Twitter: Who Cowboys are targeting at 10 per Tony Pauline

Blitzen

Reaction score
My guess? Jerry's infatuated with the idea of Aaron Donald. And since we can't get the real thing, they're swinging wildly to find someone similar

Exactly. Jerry loves to reach on comparables. If nothing else, it's something to sell the lemmings. Quincy Carter is African American, plays the QB position, runs well... Look at what that Donovan McNabb has been doing to my Cowboys. Now we have a mobile QB too (same/same).

The team needs to spend far less time concentrating on which player this prospect compares to most favorably. Idiotic owners want to know comparables as they don't know how to scout prospects but like to play scout as it makes them feel involved.

Blitzen

Reaction score
No one knows who the Cowboys are targeting. But hey, enjoy being sucked.

Not even the Cowboys know who they were targeting back in the day. Let's not pretend that this team doesn't disclose quite a bit prior to the draft as to prospects they like a lot. Official draft boards have been leaked before. It's not like the Cowboys have top notch cloak and dagger tactics over the years. This front office has done nothing to prove they are anything but one or several steps behind the most successful squads.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Lots of people in the building saying unless Sewell, OL not being looked at(10th).

Parsons is a No according to Broaddus.

The hope is one of Sewell, Surtain, Pitts is there at 10 if not trade back is very possible and the targets will be Paye, Collins, Moehring.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Lots of people in the building saying unless Sewell, OL not being looked at(10th).

The hope is one of Sewell, Surtain, Pitts is there at 10 if not trade back is very possible and the targets will be Paye, Collins, Moehring.
Paye is starting to grow on me. Gregory, Lawrence and Gregory on 3rd down would be absolute murder as all can slide inside in a pinch.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Jerry’s going splash again this year.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Brugler has Williams as the fourth best DT so maybe it wouldn't be a reach

Scary pick...the more I dig.....Doesn't really come off the ball as a DE......not that big as a DT. He's a tweener...Kind of reminds me of the guy we just picked up....Basham from the Jets.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Scary pick...the more I dig.....Doesn't really come off the ball as a DE......not that big as a DT. He's a tweener...Kind of reminds me of the guy we just picked up....Basham from the Jets.

Yeah, I’m not overly impressed with him either. I watched him against Georgia Southern and he was getting absolutely manhandled.

Gaede

Reaction score

Team trades down and take PAYE, we riot. Yuck.

If we trade down and take Moehrig or Collins, I like that.

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
We should stay at ten and choose a true elite talent, jmo
Pitts, Slater, Sewell, surtain, even Horn. One will be there.....
You can make a strong argument either way, it would depend on who is there and what another team was offering.