Who else is numb and really doesn't even care after the last two weeks?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
The last two weeks?

For me personally I had to just walk away from all the media and anticipation for upcoming games.
There is no way I could ever have seen winning the first three games in the fashion we did and then
laying a turd in the bed two weeks in a row in the fashion we did. It defies logic quite honestly
and at this point I’m just numb and unattached comparatively to how I was after going 3-0.

The ups and downs are too much take with this team. Just when you think they have one side of the ball figured out something happens on the other side that leaves you scratching your head. It wouldn't be so bad if it hasn't been 20 plus years of horrible luck, but now it's bordering on insanity.

I'm just wondering who else has gone a bit numb? It's kind of like self protection/preservation is kicking in.. Thanks Jerrah..
I’m damn near quit reading your post. I got full of myself thinking I was doing myself a favor from something regurgitated from past posts, what we here and all say, day in and day out.

But I pushed through. You laid out what I feel. It is indeed a damn roller coaster ride. Especially after destroying our 1st three opponents before losing to 2 upper echelon teams we could have beat had we been been better prepared. Now everyone is freaking out. Me included to a point. I’m not giving up. Not in my nature this early into the season.

Bottom line, you did nail what many of us feel, and at the same time, the Cowboys will never be a perfect team. Yet SOME consistency, or at least more competitive play needs to happen.

One game we’re great, the next game one side of the ball, or sometimes both lets us down.

Considering that this is the best team we have fielded since the 90’s, as some claim, we need to see it, or big changes up top (HC and assistants) need to take place!

We have a talented roster. But we need some health, some luck, some execution, and some accountability!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think I got suckered into to thinking because this was Garrett's "POSSIBLE" last season to coach this team we might actually have a chance with some new coaching philosophies breathing life into the team. The issue I see is even with Moore doing a better job with adjustments on the offensive side of the ball it's not enough to overcome the overall dysfunction internally.
Garrett is a symptom of the problems in Dallas. The real problem is sitting in the owners box with Johnny Walker Blue. He’s the naked Emperor and he’s surrounded by people telling him clothes look great.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The last two weeks?

For me personally I had to just walk away from all the media and anticipation for upcoming games.
There is no way I could ever have seen winning the first three games in the fashion we did and then
laying a turd in the bed two weeks in a row in the fashion we did. It defies logic quite honestly
and at this point I;m just numb and unattached comparatively to how I was after going 3-0.

The ups and downs are too much take with this team. Just when you think they have one side of the ball figured out something happens on the other side that leaves you scratching your head. It wouldn't be so bad if it hasn't been 20 plus years of horrible luck, but now it's bordering on insanity.

I'm just wondering who else has gone a bit numb? It's kind of like self protection/preservation is kicking in.. Thanks Jerrah..
I care, but the scotch has me a little numb

75boyz

Reaction score
Garrett is a symptom of the problems in Dallas. The real problem is sitting in the owners box with Johnny Walker Blue. He’s the naked Emperor and he’s surrounded by people telling him clothes look great.

Just truly seems like everything Cowboys related keeps returning to Einstein’s often over used description of insanity in that Insanity is continuing to do the same things over and over and expecting different results

Ditto the GroundHog Day Movie analogy

Nothing ever seems to change

And for those who feel the need to explain all the supposed “wholesale changes” that have been made, I am referring to end of season results only and the one common denominator

Last edited:

MikeB80

Reaction score
Don't care that much anymore. I watch the games and then pay attention to football on monday. The rest of the week its just not of any importance.

Jason Garrett took the Belichick approach which I don't have a problem with since this organization loves a circus but having said that it makes the daily news cycle, PC's etc pointless. I stopped a while ago listening to sports radio and the shows on dc.com

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah.. It looked like it had the makings of a fun season but now reality has set in and we're just going to get some more Garrett football.

Next up will be them stringing some wins together and get wind back in their sails.

It wouldn't surprise me if we have a big win against the Pats or something later on in the year and get all of our hopes up.

Then we'll get to the post season and just get completely outcoached and watch as our defense gets ran all over or thrown all over without any way to stop it and we get eliminated from the post season and start this Garrett process over again.

It's boring.

aria

Reaction score
The last two weeks?

and at this point I;m just numb and unattached comparatively to how I was after going 3-0.

If you kept things in perspective you would be perfectly fine. Some of is tried to warn people not to get too caught up in the hype after beating the teams we did. Personally, I found it more off putting to come on here and see multiple threads of how Kellen Moore was a genius, our offense was unstoppable, don’t even get me started on Zeke, Dak was the leagues next MVP, etc.

I get enjoying the win but does anyone stop and think of who we played? Getting giddy over beating Miami when we struggled against them in the first half while Baltimore hung 42 on them in the first half alone the week or two before? We have played 3 teams with a combined record of 2-12, this week will make 3 teams we’ve played with zero wins. Sorry, I was happy about the wins but numb because I expected to wins those by very large margins.

Moving forwards...I thought we had a decent chance at beating the Saints with TB but he’s also undefeated against good teams so there’s that. Losing by two points due to self inflicted and uncharacteristic mistakes was not a bad loss. It showed me we can hang with anyone, we just need to minimize the mistakes. Zeke fumbling I get, he was one short of leading the league last year, but that was like Wittens 8th fumble of all time if I heard it correctly. That game was very winnable.

Green Bay...ugly first half but some freak plays. The bounce of Coopers hands turned into points for GB if I remember correctly and it would have been a TD for us, he was that open. Once we got behind by 14 we abandoned the game plan, running the ball, a little too early IMO but we showed in the second half how lethal we can be. The run defense is a bit concerning but I’m not ready to throw in the towel on that yet. New Orleans was ranked 20th against the run and shut Zeke down, does that mean our running game will suck against any run defense ranked higher than 20? No.

There were some good and bad coaching errors but a lot of the blame should have gone to the players. Most people had us losing to the Saints and a toss up against Green Bay if not an outright loss. This wasn’t unexpected, slightly disappointing but not a shocker.

On to the Jets...snoozers. I just hope people don't go back to over reacting after we whoop them, which we will. I can already see the title of the threads now “Zeke starting to pick up the pace” “defense came out pissed off” “Dak looked much better” “we had a much better game plan” “Dlaw finally earning his money”. The Jets suck, as much as people like to try and hype them up because they have Darnold back, they’re still missing some of their best players and their O line is the worst in the league.

Keep things in perspective and you won’t have this bi polar type football mood swings. GL, I know it’s not easy, I’ve been there before. Remember we started last year 3-5.

Ooooooor...stop creating threads like these and stop coming to the Zone after a loss because it’s depressing as hell, complete over reaction and lots of tears and whining.

Praxit

Reaction score
...know the feeling. Patterns for the most part dont lie, based on general stats and standards. Garrett is avg coach with winning potential that's it. A championship coach is not part of his mental genre.
If we get lucky and somehow make the playoffs will be done 1st round, as usual. Again the pattern is the basis.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
The last two weeks?

:hammer:
I stopped watching the GB game at half time. Too mad at this team and that wasn’t entertainment. Some things just never change.

75boyz

Reaction score
If you kept things in perspective you would be perfectly fine. Some of is tried to warn people not to get too caught up in the hype after beating the teams we did. Personally, I found it more off putting to come on here and see multiple threads of how Kellen Moore was a genius, our offense was unstoppable, don’t even get me started on Zeke, Dak was the leagues next MVP, etc.

I get enjoying the win but does anyone stop and think of who we played? Getting giddy over beating Miami when we struggled against them in the first half while Baltimore hung 42 on them in the first half alone the week or two before? We have played 3 teams with a combined record of 2-12, this week will make 3 teams we’ve played with zero wins. Sorry, I was happy about the wins but numb because I expected to wins those by very large margins.

Moving forwards...I thought we had a decent chance at beating the Saints with TB but he’s also undefeated against good teams so there’s that. Losing by two points due to self inflicted and uncharacteristic mistakes was not a bad loss. It showed me we can hang with anyone, we just need to minimize the mistakes. Zeke fumbling I get, he was one short of leading the league last year, but that was like Wittens 8th fumble of all time if I heard it correctly. That game was very winnable.

Green Bay...ugly first half but some freak plays. The bounce of Coopers hands turned into points for GB if I remember correctly and it would have been a TD for us, he was that open. Once we got behind by 14 we abandoned the game plan, running the ball, a little too early IMO but we showed in the second half how lethal we can be. The run defense is a bit concerning but I’m not ready to throw in the towel on that yet. New Orleans was ranked 20th against the run and shut Zeke down, does that mean our running game will suck against any run defense ranked higher than 20? No.

There were some good and bad coaching errors but a lot of the blame should have gone to the players. Most people had us losing to the Saints and a toss up against Green Bay if not an outright loss. This wasn’t unexpected, slightly disappointing but not a shocker.

On to the Jets...snoozers. I just hope people don't go back to over reacting after we whoop them, which we will. I can already see the title of the threads now “Zeke starting to pick up the pace” “defense came out pissed off” “Dak looked much better” “we had a much better game plan” “Dlaw finally earning his money”. The Jets suck, as much as people like to try and hype them up because they have Darnold back, they’re still missing some of their best players and their O line is the worst in the league.

Keep things in perspective and you won’t have this bi polar type football mood swings. GL, I know it’s not easy, I’ve been there before. Remember we started last year 3-5.

Ooooooor...stop creating threads like these and stop coming to the Zone after a loss because it’s depressing as hell, complete over reaction and lots of tears and whining.

My perspective for now and end of year team results:

Same owner
Same coach

Same old Cowboys

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
The last two weeks?

i divested emotionally years ago. all the kneeling stuff was a nail in the coffin for me.

still love my cowboys. but all the side hype, bluster and armchair quarterbacking i just have no more use for. i'm happy when we win, kinda apathetic when we lose. whether it's the NFL as a whole or just the current product, dunno.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Why would someone be upset over something they have zero control over.JJ getting his money, players getting paid, talking heads and the NFL getting revenues.
The only ones getting the short end of the stick are the fans.