Who are you picking at 24 if these are the best options left

reddyuta

Reaction score
pick the best Center in the draft,it will solve a lot of problems on the Oline.

J-man

Reaction score
Mims, Murphy, JPJ, Robinson, Fautanu, DeJean, Newton, Barton, Guyton and Kool Aid
in that order

Aven8

Reaction score
While we need a Center bad 24 is really high to go that route. Tfred was pick 31.

Btw just to make everyone sick, he is still only 32 years old…….

rambo2

Reaction score
While we need a Center bad 24 is really high to go that route. Tfred was pick 31.

Btw just to make everyone sick, he is still only 32 years old…….
Jackson Powers-Johnson is 20 on Brugler's list. 24 isn't too high for him.

Aven8

Reaction score
Jackson Powers-Johnson is 20 on Brugler's list. 24 isn't too high for him.
It’s iffy to me. If JPJ is a 10 year starter and Kelce 2.0 I’m all about it. Buts it’s still high for a OC.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Fautanu. He's the kind of freakish dancing-bear LT that never falls out of the top 15.

I'd be more than happy with JPJ, and he may very well be the best center prospect in the last 10 years. But positional value wins out here.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Good question........lot would depend on whether or not Tyron is resigned and if so, how many years. But it would be hard to pass on Mims or Morgan.

Guyton IMHO would be a reach there but Fautanu is your top rated guard.
If we go OL with our 1st round pick I would prefer fixing a big hole in the middle of this OL asap and easily taking JPJ/Oregon center there.
Would be an impact upgrade for this OL.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
While JPJ is the pick we should all want at 24, I doubt he will be there. Too many other teams searching for a center as well as us. With his size, strength and smarts - it seems like a no brainer. If he's gone, in what order do we like Barton, Frazier and Van Pran ? 2nd, 3rd, 4th ? All centers.
If a few of the OTs are available at 24, that may be our best opportunity to trade back and recoup one of our mid round picks.
This year's draft has to be perfect !
After last year's debacle...

rambo2

Reaction score
While JPJ is the pick we should all want at 24, I doubt he will be there. Too many other teams searching for a center as well as us. With his size, strength and smarts - it seems like a no brainer. If he's gone, in what order do we like Barton, Frazier and Van Pran ? 2nd, 3rd, 4th ? All centers.
If a few of the OTs are available at 24, that may be our best opportunity to trade back and recoup one of our mid round picks.
This year's draft has to be perfect !
After last year's debacle...
Overshown needs to come back strong.

MikeT22

Reaction score
I’ve seen JPJ mocked to the Jags, Rams, and Steelers who are all drafting ahead of us. The last 2 also recently released their starting C. Miami also has Connor Williams who is a FA.

One of those teams could sign Connor and maybe one more signs a FA Center. But at least 2, and maybe 3 or all 4 will be looking for a center in the draft.

I see no way JPJ makes it to 24. It possible he and Barton both go before us. That would leave Frazier, ranked around 35-40, and Van Pran who is projected as a 3rd rounder.