Who do you think is the Cowboys best player

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Who do you think is the Cowboys best player?

1. Roy Williams

2. Terence Newman

3. DeMarcus Ware

4. Terrell Owens

5. Jason Witten

6. Mike Vanderjagt

7. Drew Bledsoe

8. Terry Glenn

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
as far as pure talent at their position nobody comes close to Roy Williams, hes by far the best SS in the league...and if he had a credible FS he would be deadly

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
TO. He's arguably the best WR in the game with the other being S. Smith.

Reaction score
Most talented I would have to say Terrell Owens.

Best all around player, i'd say Terence Newman and Roy Williams.

parchy

Reaction score
gbrittain said:
As for pure talent, I would have to say Terrell Owens.

Agreed, but I think in terms of guys we've seen play as Cowboys, Terence Newman has the most pure skill. When he plays like he is capable of (see 2005 season), he has no discernable weaknesses.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
parchy said:
Agreed, but I think in terms of guys we've seen play as Cowboys, Terence Newman has the most pure skill. When he plays like he is capable of (see 2005 season), he has no discernable weaknesses.

He needs to string it together with another good season or two before I blow my load over Newman....

Good corner? Yes.

Great corner? Not until he does it consistantly.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hard choices there Rich, but I'm going w/Newman.

The most underrated on the team and yet the most effective. Doesn't have many, if any, warts where you have to qualify his play where everything has to be absolutely perfect for him...other than his confidence.

bigdrulez3141

Reaction score
I think it would be a close race between Terence Newman and TO but I think TO has a slight lead right now just because he has proved it for more years.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
IMO, not even close, Terrance Newman by a wide margin at this point.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Owens. Newman is the only other guy in the conversation but TO is in another class IMO. Roy would be a notch below TNew.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Some of you are really saying Roy? I love Roy but I find his performance since his rookie year disappointing. One week, like vs. Philly and Denver, he is huge. Then other weeks he's just a solid tackler and nothing more. I guess I miss all the big hits.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
aznhalf said:
Newman!!

TO vs Newman in practice will be fun to watch.

That will be interesting. I wonder if it helps Newman improve even more.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
1. Roy
2. TO
3. Newman
4. Vanderjagt
5. Witten
6. Ware

these 6 are in a class by themselves right now.. and the top 3 are very debatable.. I would include Vanderjagt in that if he could kickoff better..

gbrittain

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Some of you are really saying Roy? I love Roy but I find his performance since his rookie year disappointing. One week, like vs. Philly and Denver, he is huge. Then other weeks he's just a solid tackler and nothing more. I guess I miss all the big hits.

Yeah, I love Roy. One of my favorite Cowboys, but clearly at this point not the best Cowboy player.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What I would love to read are some first person accounts of Terrence Newman. Obviously, he doesn't get the ball thrown his side much, thus I (as well as others watching on tv) don't get to see much of him.

So...how good is he?

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
I think there are some underappreciated players and over appreciated players for the Cowboys.

Best players:

TO
Bledsoe
Henry
Witten
Vanderjagt

Newman gets burned so often, and when Williams isn't making a big hit (like a line-backer) then he seems useless to me.

I must be missing something.