Who do you think is the Cowboys best player

Reaction score
I am definitely not a TO fan (yet) but he is probably one of the 5 most talented people in the NFL! T-New would be 2nd with Witten, Ware, Roy W., Bledsoe, Adams, Ellis, James, and Glenn all being in the 2nd tier. Might be able to add Spears and Canty after this year!:rolleyes:

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Aikmaniac said:
What I would love to read are some first person accounts of Terrence Newman. Obviously, he doesn't get the ball thrown his side much, thus I (as well as others watching on tv) don't get to see much of him.

So...how good is he?

Watch the clips of the (first) Philly game...he tackles like a freaking safety. He really seems to have learned a lot from Roy.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Aikmaniac said:
What I would love to read are some first person accounts of Terrence Newman. Obviously, he doesn't get the ball thrown his side much, thus I (as well as others watching on tv) don't get to see much of him.

So...how good is he?
When I went to training camp in San Antonio in 2003, I did a couple of detailed writeups of Newman tangling with Joey Galloway in practice... It was really awesome to watch IMO. Galloway was just blazing fast, and quick to boot... Much more impressive in person than on TV, I thought. And Newman was able to stay with him and make a couple of diving breakups on out routes that were just amazing (especially to this former slow, unathletic corner. :))

And that was about one week into his pro career, when he was pretty much going strictly on athletic ability... He's technically much more sound now.

I'm sure some people will report from TC this year and they can tell you that watching him in man coverage is just fun. He has a rare ability to stay in the hip pocket of the WR... Much better than anyone else on the team that I've seen.

CalMor

Reaction score
Roy Williams. The heart and soul of the defence. Anthony Henry should have made the list. The team felt it when he went down last year.

Jaxonsdaddd

Reaction score
At this time I would say TO and Newman...

ON a side note, I was watching a few of the games during R. WIlliams rookie season and he looked unreal during that season. He looked a little smaller then than he did last year. Maybe 10 lbs or so...

He hasnt looked as good since his rookie year and Im not quite sure why that would be. I cant put my finger on it..

Still a hell of a player though.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Vertigo_17 said:
TO. He's arguably the best WR in the game with the other being S. Smith.
why does everyone leave out r moss? i doubt steve smith or t.o. respectivly couldn't have done anything with collins and that line

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
kowboys 05 said:
2006-2007 stats predictions
J. Jones- 1500-1700 yrds 12 tds
D. Bledsoe-4000-4500 yrds 25-30 tds 5-10 ints
T.Owens 1400-1600 yrds 13-17 tds
T. Glenn 1200-1400 yrds 12-15 tds
R. Williams 80-100 tackles 5 ints
T.Newman 50-70 tackles 9-12 ints
A. Henry 40-60 tackles 6-8 ints
D. Ware 70-90 tackles 9-13.5 sacks
Not optimistic are you?

Terrell Owens is the best player on the team, based on what he's done over the last decade. I would only have some hesitation because of his age.

Of the players that were already on the team, I think Newman is hands down the best player. Few players in the NFL were as dominant at their position as he was last year. Hopefully, we can say the same about Ware after this year.

Hoods

Reaction score
GoCowboysGo said:
Maybe he should be a OLB:)

Why? He's an All-Pro safety. His ability to hit isn't a negative as far as being a safety goes. His coverage, for a strong safety, is fine aswell.