617 said:
As of now? Dez and Tyron. They may be great someday, but not yet.

I agree with Dez. He oozes potential but haven't done it for a season and people here have already put him in the Pro Bowl.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
btcutter;4061683 said:
I agree with Dez. He oozes potential but haven't done it for a season and people here have already put him in the Pro Bowl.

so you don't think if he had stayed healthy last year that a pro bowl could've been a possibility? The guy was playing lights out.Pretty much off of pure Athleticism alone.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Cowboystar17;4061693 said:
so you don't think if he had stayed healthy last year that a pro bowl could've been a possibility? The guy was playing lights out.Pretty much off of pure Athleticism alone.

Probably not last year. If you project his numbers out for the rest of the season, they probably wouldn't have been enough.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
btcutter;4061683 said:

Some young guys get a lot of pub because everyone sees the greatness that is going to come out. Not a matter of if, but when. Dez is so obviously a man among boys there is just no way, barring injury, that he's not a star in the making. Just no way. So no, he's not overrated.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
cowboys2233;4061697 said:
Some young guys get a lot of pub because everyone sees the greatness that is going to come out. Not a matter of if, but when. Dez is so obviously a man among boys there is just no way, barring injury, that he's not a star in the making. Just no way. So no, he's not overrated.

It's not just injury that can prevent him from being great.

If his head happens to re-enter his anus (I'm assuming it's removed at the moment), it could also prevent him from reaching his potential.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
MegaMagick;4061649 said:
Hard to be overrated on this team nowadays, we pick everyone apart.

I agree with this. Nobody on this team can escape irrational criticism.

laythewood28

Reaction score
Jenkins and Dez. I see a lot of posts already putting Dez in the same class as Fitz and andre Johnson. He might get there, but isn't there yet. We need to wait and see if he can even finish a full season before we put him in the elite category. Jenkins is probably the most over-hyped member on this team. Did any one remember how bad he was last season?

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Rack Bauer;4061705 said:
It's not just injury that can prevent him from being great.

If his head happens to re-enter his anus (I'm assuming it's removed at the moment), it could also prevent him from reaching his potential.

If we're talking about off-the-field issues, Michael Irvin spent an entire career with his head up his butt and that didn't stop him. Call me crazy, but I don't think yelling at mall security is going to prevent Dez from being great on the field.

Bask in the glorious sunlight that is Dez's talent and know that he is your savior. :laugh2:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
starfrombirth;4061581 said:
TNew and Bradie James.
That's an interesting name, Bradie James. I'm trying to figure what he's done the last 3 years, I can't think of anything.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Jenkins, Newman, James, and now Arkin/Costa.

I might throw in Scandrick.

I would say Bennett but after all these years he shouldnt even be getting hype.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
DOUBLE WING;4061725 said:
Doug Free, Sean Lee, Terence Newman

Doug Free really? I am not sure a left tackle whose name you never hear is overrated or over hyped. I mean wow ok.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Cowboystar17;4061734 said:
Doug Free really? I am not sure a left tackle whose name you never hear is overrated or over hyped. I mean wow ok.

I think he's overrated on this forum.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Cowboystar17;4061740 said:
how? Left tackles don't fall from the left tackle tree

That would be one big *****' tree. And one I wouldn't stand under, I don't care how hard it's raining.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Cowboystar17;4061740 said:
how? Left tackles don't fall from the left tackle tree

I just don't think he's an elite left tackle like many others here do. He's a good player, but I think he should move to RT as soon as Tyron is ready.

Tricericon

Reaction score
Dez. Dez Dez Dez Dez.

A rookie receiver plays 12 games and gets injured, while on pace for an OK-but-not-great year (748 yards), and yet somehow he's in the same category as Larry Fitzgerald, and our clear #1 over a man who was probably the best WR in football as recently as two years ago, and is still in his prime.

I hope he turns out to be as great as y'all seem to think he is now, but the board's current opinion of him is utter fantasy.