Who besides the Cowboys have a Top 5 QB, Receiver, and Defensive star?

btgboys41

Reaction score
I don’t think Dak or Micah are playing top 5 but I get your point. They have gotten great play from the three you’ve listed along with Bland and the kicker. The next few weeks will be exciting to see them test their mettle against an upgrade in opponents.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I don’t consider him a defensive star.
He was 4th in voting for Defensive MVP last year....and has as many sacks as Micah despite playing 1 less game (they play tomorrow night) and wearing a cast on his arm for a month.

I mean...I get it....I wouldn't put him in Top 5 for this year just because he was injured.... but he was nearly a 20 sack guy for a superbowl team.

Granted....this is all opinions....but in MY opinion Reddick's defensive rank should probably be about where Dak's QB rank is ....just inside Top 10.

Now that our stretch of opponents against creampuff teams that are devoid of talent is over, let's see if Dak can keep it up, or if he reverts to what he's always been in the past: bad team demolisher, good team weakling.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He was 4th in voting for Defensive MVP last year....and has as many sacks as Micah despite playing 1 less game (they play tomorrow night) and wearing a cast on his arm for a month.

I mean...I get it....I wouldn't put him in Top 5 for this year just because he was injured.... but he was nearly a 20 sack guy for a superbowl team.

Granted....this is all opinions....but in MY opinion Reddick's defensive rank should probably be about where Dak's QB rank is ....just inside Top 10.

Now that our stretch of opponents against creampuff teams that are devoid of talent is over, let's see if Dak can keep it up, or if he reverts to what he's always been in the past: bad team demolisher, good team weakling.
Sacks don’t make you a star though. Nobody ever considered Bruce Irvin a star or Robert Quinn…..

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Sacks don’t make you a star though. Nobody ever considered Bruce Irvin a star or Robert Quinn…..
The Question was Top 5 Player...and he was 4th in MVP voting..... so the people who evaluate Star players had him as top 5

But yeah...pure stats don't make Reddick a top 5 Defensive player. And likewise pure stats don't make Dak a Top 5 QB. I have them both...for the very reason you just mentioned...outside of the top 5, but juuusssttt inside Top 10.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
Top 5 QB? *Looks around*

Where?

Top 5 QBs can beat tough teams. Was he top 5 after the 9ers game? Oh I see, he's top 5 because he beats up on some of the worst teams in the league.

You guys are so gullible.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Question was Top 5 Player...and he was 4th in MVP voting..... so the people who evaluate Star players had him as top 5

But yeah...pure stats don't make Reddick a top 5 Defensive player. And likewise pure stats don't make Dak a Top 5 QB. I have them both...for the very reason you just mentioned...outside of the top 5, but juuusssttt inside Top 10.
What 5 quarterbacks are playing better than Dak right now? Purdy? Lamar? Mahomes?

And the poster said "defensive star".

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
What 5 quarterbacks are playing better than Dak right now? Purdy? Lamar? Mahomes?

And the poster said "defensive star".
If I answered that...what would happen?

You would take a certain number of those names and argue that they aren't better than Dak? I would ask you who the players are you think are better than Reddick in the Star Category...and would likewise tell you why I disagree?

Would your opinion change despite me telling you why I think you're wrong?

Would my opinion change despite you telling me why my QB list is wrong?

How many back and forth posts would ensue?

Besides...at the end of the day...the players will answer this for us.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If I answered that...what would happen?

You would take a certain number of those names and argue that they aren't better than Dak? I would ask you who the players are you think are better than Reddick in the Star Category...and would likewise tell you why I disagree?

Would your opinion change despite me telling you why I think you're wrong?

Would my opinion change despite you telling me why my QB list is wrong?

How many back and forth posts would ensue?

Besides...at the end of the day...the players will answer this for us.
All I did was ask a question. You said he’d be inside the top 10 so I figured the question would be easy to answer. You can argue opinions but not facts.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
All I did was ask a question. You said he’d be inside the top 10 so I figured the question would be easy to answer. You can argue opinions but not facts.
What facts are you referring to in this "is he a top 5 or isn't he"? Stats are what they are (facts)...their relevance to how good a player is or isn't is opinion.

What facts do you mean?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What facts are you referring to in this "is he a top 5 or isn't he"? Stats are what they are (facts)...their relevance to how good a player is or isn't is opinion.

What facts do you mean?
Facts are that currently right now there aren't 5 QB's playing better than Dak. Hell initially I said, not the whole season? I can't even say that. He's 4th in passer rating and 2nd in QBR.....a lot of goal post pushers like to use one or the other to discredit him. Whichever one is lower. Its a fact that there are not 5 better QB's then him this year. If you want to use Passing Td's? He's 3rd there.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Facts are that currently right now there aren't 5 QB's playing better than Dak. Hell initially I said, not the whole season? I can't even say that. He's 4th in passer rating and 2nd in QBR.....a lot of goal post pushers like to use one or the other to discredit him. Whichever one is lower. Its a fact that there are not 5 better QB's then him this year. If you want to use Passing Td's? He's 3rd there.
You mean it's a FACT that there aren't 5 QB's with better statistics than him? If so....wholeheartedly agree.

If you mean there just aren't 5 QBs better...as in BETTER better...then "better" isn't a fact, it's an opinion, any more than me saying Pizza is better than Fried Chicken and that's a fact.

Like it's not a FACT that Caleb Williams is a better QB than Maye. Some think Maye is better...some think Williams is better. Who has the better STATS isn't an opinion...but lots of things come into play when deciding who's really better: surrounding talent, COMPETITION he's faced....how the play in big games, not just vs Southern Idaho State...etc etc.

If u mean just statistically, then we can all see what "the stats" are.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You mean it's a FACT that there aren't 5 QB's with better statistics than him? If so....wholeheartedly agree.

If you mean there just aren't 5 QBs better...as in BETTER better...then "better" isn't a fact, it's an opinion, any more than me saying Pizza is better than Fried Chicken and that's a fact.

Like it's not a FACT that Caleb Williams is a better QB than Maye. Some think Maye is better...some think Williams is better. Who has the better STATS isn't an opinion...but lots of things come into play when deciding who's really better: surrounding talent, COMPETITION he's faced....how the play in big games, not just vs Southern Idaho State...etc etc.

If u mean just statistically, then we can all see what "the stats" are.
Use whatever you want to use. You can use "eye test"....you can use "wins"....you can use QBR or whatever stat you want. This season there are not 5 quarterbacks playing better than Dak. Not Burrow, Not Herbert, not Trevor, not Josh....none of them.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Use whatever you want to use. You can use "eye test"....you can use "wins"....you can use QBR or whatever stat you want. This season there are not 5 quarterbacks playing better than Dak. Not Burrow, Not Herbert, not Trevor, not Josh....none of them.
Oh....well then you answered your own question then. No need to see my silly ole list of the 8 QBs I have that are better!