Who are we trading for?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Salary dump.....Guy can't stay healthy.....They like Damien Wilson and want to get him on the field.....Trying to recoup draft picks.

Sean Lee's salary is small this year and next.

dallasdave

Reaction score
I don't know how I would feel about it even if the Cowboys were already mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.

Lee is great leader and really good player; however, we never know how much he will be on the field. It's hard to envision a team giving up enough to make it worth trading him away. Even the best MLB is unlikely to fetch a huge return like a pass rusher, LT or WR would from a playoff team.

I really like Lee, but it would be hard to turn down a future # 1 pick. Mixed feelings, but it would have to be a #1 pick or two #2 picks to get me to consider it.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Oh man.....this place would have come unglued......

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 6m6 minutes ago
Broncos and Cowboys couldn't agree on compensation for Sean Lee trade. Nothing to do with cap room per NFL sources.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess ole Wade likes himself some Sean Lee. Trying to get the band back together. Watch them go pick up Spencer too:laugh:

Why is nobody talking about this?

@Zordon
Here's the original tweet by Mike Klis. Seems that SOMEHOW it got changed from Joe Thomas to Sean Lee along the way.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2h2 hours ago
Broncos and Browns couldn't agree on compensation for Joe Thomas trade. Nothing to do with cap room or time per NFL sources.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's no way the cowboys were shopping sean lee.

The other team could have contacted them. You probably always want to hear the offer in case a team offers to drastically overcompensate you.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really like Lee, but it would be hard to turn down a future # 1 pick. Mixed feelings, but it would have to be a #1 pick or two #2 picks to get me to consider it.

Yes, for only and 2nd round pick, that pick would just get you a LB that you hope will be a decent starter. The probability of Lee staying healthy is probably as good as the probability that a 2nd round pick would be as good as him.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The other team could have contacted them. You probably always want to hear the offer in case a team offers to drastically overcompensate you.

The tweet was altered from Joe Thomas. There is no actual tweet by Mike Klis mentioning Sean Lee.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BS...Quit changing my story:mad:

See, I went to Twitter and found the original Tweet. Heck, it's right in your own post (the embedded link). This is the tweet you linked to.

It says Joe Thomas.

Hey look, if your messing around and having fun, then fine. It's been a very frustrating few days for me with people making stuff up (unrelated to football), so I have little patience for people who present false stories as fact in order to get a reaction from people. Sorry to ruin your fun, but I'm tired of this crap.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Need to get a fg kicker. I'm sure bailey will be about worn out from kicking field goals for 7 weeks straight.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
See, I went to Twitter and found the original Tweet. Heck, it's right in your own post (the embedded link). This is the tweet you linked to.

It says Joe Thomas.

Hey look, if your messing around and having fun, then fine. It's been a very frustrating few days for me with people making stuff up (unrelated to football), so I have little patience for people who present false stories as fact in order to get a reaction from people. Sorry to ruin your fun, but I'm tired of this crap.

He must have changed his link.......