Who are the playmakers that will emerge?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Offense: Dak, Zeke, Lamb, Cooper, Gallup, Jarwin, Pollard

Defense: Lawrence, Parsons, Neal, Donovan Wilson, Diggs, and maybe Joseph

Thats my list of players that "should" be 2021's playmakers.

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree, but it’s not the “popular” view here. I always read a lot of ‘we’re two or three years away’ crap. I think the talent we’ve assembled could be very competitive if coached right, but that seems to be the nonsensical babbling of “gullible Kool Aid drinkers”...
The problem always was weaknesses on D in key areas. However, that appears to be on the way to being fixed.

quickccc

Reaction score
Whatever Zeke might have had, is gone. He was playing on Ohio state against college players. Then had the best Oline in football in 2016. Once all those advantages went away, so did Zeke great running. Zeke had big time carries in college and the last few years. He just isnt the back he used to be.

He also doesnt have such a great knack for the GL as he has problems getting in these days. Has trouble in short yardage as well.

At the goal line, I’ll take my chances with Elliott every time.
Several times ZKE is still pushing the pile forward for forward after contact yards or the goal line TD, ‘I’ve heard opposing defenders testified in the past how Elliott takes a physical toll on their bodies,
his take on style and the power he generates off his lower body wears them down.
But again, there are those that theorized that it’s now become Zeke himself that the toll and style has reversed it’s course and he now is the one that has become worn down.

- And again I myself have a different theory, as I really believe the previous coaching staff made an effort to bulk him up to make him more of a methodical pounder than a breakaway thoroughbred.
I believe the 90’s oriented Garrett envisioned and patterned ZKE to a drive sustaining bell cow, …a “ plodder “ as you’ve termed it. And at that moment Linehan was right there with him on that program.

- The beauty of drafting zeke is we combined both his talents with a great OL, I saw it as secondary simulations of when we combined a great talent like Emmitt Smith,.. and the most dominant OL in history of NFL. ..there’s just nuthin’ wrong with that.

Only you’re gonna see the difference between a great RB vs an average RB.
Marion Barber for instance, had an all star OL but he never even managed 1,000 yards with minimal carries in his career. And a Barber could never place striking fear in a opposing defense the way Zeke did with his 2016-2017 speed.

- The very huge key goal (for those who do care vs the ones in destroy mode) is to get Zeke back to that 2016 form.
Heck, this zeke training actually reminds me of Rocky 3 with Creed re-training Rocky for more, and more “SPEED “. (Eye of the Tiger !!)

Too bad media isn’t covering the origin of this pre-post Zeke training course doing the dreadful quiet season of the NFL.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
At the goal line, I’ll take my chances with Elliott every time.
Several times ZKE is still pushing the pile forward for forward after contact yards or the goal line TD, ‘I’ve heard opposing defenders testified in the past how Elliott takes a physical toll on their bodies,
his take on style and the power he generates off his lower body wears them down.
But again, there are those that theorized that it’s now become Zeke himself that the toll and style has reversed it’s course and he now is the one that has become worn down.

- And again I myself have a different theory, as I really believe the previous coaching staff made an effort to bulk him up to make him more of a methodical pounder than a breakaway thoroughbred.
I believe the 90’s oriented Garrett envisioned and patterned ZKE to a drive sustaining bell cow, …a “ plodder “ as you’ve termed it. And at that moment Linehan was right there with him on that program.

- The beauty of drafting zeke is we combined both his talents with a great OL, I saw it as secondary simulations of when we combined a great talent like Emmitt Smith,.. and the most dominant OL in history of NFL. ..there’s just nuthin’ wrong with that.

Only you’re gonna see the difference between a great RB vs an average RB.
Marion Barber for instance, had an all star OL but he never even managed 1,000 yards with minimal carries in his career. And a Barber could never place striking fear in a opposing defense the way Zeke did with his 2016-2017 speed.

- The very huge key goal (for those who do care vs the ones in destroy mode) is to get Zeke back to that 2016 form.
Heck, this zeke training actually reminds me of Rocky 3 with Creed re-training Rocky for more, and more “SPEED “. (Eye of the Tiger !!)

Too bad media isn’t covering the origin of this pre-post Zeke training course doing the dreadful quiet season of the NFL.

Zeke would be fine if he was getting like 7 million per year and was getting 60% of the carries in a RB by committee. But to give him that kind of money and not use other backs that have better skills in different areas is hurting the team. Forcing Zeke hurts the offense. And he isnt a guy that is going to make plays on his own with poor blocking.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I'd like to see Parsons and Diggs become playmakers on D.

Offensively we have plenty of playmakers and game-breakers.

It'd be nice to have a couple on D.

quickccc

Reaction score
Zeke would be fine if he was getting like 7 million per year and was getting 60% of the carries in a RB by committee. But to give him that kind of money and not use other backs that have better skills in different areas is hurting the team. Forcing Zeke hurts the offense. And he isnt a guy that is going to make plays on his own with poor blocking.

While I will Not interested in getting into discussing these back and forth debates about zeke’s contract, I’d be willing to bet the club will be planning and stressing how zeke can/will have to improve himself to be a more explosive, more splash impact player he was before. The player he was drafted in 2016 to be.

If the Cowboys thought he was a physically tolled out washed up such as Adrian Peterson, Gurly, Chris Johnson, etc.,, I think they would already be planning Dez Bryant like ties to cut loose with him.

And what RB is productive with poor blocking ? Henry ? ..Chubb ?
In THIS current form per 2020, Zeke wasn’t gonna make a lot of plays on his own.
And what did Tony Pollard, a supposedly more faster back than Zeke, do when he had more opportunities (per Zeke's ankle injury,) behind this make shift, injury-riddled OL ?

I often compare zeke’s run style to Adrian Peterson as he was a one cut runner that wasn’t overly elusive, isn’t gonna make two and three multi-cut backs in a single run to make tacklers miss and whiff , and I had doubts if he without a substantial amount of help from his OL, wasn’t gonna make plays on his own without adequate blocking.

Elliott didn’t have a bad year 2 years ago in 2019, even with concerning health issues of Tyrone and Fredricks that year, i believe he actually ran for 1300+ yards, but yet its just that
we didn’t see the Derrick Henry type persistent breakaway and splash runs,

I don’t think he’s had a run over 40 yards since 2017 vs Seattle. And how many 20+ runs has he put up vs the likes of say Nick Chubb, who BTW has an excellent OL paving the way for him in Cleveland Dawg Pound land.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
While I will Not interested in getting into discussing these back and forth debates about zeke’s contract, I’d be willing to bet the club will be planning and stressing how zeke can/will have to improve himself to be a more explosive, more splash impact player he was before. The player he was drafted in 2016 to be.

If the Cowboys thought he was a physically tolled out washed up such as Adrian Peterson, Gurly, Chris Johnson, etc.,, I think they would already be planning Dez Bryant like ties to cut loose with him.

And what RB is productive with poor blocking ? Henry ? ..Chubb ?
In THIS current form per 2020, Zeke wasn’t gonna make a lot of plays on his own.
And what did Tony Pollard, a supposedly more faster back than Zeke, do when he had more opportunities (per Zeke's ankle injury,) behind this make shift, injury-riddled OL ?

I often compare zeke’s run style to Adrian Peterson as he was a one cut runner that wasn’t overly elusive, isn’t gonna make two and three multi-cut backs in a single run to make tacklers miss and whiff , and I had doubts if he without a substantial amount of help from his OL, wasn’t gonna make plays on his own without adequate blocking.

Elliott didn’t have a bad year 2 years ago in 2019, even with concerning health issues of Tyrone and Fredricks that year, i believe he actually ran for 1300+ yards, but yet its just that
we didn’t see the Derrick Henry type persistent breakaway and splash runs,

I don’t think he’s had a run over 40 yards since 2017 vs Seattle. And how many 20+ runs has he put up vs the likes of say Nick Chubb, who BTW has an excellent OL paving the way for him in Cleveland Dawg Pound land.

They cant cut Zeke or they would. Too much of a hit. And his contract is guaranteed at this point.

EXACTLY.............all RB's depend on the quality of the line severely, so paying them big money is a waste. Pay the line, not the back.

The problem with Zeke is we were told he was either the #1 RB in the NFL or top 3 for years now. Which he definitely not.

As far as Zeke being a Peterson type back I strongly disagree. Peterson has breakaways speed and has moves. Breaks tackles and runs by people. Zeke runs into people and has questionable visions. Has trouble bouncing outside.

quickccc

Reaction score
They cant cut Zeke or they would. Too much of a hit. And his contract is guaranteed at this point.

EXACTLY.............all RB's depend on the quality of the line severely, so paying them big money is a waste. Pay the line, not the back.

The problem with Zeke is we were told he was either the #1 RB in the NFL or top 3 for years now. Which he definitely not.

As far as Zeke being a Peterson type back I strongly disagree. Peterson has breakaways speed and has moves. Breaks tackles and runs by people. Zeke runs into people and has questionable visions. Has trouble bouncing outside.

Peterson ran by would be tacklers, off that one cut back, he patiently sense the flow and development of the OL blocks, and explodes in-out of hole into open daylight. ..Zeke 2016 is very similar. .
Ironically if one has studied Peterson he was actually somewhat stiff like in his hips, so he’s not gonna dazz

- 2016 to 2017 ..who was a better back than Zeke at that time ? Also Peterson wasn’t the blitz blocker and he wasn’t the screen pass catcher zeke was either.
Derrick Henry,.. a one cut runner. You’re not gonna see a lot of choppy, Marcus Allen swiveling and sidestep whiffing tacklers from a Peterson, Zeke or even a Henry.

- DeMarco Murray has the single season Cowboys record for rushing yards (even over HOF’ers Emmitt, Dorsett) but Cowboys still thought of him as just a solid back,
not unique-special enuff to re-sign long term.

- Here’s a kicker- these backs that you’re paying mega, (or due for a future big payday) .are not staying healthy, they haven’t been durable, missed substantial amount of games
at one point of their careers - McCaffrey- Cook- Nick Chubb - Barkley- Aaron Jones.. ….

Seems like the only ones who’s been healthy and durable ?: Henry, Zeke. and maybe Kamara.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Peterson ran by would be tacklers, off that one cut back, he patiently sense the flow and development of the OL blocks, and explodes in-out of hole into open daylight. ..Zeke 2016 is very similar. .
Ironically if one has studied Peterson he was actually somewhat stiff like in his hips, so he’s not gonna dazz

- 2016 to 2017 ..who was a better back than Zeke at that time ? Also Peterson wasn’t the blitz blocker and he wasn’t the screen pass catcher zeke was either.
Derrick Henry,.. a one cut runner. You’re not gonna see a lot of choppy, Marcus Allen swiveling and sidestep whiffing tacklers from a Peterson, Zeke or even a Henry.

- DeMarco Murray has the single season Cowboys record for rushing yards (even over HOF’ers Emmitt, Dorsett) but Cowboys still thought of him as just a solid back,
not unique-special enuff to re-sign long term.

- Here’s a kicker- these backs that you’re paying mega, (or due for a future big payday) .are not staying healthy, they haven’t been durable, missed substantial amount of games
at one point of their careers - McCaffrey- Cook- Nick Chubb - Barkley- Aaron Jones.. ….

Seems like the only ones who’s been healthy and durable ?: Henry, Zeke. and maybe Kamara.

Peterson could do it all and hit the home run. One of the best of all time. Zeke had one great season when the Oline was the best in the NFL. Peterson didnt need a great line.

Give me Murray over Zeke any day. Murray ran by people and had longer runs, was a better receiver and an A+ leader and teammate.

Zeke a screen catcher? LOL Now your comments are getting laughable.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm hoping the presence of Bohanna at DT for the defense will make life easier for our linebackers to plug the run. It could be him. Nevertheless, I'm hoping for the Dallas defense to display the most progress by introducing the most new playmakers for the C'boys' team.

A significant upward surge on our defensive play might surely include some playmakers that we haven't seen showing their wares there in quite some time. We've all seen the steady offseason hype regarding them. Here's hoping it's actually proven to be much more factual than fictional. ;)

Last edited:

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Hopefully parsons too and one of the new DBs
I imagine at least 2 or 3 guys from this draft class will be major contributors, particularly Parsons and Joseph. I was strictly speaking of carryovers from last year making the jump.

If we are talking newcomers, Parsons, Cox, Joseph, Bohana, Neal, and Kazee should all make immediate or early contributions. The future looks promising.

quickccc

Reaction score
Peterson could do it all and hit the home run. One of the best of all time. Zeke had one great season when the Oline was the best in the NFL. Peterson didnt need a great line.

Give me Murray over Zeke any day. Murray ran by people and had longer runs, was a better receiver and an A+ leader and teammate.

Zeke has had more than just one great year, as he led the NFL in rushing twice since entering the NFL.
Zeke has made homerun hitting plays off screen passes, do you call any notable 70 and 60 yd TD passes from AP ?

AP did have a great OL with Vikes, notable pro bowl players such as Steve Hutchison, Bryan McKinney and Matt Birk, especially early on in his career.

But " Give me Murray over Zeke " ... LOL ..... that pretty much sums it all up on your part vs Zeke., ....oh well,.. to each his own.
:muttley:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jeez, have some freaking patience. We'll find out who emerges when they emerge. :facepalm:
saved me a post as 80% of the post around here are asking us to be soothsayers ie fortune tellers ie Nostradamus..LOL

how do we know anything until they play...??

i guess the site would be pretty dead without hollow prediction posts..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I predict 6 PBS , the who will be named later but i think we will bonce back that well

didnt we have a goose egg last season so 6 would be great.. 3-4 from offense and 2 -3 from defense..:)):flagwave:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke has had more than just one great year, as he led the NFL in rushing twice since entering the NFL.
Zeke has made homerun hitting plays off screen passes, do you call any notable 70 and 60 yd TD passes from AP ?

AP did have a great OL with Vikes, notable pro bowl players such as Steve Hutchison, Bryan McKinney and Matt Birk, especially early on in his career.

But " Give me Murray over Zeke " ... LOL ..... that pretty much sums it all up on your part vs Zeke., ....oh well,.. to each his own.
yup hater be hating add to it he led the league in 2017 in YPG even though he missed 6 I believe he would have got the Title that yes as well, that 3 straight rushing titles from a rookie to year 3..2019 wasn't great but i was still very goods..top4 lol 30myards from 3rd..yup he suked..

they all look to blame zeke for 2020 and that stupid..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Notice how you keep talking about Zeke 4 and 5 years ago? The gig is up!!

Peterson makes Zeke look like a old fat kid. Murrays 1800 yards make Zeke look like the chump he is.

kskboys

Reaction score

Peterson is/was an awful blocker and screen guy. Prettty much worthless, unless he had the ball. Zimmer wanted him gone from MINN, because you can't win in today's NFL w/ a back like that. Not sure how he could do it all, because he didn't.

quickccc

Reaction score
Notice how you keep talking about Zeke 4 and 5 years ago? The gig is up!!

Peterson makes Zeke look like a old fat kid. Murrays 1800 yards make Zeke look like the chump he is.

LOL .. now you can tell that Zeke hatery and agenda is sipping out of you and the " gig is up " ..!!

:lmao: