CZ POLL Who do you think will win the Cowboys-vs-49ers game and by how much?

Who do you think will win the Cowboys-vs-49ers game and by how much?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
CowboysZone Game Prediction Poll -- Game #5

Who do you think will win the game and by how much?

You can also post your specific score predictions as well as comments about the game in this thread.

Week 4 Poll: https://cowboyszone.com/threads/who...riots-vs-cowboys-game-and-by-how-much.514613/
Week 3 Poll: https://cowboyszone.com/threads/who...oys-vs-cardinals-game-and-by-how-much.514197/
Week 2 Poll: https://cowboyszone.com/threads/who...-jets-vs-cowboys-game-and-by-how-much.513797/
Week 1 Poll: https://cowboyszone.com/threads/who...owboys-vs-giants-game-and-by-how-much.513486/
Hope I am wrong, lol
But I don't see a Cowboys win.

Knotamus

Reaction score
I’m normally an optimist fan, but games like this make me nervous. I’m not confident our OL is healthy enough to challenge SF’s DL consistently..and that spells trouble for our Offense that has struggled to fire on all cylinders. Outside the hiccup called Arizona, the defense hasn’t skipped a beat even after losing a star in Diggs.

Although Purdy isn’t the next coming of Montana, The Niners still have bully WRs and a run game that will be hard to stop..which doesn’t bode well for us. Our defense is better playing with a lead, SF defense is a scrappy bunch regardless of the score.

This isn't going to be a fun game if you like big plays. I feel like the defense of both teams is going to have to make plays and that will determine the outcome of the game. Unfortunately, I believe their running game will exhaust our defense and we’ll lose by 10 if I’m being honest. Obviously I hope I’m wrong.. if our Defense can score like they have a few times already this year, then we have a chance.

If Dal Defense scores.. Dal 26-SF 23

If SF run game gets going.. SF 27- Dal 17

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is a tough one to cap. I think Dallas has a few too many key injuries against a strong team on the road. The line at -3.5 is right on the money, basically a pickem game on a neutral field with a slight edge for SF. A lot will have to go right and maybe even get a lucky bounce or two.

My heart says Dallas wins by three but my money says SF wins by 1-3…….I won’t bet on the game but for a bragging rights contest, SF wins by three or less :thumbdown:

Kwyn

Reaction score
As much as I hope I’m wrong, I don’t have a strong feeling about this game.

Niners are really good and it’s on the road.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I thought the 49ers would win two years ago, they did. I thought they'd win last year, they did. I have no reason to think otherwise now.

I just think they are a bad matchup for the Cowboys. There's only one way to change my thought process - prove me wrong, Cowboys.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but I think not being healthy is going to hurt the Cowboys.
SF 24-20
Our defense is the key. If we can control the run, we have a chance, but we have to control the run.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
I tend to try to stay away from predictions but for some reason when I don’t I can’t seem to go against the ‘Boys. 17-14 Cowboys.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Dallas 20
SF 16

The Dallas D holds its own vs the SF ground game, and gets to Purdy late and makes him appear mortal.

Dak with a guts n grit running TD that sacrifices his body and even makes his haters grudgingly tip the cap.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK normally on the only guy that picks the other team by more than 4 points, it's been working great almost every week, so knock it off.:thumbup:

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The fan in me really wants to take Dallas, and maybe if they hadn't dropped that stink bomb in Arizona I would. But they did. So I won't.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm thinking the 49ers will walk away with a 7-point win.

I know it's far from ideal but just being honest, here.

I expect our offense to finish a bit short, though.
Yes, I just can’t get myself to admit it. I don’t like the field. I think Parsons scores a touchdown. Came over.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I think Shanahan wears down this Dallas defense with runs and screens limiting Dallas time of possession. Dak struggles in RedZone and they kick too many FGs.
SF 24
Dallas 12

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Niners at home. Sunday night game. Dak gets nervous. Again.

SF 31
Dallas 16
I'll not agree about the Dak part, I think MM will dumb down the play calling to avoid Dak having to win the game with his arm and/or head.
And the score seems a bit lopsided, I'll go SF 27, Dallas 19. For Dallas, that's 1 td and 4 fgs, don't see any reason our red zone struggles won't continue.

Why SF to win? Nobody has even slowed McCaffery, his WORST yard per carry this year is 4.7. 6 rushing tds in 4 games, that's 1.5 per game for the math challenged here. Parsons is banged up. Meanwhile Watt has 6 sacks in 4 games.
We'll be without Tyron once again. Edoga is a JAG at best. Dallas has feasted on Mac Jones, Daniel Jones and Zack Wilson. And they lost to some journeyman qb.
Purdy has ZERO interceptions this year, he's an excellent runner. He's much better than any of the other 4.

I'm not saying I think Dallas can't win, they can. If the pass rush is great, any qb can be rattled. A fumble or int here or there, couple of 3rd or 4th and short stops on defense, Turpin breaking a return for a td, etc. can flip a game script quickly.

But like Rex Ryan said on Get Up this week, "If I'm a betting man..."

quickccc

Reaction score
Niners 26
Cowboys 17

- Concerns with our existing red zone issues
- Going up against 1 of 2 top NFC teams on their own playing field
- we have proved to solve the Niners matchup the last 2 playoff games,
- mysterious misuse of Cooks and Pollard has us limited
- existing questions about our current HC in major big game such as this one :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.