Who are the most overrated players on this team?

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Dash28;4061611 said:
That may be true but who is overrating him?

The only guy that matters. Jerry. The media (outside of Dallas) loves him also.

fortdick

Reaction score
As of now? Dez and Tyron. They may be great someday, but not yet.

Stautner

Reaction score
TheRat;4061605 said:
Well I guess people in the media were saying how good he looked in practice. I guess the last couple of preseason games put an end to that.

He probably did look good in practice. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to look good in games except in inconsistent flashes.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
I wouldn't throw Sean Lee in there, he seems to perform better when the lights are on. I am not even talking about last night. Now Scandrick needs to really step it up this season. Perhaps he will shine better when the team is used to Ryan's scheme and the team gets Newman and Jenkins come back. I think once the team is at full speed the opposing QBs may not have enough time to get accurate throws off.
Now Bennett is going to get a mulligan from me. I sense he's growing up and may come into his own this season.

Now for my list: Sam Young (not highly rated, but should be playing better to be a swing tackle), Gurode (really if he's that good why can't he make the calls on the line), Spencer (is he still on the team? He needs to redo his contract and be yelled at until he wakes up) this is just a short list.

Now if you got to coaching I'd start with Campo and even perhaps Houck (though I am found of him) I would also like to see Garrett get upset and light a fire under the players, it may not be his style, but I think he needs to make sure players keep up the intensity on game days.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Overrated I am gonna say Scandrick and James and even add Choice to this list.

Oscan is always getting abused by WR I just find it hard to believe he is having a good camp. James I think leaves a lot to be desired as an ILB. I see him often out of place and unable to shed blockers. He is also a liability in coverage as the guy just runs funky. He always seems to be a step let getting to the QB. He has had what 1 good year at sacking the QB since he has been here. He also does not create many turnovers. I don't see a guy who is overly aggressive. I appreciate what he has done, but I think this is a position that can be upgraded and would instantly make the defense better.

Choice- after 2 decent games this guy thought he was all that and a bag of chips and fan's claiming he was the next Emmitt Smith. I have never heard a 3rd string complain so much about his playing time. He is not even any where near as good as Felix or as dynamic as Felix.If you think your all they then maybe you should focus on your pass protection and catching the ball, and even being a part of special teams. Heck Felix was returning Kicks and was better then the guy ahead of him, but you never heard a peep from him. I swear when you are gone I will be so happy. I don't like what you did on national television to embarrass this ball club. It is very clear you could careless about the image of this team and what it stands for. You are a me player just like your Buddy T-OOOOO. So now you can flash you TTTT CCCC sign somewhere else maybe a grocery store.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
TheRat;4061584 said:
Are they hyped?

Far more than Scandrick and Bennett. In terms of hype, I'd go with Newman by a landslide. I remember thinking a couple of years ago, so many people were making so much of the fact that he hadn't given up any TD passes for so long and were actually putting him up there with the best corners in the league based on that. What a joke -- total blind luck that he didn't give up TDs, just random chance. But the odds have a way of evening out given enough time, don't they?

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Miles Austin.

I love the guy and respect his story, but he's not an elite WR like some make him out to be. He drops too many easy passes and doesn't come up with enough tough ones. He's a great run after catch guy though. Dez Bryant is far and away the better WR on this team.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
TheFinisher;4061635 said:
Miles Austin.

I love the guy and respect his story, but he's not an elite WR like some make him out to be. He drops too many easy passes and doesn't come up with enough tough ones. He's a great run after catch guy though. Dez Bryant is far and away the better WR on this team.

All of our receivers (and TE) outside of Witten seem to have a problem with drops. I really don't get it.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
TheFinisher;4061635 said:
Miles Austin.

Man I think your really underestimating Miles here. The kid is a stud did he have his case of the drops last year yes! But he is a baller and has made some great catches for a guy who has started all of a year and a half. I am excited to see him and Dez as I think he won't get double covered as much. Roy was no help at all. But I don't think Miles is over hyped at all.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Cowboystar17;4061655 said:
Man I think your really underestimating Miles here. The kid is a stud did he have his case of the drops last year yes! But he is a baller and has made some great catches for a guy who has started all of a year and a half. I am excited to see him and Dez as I think he won't get double covered as much. Roy was no help at all. But I don't think Miles is over hyped at all.

And you can't put a price on the chemistry he has with Tony.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Brooking - based off of last year's performance and the fact that he still has a starting role

Spencer - based off his ENTIRE CAREER performance and the fact that he starts opposite Demarcus Ware. (hopefully Victor Butler takes his spot)

Ogletree - everyone saying he is a lock for the #3 WR spot, but only by default and seniority. I don't think he has beaten out Harris or Radway by any stretch of the imagination

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
silver;4061591 said:
Put away the anointing oil for those two already.

I hate that phrase.

I don't think anyone on this team is overrated. Our fans seem to hate everyone and want everyone cut except Tysson Poots.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
silver;4061591 said:
Arkin and Costa. Put away the anointing oil for those two already.

Who is trying to anoint them?

Could you show a post?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
TheRat;4061603 said:
None of those people are hyped. If anything Spears is underrated.

What does "Hype" have to do with what you originally asked? You asked who was overrated, not overhyped.

And some here have definitely overhyped/overrated James.

Spears is NOT underrated.

TheRat

The Silly Willy
Reaction score
Rack Bauer;4061678 said:
What does "Hype" have to do with what you originally asked? You asked who was overrated, not overhyped.

And some here have definitely overhyped/overrated James.

Spears is NOT underrated.
hype and rated is the same thing

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
TheRat;4061576 said:
Just off the top of my head: Scandrick, Sean Lee, Martellus Bennet, and I might even throw Josh Price-Brent in there.

Remember, to be overrated they have to be at best mediocre and hyped by the fan base.

at best mediocre and hyped by the fan base?
BROOKING!!!