Who ever said the refs would take it from us was absolutely right (Gifs & Audio/Post 83)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Glad we got our excuse so we didn't have to see the Cowboys come up short on their 94 yard game winning drive, in a game where they hadn't scored a TD.

There were still over 50 yards to go when that flag was thrown but no matter - THAT'S WHY WE LOST!

The blocked punt? The gutless decisions? Nah, none of that stuff mattered. It was those darn, dirty refs again. :rolleyes:

We gotta make plays but the refs did put us in position to mess up as well.

The blocked punt? We shouldn't have been punting but some idiot said Tyron Smith tripped a guy.

These games are close and bad calls decide them. Yesterday those calls lead to 10 points for the PAtriots so don't sit on here and act like that didn't factor into a close game.

I'm all for saying the team needs to play better and coaches are terrible. I'll grant you all those things but we shouldn't have to overcome officiating as well as the World Champions in their house.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
When you play conservative games the refs can come in and wreck shhhh.

Agree but the weather basically forced us into a conservative game.

The Patriots were just as conservative.

Referees decided the game. 10 points off of bad calls that were equivalent to turnovers.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
kCP1G8M.gif

4KR7kPy.gif

:facepalm:

Anyone who thinks either of these are tripping penalties is football illiterate.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
It is tripping. Doesn't have to be a slide tackle. You lift your leg sideways...........somebody trips over it or stumbles down. Its tripping.
Wow. I always thought you were better than this. Smh.

On Tyron's "tripping" the defender crashes into his leg. Maybe he was trying to hit him below the knee and hurt him? But to look at that and say it is tripping is completely disengenuous.

Frederick's is the closest one to be called tripping and even that is laughable.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It blows my mind there are people on here who want to act like the refs weren't a huge factor.

Yep.. I'm all for bashing the gameplan and the way we played as a reason for the terrible outcome. 3rd and 1 and we're throwing it in that situation? There were multiple situations we screwed up.

But the Refs were the #1 deciding factor in that close game.

Reactions: CWR

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Do y’all watch every play? Seriously! Yes the tripping were bad calls but while posting here Gametime I mentioned multiple screens where we got away with blatant holds. Also lucky multiple PIs weren’t called. People cry about refs every game when they are just bad all around. We might have had less points if the big play screens were called back. The first one we had a guy grabbed on to their D lineman’s shoulder pad as he ran through

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Seems the Pats are given games by the refs more than any other team in the league. It just happened again.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe. Maybe we fumble on the next play.

Has has been said, don't we (any team) deserve the opportunity...to score OR fumble? For ourselves. Fairly?

I was in the kitchen at the time of one of the "tripping" plays. I could hear the call. I thought "tripping? that's not like our O-line."....Then I saw the replay...***? "Tripping"?....they're kidding us right? I expected to see the leg sweep...the dude RAN into his leg. Ridiculous.

It's true, we didn't play well...but teams do win in spite of that. But having to fight weird and critical calls by the refs too? Ridiculous.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
This atlantawhatever knows nothing about football. My 3 year old son knows more about football then him. Pretty comical really.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man-up folk's our 24-year misery train ain't due to the refs ......either was yesterday's new poor showing....

aria

Reaction score
There’s no doubt the lousy officiating changes the games but to act like we’re always the victim and to use it as an excuse is for weak minded people. We’ve had several calls go our way there aren’t several threads about how the officiating won us games, why is that?

Stop the excuse making, we lost and we’re still in the lead of the division, time to move on.

CWR

Reaction score
There’s no doubt the lousy officiating changes the games but to act like we’re always the victim and to use it as an excuse is for weak minded people. We’ve had several calls go our way there aren’t several threads about how the officiating won us games, why is that?

Stop the excuse making, we lost and we’re still in the lead of the division, time to move on.

Which calls won us games this year?

king987

Reaction score
When the first penalty was called, there was that moment that I thought it was a new rule or maybe the referee meant chop blocking. As pointed out by others, tripping penalties are called so rare it was a real head scratcher.

Of course, the second tripping penalty sent me bouncing off the walls. :mad:

It was a flat out joke, and I buy into the theory that Belichick might have told the referees to look out for something, and those zebras were dumb enough to buy into it. Heck, it just happened last year with LP's snap against the Commanders, so it wouldn't be that much of a shock.

Just flat out terrible calls. There were no fouls on the either play. If that's the case, then tripping needs to be called more. That was just a bunch of big dudes going to battle and getting tangled. Now I'm going to keep an eye in the oncoming weeks to see how often that really happens.