CZ POLL Who do you think will win the Cowboys-vs-Dolphins game and by how much?

Who do you think will win the Cowboys-vs-Dolphins game and by how much?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

catiii

Reaction score
The Cowboys don't "need" this win. The Dolphins will clinch a playoff berth if they win. This could affect the outcome. Depends on who wants/needs it most. The fins will be ready unlike us last week. :oops:

Shane612

Reaction score
The Cowboys don't "need" this win. The Dolphins will clinch a playoff berth if they win. This could affect the outcome. Depends on who wants/needs it most. The fins will be ready unlike us last week. :oops:
True.
But you want to go into the playoffs sprinting, not limping. At least that's what Tom Landry believed.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
True.
But you want to go into the playoffs sprinting, not limping. At least that's what Tom Landry believed.
Tom was right. However, wanting and being able to do are two different things.

At this point, with Dallas owning a playoff spot, I would not be too upset (not saying I want to, but if it happens) if Dallas goes like 1-2 in these last 3 games.
Why?
Realistically the Eagles won't lose another one, the teams they face are both weak and playing for draft spots. So Dallas can fight, scratch and claw for wins, get players injured and worn out and be in no better playoff position than if they lose all 1 or 2 of the remaining games. Even if the Iggles lose one, can we really expect to go 3-0 in these last games? Possible, yes, but not likely.

Dallas can end up no worse than 10-7. The Rams and Seahawks can at best go 10-7, but Dallas beat both of them head-to-head, so those 2 teams can't beat Dallas via tiebreakers. That leaves the Vikings and Bucs. Vikings have to play the Lions, who can possibly get the top seed, they're tied with the Iggles. So the Lions have reason to play all the last 3 to win. They get to play the Vikings twice, beating them at least once is very likely, so that puts the Vikings with 8 losses, meaning they lose the tiebreaker to Dallas.

That leaves the Bucs. Again likely they win their division (Saints can do so, and have a good shot at it), but if they falter, then they have 8 losses, and again Dallas has the tiebreaker.

What I'm saying is that the far more likely scenario is that Dallas ends up the no. 5 seed and goes to play the NFC south champion. Wouldn't be the worst thing to get players healthy and go to Tampa or NO at full strength. Neither Tampa or NO have great quarterbacks, both their starters have lots of warts and a history or failing in the playoffs.

Now I'm not advocating trying to lose, I already said I agree with Landry. Just that IF Dallas wants to focus on the playoffs rather than getting the division title or home field, won't be the end of the world....

quickccc

Reaction score

Fins 27

Cowboys 20
:(

We need to prove we can win on the road vs teams that are not weak sistas. .. just about every road loss
was opposing teams gutting us out vs run ....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Fins 27

Cowboys 20
:(

We need to prove we can win on the road vs teams that are not weak sistas. .. just about every road loss
was opposing teams gutting us out vs run ....
Agreed. While I am certainly pulling for a Dallas win, the question was who do I think will win, not who I'm wanting to win.

Going back to the last couple of 49ers games, and the games this year on the road against winning teams, Dallas has not shown they can win these types of games. History's a cruel thing sometimes....

RodeoJake

Reaction score
This is a huge game for the Cowboys. They need momentum in the battle for the division. If they don't win the division, they need to be confident they can win on the road against a quality opponent.

All this applies to the Fins as well. Expect a barn burner with several lead changes. As for who wins, wait for Risen to pick, and go the other way. His streak has to end sometime.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Honestly, a road game against a playoff team not being over at halftime would be an improvement.

woobycat

Reaction score
awww woobycat--- i do get it....but i still believe in miracle and i am 65 yrs old...so total HOMER who got his teeth cut on Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman...

i know our cowboys pulling out a big "V" in Miami...all i will say
I hope so GORICO, I really hope so.
Merry Christmas

Reaction score
Dak---melting down has not be as much an issue this year...or maybe i have rose colored glasses?...i know i am a HOMER...i wont give up believing in miracles
I do think there's improvement in areas of Dak's game but there's a point where a stiff well rounded defense rattles him and everything falls apart. The regular season doesn't offer many quality opponents so we get fooled into thinking things are better than they are, but the track record speaks for itself,,, years and years of this same thing happening. There was a time when we had a better OL and running game to lean on but now it's all Dak and his arm, too much pressure on him and his abilities.

quickccc

Reaction score
Agreed. While I am certainly pulling for a Dallas win, the question was who do I think will win, not who I'm wanting to win.

Going back to the last couple of 49ers games, and the games this year on the road against winning teams, Dallas has not shown they can win these types of games. History's a cruel thing sometimes....
+1

Ditto here

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly, I hate this matchup worse than last weeks. Hopefully they'll be coming off A big win against the Jets and we're coming off An agonizing loss and we'll show up p***** and ready to play for a change.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Cows: 24
Dols: 31

I don't like how Dallas got run over by Bills' running game.
And I don't like Dols receivers and Cows secondary matchup, especially if Tyreek Hill is back in the lineup.
No worries, tho.
The playoff is coming fast.
Buffalo had to hang on yesterday and with a 2 point win!

Shane612

Reaction score
Buffalo had to hang on yesterday and with a 2 point win!
Win is a win. And it's even more difficult to win on the road. So, hats off to the Bills.
It just depends which cowboys defense shows up. I just don't think they match up well against Dolphins offense.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Win is a win. And it's even more difficult to win on the road. So, hats off to the Bills.
It just depends which cowboys defense shows up. I just don't think they match up well against Dolphins offense.
The principal was dominance changes from game to game...

I don't care anyone's view on expectation. Today, I don't think Prescott loses to Tua Tagovailoa.

Status
Not open for further replies.