Who else is still riding the high of Jason Garret being gone?

johneric8

Reaction score
7-9, 4-7-1 (before being fired) and then 6-10 n His last 3 seasons as a HC...

Just to add a little context and show the trend ain't necessarily upwards.

But hey, winning championships ain't the thing in Arlington anyways, lol.

Go Big Mike!!
So by your logic Drew Brees sucked when he had all those losing seasons with the Saints? How about Bill Bilichik and his losing seasons? He also got fired by the Browns, but hey keep on cherry picking to support your emotional nut rolls.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I didn't really want to start a thread on this topic, but I'm seriously wondering if anyone else is still feeling incredibly happy now that Garrett is someone else's problem?

It was obvious to most of us pretty early on that he didn't have the skills to get team over the hump so it was definitely one of the most difficult things I've had to endure as a fan watching him stick around year after year.

I know many of you are ready to give up on Big Mike already, but at least he has won a super bowl, and in my opinion, has a winning pedigree and understands how to put together a team. We need to keep an open mind with Big Mike at this point, last year can't be the barometer in my opinion.

I also want to apologize to my forum members who will cringe when they see another Jason garret thread! Bottom line, I'm still like a kid in a candy store knowing he's gone.

I was going to start a thread like this. Its completely obvious that we have a REAL HC in charge of the football operations. The last two drafts have been really good, there is a definitely plan and focus to what they do. And training camp and the offseason this year is looking a lot different then when Garrett was around. Guys overall seem to be in incredible shape and taking their careers seriously.

A REAL football guy is in charge, not some fake fanny patting smiley clapping idiot. :yourock:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Well, the Cowboys have been cursed the two times played against Garrett. Dak broke a leg and tore ligaments in the first meeting. Cowboys lost the second meeting.

On second thought, Garrett did win a meaningless game since everyone knew the Eagles would flop.

75boyz

Reaction score
So by your logic Drew Brees sucked when he had all those losing seasons with the Saints? How about Bill Bilichik and his losing seasons? He also got fired by the Browns, but hey keep on cherry picking to support your emotional nut rolls.

I mean I guess. You posted an overall record supporting your opinion that he has an overall good won/loss record.

I posted his actual last 44 games as a head coach in which he is 17-26-1.

Not cherry picked, It his last 44 games as a coach.

You did the overall thing.

You're gonna compare Hoodie's 25 years ago Browns situation with this fraud?

I mean dude, come on...

Everybody's got their opinion though, no worries

Uh, go Cowboys

johneric8

Reaction score
I was going to start a thread like this. Its completely obvious that we have a REAL HC in charge of the football operations. The last two drafts have been really good, there is a definitely plan and focus to what they do. And training camp and the offseason this year is looking a lot different then when Garrett was around. Guys overall seem to be in incredible shape and taking their careers seriously.

A REAL football guy is in charge, not some fake fanny patting smiley clapping idiot. :yourock:
Kudos for you for giving credit where credit is due! It really frustrates me that some of our supposed key contributes here on this forum are so quick to label Big Mike a bust. Whether they like it or not, he has some major skins on the wall and has accomplished more than most. I do agree with you though, there really does seem to be a clear cut plan to improve this team and I believe that things are coming together and we will soon be contenders. It's going to be funny to listen to the detractors come up for excuses why they're doing so well with such a horrible head coach and QB...:muttley:

johneric8

Reaction score
I mean I guess. You posted an overall record supporting your opinion that he has an overall good won/loss record.

I mean dude, come on...

Uh, go Cowboys

Bottom line, you're saying he sucks because of the last few years and already ready to declare him as a bust. There is not a coach that doesn't eventually wear out his welcome and need a change. If you can't see that Big Mike is a very good head coach I can't help you. As much as some of you harp on some of the bad decisions he made last year I actually thought he did a great job considering the circumstances with injuries and covid. The only real blunder that I can point to is hiring Mike Nolan, to me this wasn't a great choice on any level, but all coaches make mistakes.. Pete Carroll is a prime example of a very good coach who has made some bad decisions! Carroll was 1 yard away from winning a super bowl and didn't hand the ball to marshawn.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I didn't really want to start a thread on this topic, but I'm seriously wondering if anyone else is still feeling incredibly happy now that Garrett is someone else's problem?

It was obvious to most of us pretty early on that he didn't have the skills to get team over the hump so it was definitely one of the most difficult things I've had to endure as a fan watching him stick around year after year.

I know many of you are ready to give up on Big Mike already, but at least he has won a super bowl, and in my opinion, has a winning pedigree and understands how to put together a team. We need to keep an open mind with Big Mike at this point, last year can't be the barometer in my opinion.

I also want to apologize to my forum members who will cringe when they see another Jason garret thread! Bottom line, I'm still like a kid in a candy store knowing he's gone.

I'd be happier if we had a better coach. Sorry to be negative, but during the offseason I watched the 2020 season again and more often than not our coach was "out coached" by the coach on the other sideline. How many fake punts did we run that failed miserably? How many were run against us that caught us with our pants down? How many poor game plans?

Don't get me wrong, I would take McCarthy over Garrett. But I'd rather we had someone else.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I mean dude, come on...

Uh, go Cowboys

Andy Reid was terrible his last 3 seasons with the eagles which is why he was fired. Didn’t seem to hurt his chances with the Chiefs did it? :muttley:

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
this-guy-3-300x172.gif

johneric8

Reaction score
I'd be happier if we had a better coach. Sorry to be negative, but during the offseason I watched the 2020 season again and more often than not our coach was "out coached" by the coach on the other sideline. How many fake punts did we run that failed miserably? How many were run against us that caught us with our pants down? How many poor game plans?

Don't get me wrong, I would take McCarthy over Garrett. But I'd rather we had someone else.
So, you're not willing to take into account that last year was historic in terms of taking away a coaches ability to be prepared? Sure Big Mike made some bad decisions but all coaches do that! I also watched most of the games again and I saw a much more prepared team overall in terms of our rotations and depth. I see things totally different, I thought Big Mike did a very good job considering the circumstances. New coaches take their lumps, but he looks like a man with a plan to me..

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

I was feeling good until we went 6 and 10.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
I wonder if he or MM would be favored by the oddsmakers to be next one to get a championship ring?

Big_D

Reaction score
A complete waste of 13 years! Still elated that he’s finally gone! It’s just nice not to see his press conferences while he talks about watching film and the process! Plus the incessant clapping! What’s done is done, but still 13 years too long!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I certainly lost confidence in Jason Garrett and wanted to get rid of him in 2016. I knew the risk was that we could get worse, but you’ll never find better unless you try. That said, we sucked last year so it’s not like we are in any better position so far.

bewp7

Reaction score
no because the one who hire him and let him coach for 10 year is still here and in charge

it isnt garrett fault he isnt a good coach i dont blame him

Big_D

Reaction score
Yes 2020 sucked but there was no offseason, countless injuries and a new coach. Not exactly the recipe for success!

blueblood70

Reaction score

not saying i wish we hadn't made the move and winder with covid and no offseason would it had been better season then 6-10 with Garett and Marinelli standing pat with schemes..hmm
hard at 6-10 Misérable last yr not sure how you can be excited??