Who do you think Sean Payton will draft first?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

First priority is to fix the Oline and the run game. I would expect him to draft Olineman and RB's.

I would do the following:

1. Cut Zeke
2. Use the savings to resign Pollard and or Kareem Hunt
3. Draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round

1a. Use another first round pick on an Olineman. On the off chance that we have a top 5 pick and there is a stud DT there, take him!!!

ghst187

Reaction score
First priority is to fix the Oline and the run game. I would expect him to draft Olineman and RB's.

1. Cut Zeke

1a. Use another first round pick on an Olineman. On the off chance that we have a top 5 pick and there is a stud DT there, take him!!!

and draft CJ Stroud top of rd 1

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score

1. Cut Zeke

Eh, I thought the run game and o-line were among the least of our problems on offense.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Well, after Dallas ships the 2023 1st and 2nd round picks as part of the compensation to the Saints, the 3rd round pick will be a punter.

Yes, you read that right. A punter.

It's as likely as prying Payton away from NO.

Tommy

Reaction score
I think he will look at his record without Drew Brees and realize he needs an elite quarterback immediately.

Sydla

Reaction score
Well our first with him would be in the 3rd round since we probably are going to have to trade top picks to New Orleans to get him.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Here we go again with people thinking the Saints are going to be able to demand multiple high picks when they aren't actually paying him under the contract that reserves his rights.

They are NOT going to bring him back, and they will not be able to refuse him the right to work by demanding outrageous compensation for his rights. It's It's bad look and not done.

Please try to understand this folks.

If he wanted to jump teams immediately, different story. After this year, way different. After 2023, he is basically a free agent.

And no one has ANY idea what was worked out when that contract was signed. Wasn't as if he left on bad terms and they are going to refuse what the guys wants to do.

Adreme

Reaction score

1. Cut Zeke

So we already know Pollard is not an every down back so why use the 5m you save cutting Zeke to resign him when you are more likely to find a Pollard in the 4th or 5th round. Right now the team has holes at the WR position, holes on the OLine, need starting level players at every level of the defense, and with that being said using a day 1 or day 2 pick on a RB feels like a waste.