Who do you think is the Cowboys best player

bigdrulez3141

Reaction score
GoCowboysGo said:
I think there are some underappreciated players and over appreciated players for the Cowboys.

Best players:

TO
Bledsoe
Henry
Witten
Vanderjagt

Newman gets burned so often, and when Williams isn't making a big hit (like a line-backer) then he seems useless to me.

I must be missing something.

Did you watch at all this season??

Bcburns

Reaction score
It's hard for me to say it but... I have no doubt that Terrell Owens is the most talented player for the Cowboys. I see a reasonable gap between him and the likes of Newman & Roy.

In the future I think Ware will deserve to be in the conversation.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikmaniac said:
What I would love to read are some first person accounts of Terrence Newman. Obviously, he doesn't get the ball thrown his side much, thus I (as well as others watching on tv) don't get to see much of him.

So...how good is he?
I'd suggest doing a search on AdamJT and Newman and you might find some legit info.

He's broken folks down so hard on Newman. You're left w/no doubts as to his talent.:)

btcutter

Reaction score
aznhalf said:
Newman!!

TO vs Newman in practice will be fun to watch.

Our DBs are going to get better in a hurry by practicing against TO!!!!

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Tough call. Statistically Williams is easily the best SS in the NFL and Newman's stats stand up favorably to any other CB so it would have to be one of those two.

Owens is one of the best WRs, but arguments can be made that there are 3 or 4 better.

I'd have to go with Newman just over Williams.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
I watched nearly every game (moved to Germany with the Army).

Who was unable to make adjustments fast enough vs. Washington? Our secondary is weak without Henry. I'm not the first to call into question the ability of Williams and Newman. Neither are all-pro players. ESPN always plays the highlight reel hits, of wich Williams has plenty. Maybe he should be a OLB:)

I'm not hating, I love both players, I'm just saying that both may be a little overrated.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
GoCowboysGo said:
Newman gets burned so often....

I must be missing something.

you are missing something.

Newman got burned maybe once last year -- against the Skins by Cooley -- and that play was screwed up from the get go.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
bigdrulez3141 said:
I think it would be a close race between Terence Newman and TO but I think TO has a slight lead right now just because he has proved it for more years.
yup. :starspin

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
Tie last year---Roy Williams and Drew Bledsoe, but my runnerups my surprise you or not, again tie Teryy Glann and Flo. Without Flo we went south in a major hurry as we did the year before without Glenn, let's see TO this coming year and we'll vote then...

braw

Reaction score
When you take out hype , reputation, and have the players motivated my pick would be Flozell Adams.

The guy can dominate his position if he is motivated. He has never had a QB like Troy for 2 complete seasons.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
I would have to say in pure talent T.O as i think he's the best receiver in the NFL and that position is the most stacked with great talent which makes it even more impressive.

Eskimo

Reaction score
In my estimation:

All-Pro level players (top 10% in their positions in the league)
#1 Terrell Owens
#2 TNew
#3 Roy Williams

Pro-Bowl level players (top 25% in their positions)
#4 Jason Witten
#5 Terry Glenn

Good starterrs:
#6 DeMarcus Ware
#7 Drew Bledsoe
#8 Anthony Henry
#9 Julius Jones
#10 Flozell Adams

Just to show how much turnover there is these days (or lack of talent there was on the roster when BP inherited it) only Flo and RoyW were with the team when BP started in 2002 four years ago.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Eskimo said:
In my estimation:

All-Pro level players (top 10% in their positions in the league)
#1 Terrell Owens
#2 TNew
#3 Roy Williams

Pro-Bowl level players (top 25% in their positions)
#4 Jason Witten
#5 Terry Glenn

Good starterrs:
#6 DeMarcus Ware
#7 Drew Bledsoe
#8 Anthony Henry
#9 Julius Jones
#10 Flozell Adams

Just to show how much turnover there is these days (or lack of talent there was on the roster when BP inherited it) only Flo and RoyW were with the team when BP started in 2002 four years ago.
Wow great post!!

I think Witten can enter the All Pro level this season and Ware is headed there eventually.

brewers47

Reaction score
1. Newman
2. Owens
3. Witten
4. Ware
5. Bledsoe
6. Williams
7. Glenn
8. Vanderjagt
9. Flozell Adams
10. Greg Ellis

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
GoCowboysGo said:
I watched nearly every game (moved to Germany with the Army).

Who was unable to make adjustments fast enough vs. Washington? Our secondary is weak without Henry. I'm not the first to call into question the ability of Williams and Newman. Neither are all-pro players. ESPN always plays the highlight reel hits, of wich Williams has plenty. Maybe he should be a OLB:)

I'm not hating, I love both players, I'm just saying that both may be a little overrated.

Maybe you were thinking of Willaims and Glenn...Moss scored 2 TD's on them in 4 minutes....Newman was not in that coverage.