Twitter: Who Cowboys are targeting at 10 per Tony Pauline

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Interesting that the Cowboys like the Virginia Tech tackle as well. It looks like if one of the quarterbacks is there at 10 the Cowboys will consider a trade down. I believe Pauline’s intel. It seems like they don’t like Slater or Vera-Tucker. I wonder why?
They probably view them as interior players, like they did with Martin.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I know the draft is a crapshoot, but that advice would look bad in 2017 when guys like Humphrey, Lattimore and White were taken in the first while Awuzie, Sidney Jones, and Quincy Wilson were the round 2 guys in a "loaded" corner draft.
You can cherry pick alot of drafts where that wouldnt fly. Like 2016

RS12

Reaction score
Thats not exactly true on Garrett. As HC his first picks were:
2011 - Tyron
2012- Claiborne
2013 - Fred
2014 - Martin
2015 - Byron Jones
2016 - Zeke
2017 - Taco
2018 - LVE
2019 - no first R d - first pick in draft was trysten hill

so offense was 4 picks, defense was 5 picks while he was HC with there first pick in the draft
I don't think Garrett had tremendous input on those drafts. Jerry knew Garrett was a politician/ yes man who seemed more interested in playing footsie with Charlotte than the draft.

morasp

Reaction score
I agree, pass rushers usually get overdrafted. However, the class isn't deep at the top, but there are several top 75 prospects at the position. It's kind of like the corner position, it may come down to which edge player fits a particular team the best. Think the position will stretch this yr, where he should even see some prospects in rd 3. Ossail, Turner, Williams are three they have been linked, it's very possible they take one at 44
I think I saw that they were going to talk to Jaelan Phillips too which I wouldn't mind at all.

jrumann59

Reaction score
The good thing about Sewell is if he sucks at OT he can always take over for Williams.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He rose a round after his pro day

I'm always wary of those types. Measurables should only be used to confirm what you see on the field and Williams on the field looks like a mid-round player.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree for sure, and I like Williams. It does feel a lot like the interest in Hill. We were all like 'there is no way we take Hill with our first pick', right up until draft Day, when it was plainly obvious the team wouldn't take anyone else
It feels just like tge trysten hill momentum.....

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why not Slater or Parsons? Even a DE...why a cb? I guess they want to pair someone with Diggs. It just seems like a bad move but I guess they want to play pass defense. I would have thought they want to stop the run and get a pass Rush. So are they depending on Greggory now?
It’s a passing league.

Jfconrow

Reaction score

Too far to go down imo.

The Pats want a QB too. It would be for next years 1st, I’m good with that for trading down. I’m also good trading up for Pitts. Exciting stuff this year. I say punt on this year with no Combine who really knows.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Pats want a QB too. It would be for next years 1st, I’m good with that for trading down. I’m also good trading up for Pitts. Exciting stuff this year. I say punt on this year with no Combine who really knows.
I think 15 is lowest I'd go tbh

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If we got a 2 & 3 or a 3 and a 2022 1st rd pick would be a good deal.
It would have to include next year's 1 for me.
Then you are in barmore, Farley, Newsome, collibs, darrisaw, Jenkins, ojulari, territory