Who else is still riding the high of Jason Garret being gone?

Big_D

Reaction score
The bottomline is one award is football related regardless how meaningless you view it.

The bottom line is they are both football related yet one means absolutely nothing to you, the other you hold up as some shining example of Garrett’s coaching prowess.

You might want to read up on Jerry’s executive of the year. Completely based on the managerial decisions that made the season a success! Passing on Manziel earned him a plaque.

But thankfully Jason’s brilliance was able to overcome the addition of Zach Martin and bring home his own ridiculous trophy! 13 years here. And his big moment is coach of the year because he miraculously didn’t suck like the year before!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The bottom line is they are both football related yet one means absolutely nothing to you, the other you hold up as some shining example of Garrett’s coaching prowess.

You might want to read up on Jerry’s executive of the year. Completely based on the managerial decisions that made the season a success! Passing on Manziel earned him a plaque.

But thankfully Jason’s brilliance was able to overcome the addition of Zach Martin and bring home his own ridiculous trophy! 13 years here. And his big moment is coach of the year because he miraculously didn’t suck like the year before!
As this story says” we aren’t sure Jerry deserves this award but someone in their front office does”. Lol

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-gm-jerry-jones-named-nfl-executive-of-the-year-by-pfwa/

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s always someone else. lol still got himself a crap trophy. Probably looks great on the yacht!
Unfortunately there are too many sympthathizers for our dysfunctional ownership which is why we’ve had the “ puppet” era in coaching .

Reaction score
I didn't really want to start a thread on this topic, but I'm seriously wondering if anyone else is still feeling incredibly happy now that Garrett is someone else's problem?

It was obvious to most of us pretty early on that he didn't have the skills to get team over the hump so it was definitely one of the most difficult things I've had to endure as a fan watching him stick around year after year.

I know many of you are ready to give up on Big Mike already, but at least he has won a super bowl, and in my opinion, has a winning pedigree and understands how to put together a team. We need to keep an open mind with Big Mike at this point, last year can't be the barometer in my opinion.

I also want to apologize to my forum members who will cringe when they see another Jason garret thread! Bottom line, I'm still like a kid in a candy store knowing he's gone.
Count me among those who are happy he's gone. He should have been canned 4 years earlier

I also wanted Urban Meyer or Lincoln Riley as a replacement. I have taken a wait and see attitude on MM. Between Covid and all the injuries last year, it would have been tough on any coach. We will see what happens this year

johneric8

Reaction score
Count me among those who are happy he's gone. He should have been canned 4 years earlier

I also wanted Urban Meyer or Lincoln Riley as a replacement. I have taken a wait and see attitude on MM. Between Covid and all the injuries last year, it would have been tough on any coach. We will see what happens this year
I appreciate your post more than you will ever know because it shows common sense, and you and I both know that this doesn't exist around these parts most of the time!
You absolutely nailed it though, as much as the trolls want to bag on Big Mike and once again look to only the negative, they've set themselves up for ridicule once the guy gets our team to a higher level. You see, I have no doubt Big Mike will get our team to a higher level because he is a no BS coach who knows how to put together a winning program. Any trolls that say that Big Mike lost the team so therefor sucks is living drunk. All coaches eventually wear out their welcome and even grow stale, but that doesn't mean they aren't good or great coaches.

Another thing we agree on is wanting Urban Meyer! I was firmly on that train and I was a bit let down Jerry didn't try. It's going to be a fun year seeing how the Jag's do with Urban and Trevor Lawrence.

mrmojo

Reaction score

And proceeds to suck the following year....go figure...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

"Son, I hope you're happy," Jerry said. "But let me tell you something: You don't get to own the Cowboys, you don't get to do special things in life, by making major decisions going right down the middle. And that" -- taking an offensive lineman over Johnny Football -- "was right down the middle."

The only reason Jerry passed on Manziel is because no one else in the room wanted him. He couldn't get one person to agree with him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
"Son, I hope you're happy," Jerry said. "But let me tell you something: You don't get to own the Cowboys, you don't get to do special things in life, by making major decisions going right down the middle. And that" -- taking an offensive lineman over Johnny Football -- "was right down the middle."

The only reason Jerry passed on Manziel is because no one else in the room wanted him. He couldn't get one person to agree with him.
Truth is Jethro never intended to take Manziel. He said the morning of the draft he had no intention of drafting Romo’s heir apparent until Romo was done.

He was just playing to the media in case Manziel was a hit cause he didn’t want everyone to think he didn’t see it coming and possibly passing on next great QB.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I didn't really want to start a thread on this topic, but I'm seriously wondering if anyone else is still feeling incredibly happy now that Garrett is someone else's problem?

It was obvious to most of us pretty early on that he didn't have the skills to get team over the hump so it was definitely one of the most difficult things I've had to endure as a fan watching him stick around year after year.

I know many of you are ready to give up on Big Mike already, but at least he has won a super bowl, and in my opinion, has a winning pedigree and understands how to put together a team. We need to keep an open mind with Big Mike at this point, last year can't be the barometer in my opinion.

I also want to apologize to my forum members who will cringe when they see another Jason garret thread! Bottom line, I'm still like a kid in a candy store knowing he's gone.

I liked JG. I think he brought sense and decissions based on facts and not bla bla to this franchise.

He never was a at least medicore playcaller. But he was a very good manager of this team.

After 10 years even i was convinced that his approach wasnt the right one. But i dont think that is his fault. The main reason is the FO.

Now look what we got. And dont misunderstand me. I dont think we could have gotten anything better. This franchise wont attract any kind of coach that has an interesst in winning. This franchise is all about earning money. An we got the right HC for that.