Who besides the Cowboys have a Top 5 QB, Receiver, and Defensive star?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I didn't name those...but yeah that's why I said 10 posts ago this is all a big waste of time. And here we are!
You wasted the time by playing a game instead of answering the question. So I just played the game with you. Even his biggest haters can't name 5 guys playing better than him right now. As you can see most of them are on hiatus from this site.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
You wasted the time by playing a game instead of answering the question. So I just played the game with you. Even his biggest haters can't name 5 guys playing better than him right now. As you can see most of them are on hiatus from this site.
Oh I Like Dak!

There's 32 starting QBs....and there's only 7 or 8 I'd take over him. Quite the compliment!!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
You do not see the difference, do you? The Eagles used that schedule to get the #1 seed.

How are the Cowboys using theirs?
Hmm cart before the horse much, you calling a philly divisional win right now? Put your money where your mouth is..

Sydla

Reaction score
I get wanting to put Dak down, and I've been critical of his play in the past, including some bad performances this year but this year he's 2nd in QBR, 4th in QB rating, 2nd in completion percentage, 4th in TDs thrown, 5th in yards per attempt.

I am not sure he's a Top 5 QB overall but for this year, if you go by the stats and look at the performances of QBs this year, he's probably in that Top 5 thus far this season.

Sydla

Reaction score
I get wanting to put Dak down, and I've been critical of his play in the past, including some bad performances this year but this year he's 2nd in QBR, 4th in QB rating, 2nd in completion percentage, 4th in TDs thrown, 5th in yards per attempt.

I am not sure he's a Top 5 QB overall but for this year, if you go by the stats and look at the performances of QBs this year, he's probably in that Top 5 thus far this season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Oh I Like Dak!

There's 32 starting QBs....and there's only 7 or 8 I'd take over him. Quite the compliment!!
There's probably 7 or 8 i'd take care over him as well but that's not the question. The question is can you name 5 quarterbacks playing better than him right now? And you can't.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

And that's all i'm saying. The whole "Top 5" discussion.....Josh Allen has to belong there right? Maybe Burrow? One bad season shouldn't take you out of that discussion. But if its who's playing top 5 THIS season? Dak belongs in there. Initially I said, he belongs in there for his play the last few weeks but I didn't know he literally top 5 in most major passing statistics.....makes you wonder how things would've faired if he had better showings against teams like the 49ers and Cardinals.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
There's probably 7 or 8 i'd take care over him as well but that's not the question. The question is can you name 5 quarterbacks playing better than him right now? And you can't.
My list doesn't go up and down week to week. My QB list at the beginning of the year is about where it is now (save for the Houston kid).

I don't move a QB up my list 4 spots because he racked up stats against a series of bottom feeders.

He moves up the list by how he played against real competition.

If Derrick Carr goes and throws for 400 yds and 5 TDs against the Danny DeVito lead Giants....he ain't moving up my list because of it. I don't have a separate "highest stats in last 4 weeks" list...as that means nothing to me.

That's the problem with so many people in here: Dak sucks against SF and they say he's the worst QB in the league, then he beats San Diego and they say he's top 5. Then he loses to Eagles or Zona and they say he's not even in the Top 20. Then he thrashes the 2 worst teams in the league devoid of any talent and they're calling for MVP talk. It's like a bunch of adolescent hormonal girls.

Gotta be more even keel than that. This place needs a "steady hand at the wheel" to keep you all from zig zapping all over the road, slamming on the breaks, then flooring it, over correcting, etc

That's why I'm here!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
My list doesn't go up and down week to week. My QB list at the beginning of the year is about where it is now (save for the Houston kid).

I don't move a QB up my list 4 spots because he racked up stats against a series of bottom feeders.

If Derrick Carr goes and throws for 400 yds and 5 TDs against the Danny DeVito lead Giants....he ain't moving up my list because of it. I don't have a separate "highest stats in last 4 weeks" list...as that means nothing to me.

That's the problem with so many people in here: Dak sucks against SF and they say he's the worst QB in the league, then he beats San Diego and they say he's top 5. Then he loses to Eagles or Zona and they say he's not even in the Top 20. Then he thrashes the 2 worst teams in the league devoid of any talent and they're calling for MVP talk. It's like a bunch of adolescent hormonal girls.

Gotta be more even keel than that. This place needs a "steady hand at the wheel" to keep you all from zig zapping all over the road, slamming on the breaks, then flooring it, over correcting, etc

That's why I'm here!
I declined you services, turned in the signed sheet to your secretary...kinda like a pink slip.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

That's why I'm here!
Dak isn't up there because he beat the Giants. I literally told you he has the best stats THIS SEASON. He's had a great year. It isn't just one game. So yeah if Derek Carr was #2 in Passer Rating i'd say he's playing like a top 5 QB. Hell i'll admit it about Cousins. Kirk Cousins was playing like a top 5 QB before he got hurt. You can list whoever you want to in your top 5. But you can't argue against who's playing the best football right now. Brock Purdy is the only one who can make the claim he's playing better if you want to use stats.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Dak isn't up there because he beat the Giants. I literally told you he has the best stats THIS SEASON. He's had a great year. It isn't just one game. So yeah if Derek Carr was #2 in Passer Rating i'd say he's playing like a top 5 QB. Hell i'll admit it about Cousins. Kirk Cousins was playing like a top 5 QB before he got hurt. You can list whoever you want to in your top 5. But you can't argue against who's playing the best football right now. Brock Purdy is the only one who can make the claim he's playing better if you want to use stats.
I said from the get go I wasn't arguing about this.

I'm perfectly fine with you having him in ur Top 5. I'm perfectly fine with me having him in my Top 9.

That's what makes this country great: living with people with different points of view!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I said from the get go I wasn't arguing about this.

I'm perfectly fine with you having him in ur Top 5. I'm perfectly fine with me having him in my Top 9.

That's what makes this country great: living with people with different points of view!
There's no "different point of view". He's literally playing top 5 right now lol. You don't have to argue it like I said earlier. you can't argue against facts though.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
As far as stats this season.....where does Micah rank?

Sydla

Reaction score
Who besides the Cowboys can say they’ve played 7 of 11 games against teams that will pick in the top 10 of next year’s draft?

I will say the Cowboys do know how to kick the crap out of these opponents like nobody else… Hats off to them for that…
Who are the 7?

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
As far as stats this season.....where does Micah rank?
Just looked it up: 7th in sacks. 192nd in total tackles. Tied for 60th in forced fumbles.

So I guess if this is a stats based ranking....then my list (as should everyone's) have Dak in, but Micah out, of the Top 5.

If it's about "Who's Best"....then Micah makes my Top 5, but Dak doesn't.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Who are the 7?
Its kinda funny seeing that Dallas and Philthy have basically the same schedule..They still have the 49's on the schedule and an away game against us and lost to the jets...stones glass house post actually