Who do you like in Super Bowl?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And why do you think they will win?

This isn’t a popularity contest which I’m not really interested in why you hate or love one team but I’m more curious in why you think they’ll win or lose.

The spread is only 2 1/2 which is a rather slim spread on the Super Bowl. My hunch says take the Patriots but I’m doubting my instincts as I’ve done horrible against the spread in playoffs this year.

Do you like the over or under 57? And why?

jsb357

Reaction score
I think it will be a close game and go over 57 points as I think it will take at least 30 to win.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Rams, word is Wade was holding back for the Postseason. Limiting guys reps all year on defense till now, plus he is running a different variation of his defense now whereas before they kept it vanilla...

Flamma

Reaction score
My gut feeling is that the Rams are going to win. But if I actually had to lay money down on the winner I'd bet the Patriots. Why? Because they tend to win regardless of the lack in talent relative to their opponent. They beat the greatest show on turf, the Seahawks, the Falcons, all games I thought they would lose. That's why I am picking the Patriots to win this.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Rooting for the Pats. I want to see Brady get his 6th ring.

Nothing redeeming about the Rams at all. I do enjoy Gurley, though. Hopefully he plays.

nathanlt

Reaction score
And why do you think they will win?

This isn’t a popularity contest which I’m not really interested in why you hate or love one team but I’m more curious in why you think they’ll win or lose.

The spread is only 2 1/2 which is a rather slim spread on the Super Bowl. My hunch says take the Patriots but I’m doubting my instincts as I’ve done horrible against the spread in playoffs this year.

Do you like the over or under 57? And why?

I predict the referees will win by placing secret bets through relatives and fixing the game. Now, if you're referring to a legitimate Super Bowl, where the outcome is not predetermined, ... THAT DOESN'T EXIST. Football, as we thought we knew it, is clearly over and DONE!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I like the Cowboys in the SB but since they did not make it I will go with the Rams.

Reaction score
Patriots will blow Rams out

I’ve been joking on one of my coworker Rams fans all weeks about how if they win there will be an asterisks by the win hahahaha

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I’ve been joking on one of my coworker Rams fans all weeks about how if they win there will be an asterisks by the win hahahaha

That is alright Patriots did not mind the asterisk next to their last SB win. lol

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I dislike both teams, but my SB wish is to see the Patriots beat the Rams on an egregiously blown call/non-call by the officials. That way, we can listen to the Rams whine about the game after dismissing the Saints complaints and the Pats get a tainted win.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score

Rams won because they are the better team. In fact Saints aren't even in the same league as the Rams. If this game was play in a neutral field, the Rams blow the Saints out. Crowd noise and fake whistles by cheating fans is why the game was even close in the first place not to mention Goff outplay Brees.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
I dislike both teams, but my SB wish is to see the Patriots beat the Rams on an egregiously blown call/non-call by the officials. That way, we can listen to the Rams whine about the game after dismissing the Saints complaints and the Pats get a tainted win.

So you are okay with the Pats winning on a tainted call? How does that even make sense. You are piss that the Rams won on a blown call but you are okay with the Pats win on a blown call? That makes you a hypocrite. How pathetic!

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
So you are okay with the Pats winning on a tainted call? How does that even make sense. You are piss that the Rams won on a blown call but you are okay with the Pats win on a blown call? That makes you a hypocrite. How pathetic!
Not as pathetic as the clown that really cares. You of course being the clown.

sean10mm

Reaction score
It's close, but I give the edge to the Patriots I think.

I feel like the Chiefs were the biggest threat to the Patriots honestly. Their offense combined extreme talent with extreme unpredictability - even when your defense "won" its matchups, Mahomes would often make a big play anyway. He can make throws out of the pocket & on the move effortlessly, and the Chiefs have a lot of extreme athletic ability among their receiving weapons. It's extremely hard to plan for that, and past a certain point even Belichick can't just scheme away the other guy being way faster than you. It's almost like they were built to vex the Patriots defense specifically.

Goff by contrast makes virtually all his plays within the offensive system - by following the rules, staying inside the lines, making simple "if A throw here, if B throw there" reads, with a lot of motion and formation variation to create the illusion of complexity around what are simple concepts of "fake pass then run"/"fake run then pass."

And these are all things that Belichick can analyze and develop counters for. Goff is still relatively inexperienced and has to be spoon-fed a lot of reads by his coach before the play clock hits 00:15, and that just seems like something Belichick can exploit.

On defense the Rams are better than the Chiefs, but a lot less than they should be (like #20 in scoring or something), and all year they stunk against the run - a strength for this year's Patriots team. They have a single amazing DT... but their pass rush was far weaker than the Chiefs all season, and the Pats OL shut the Chiefs rush down completely. Every year people predict X super pass rusher is going to kill Brady, and it keeps not happening outside 2013 (a perfect storm of OL injuries meeting Von Miller & Ware) and 2007 against a Giants team with a simply monstrous front 7. The Rams are not on the level of either of those defenses - outside of Donald they're a bunch of big names not quite playing up to their name recognition.