Who has been Dallas’ best rb the last 25 years?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
When the organization finally got the OL in order in 2013 with Travis Frederick at C, Leary at LG and Brian Waters for about half the season at RG, and the team began to somewhat commit to the run with Murray. Then obviously Martin took over in 2014 at RG and the rest is history. I'll take Murray's 2 seasons(13-14) over any other 2 year span since 1997.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Julius Jones
Marion Barber
Tashard Choice
Felix Jones
DeMarco Murray
Joseph Randle
Darren McFadden
Ezekiel Elliott
Tony Pollard

These are the primary ones I can remember from memory so apologies if I forgot one you like

I’m going with Murray

yep, Murray

But me pet has been Julius Jones, whose mother I believe was a miner (!) in a Virginia coal mine while raising 7 kids! Wha a great story!

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Zeke is clearly the best back the Cowboys have had since Emmitt. He’s had the most yards and TDs. He’s had three seasons of over 1300 rushing yards. Those who are picking DeMarco Murray are wrong. He had only one big season with the Cowboys.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Of course # 22 is not part of this conversation . He’s in a league of his own .

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Respectfully, I'm just glad I don't have to pick only one as there have been some very good backs here. Zeke is probably the best overall with his blocking skills / willingness to block; and teamed with Pollard is the best combo in a long time.

RonWashington

Reaction score
If Pollard has some decent early games he will pass Hambrick for career yards ….I wonder if the the game will stop and he will be given the ball take a bow :flagwave:

tcain2004

Reaction score
Murray.

His commitment to his conditioning was Herschel Walker-esque and made for a very consistent battering ram game in and game out. He'd wear down the 2nd level of a defense so much that by the 4th qtr they didn't want to tackle him head on anymore. As much as Zeke was touted as having great hands, Murray didn't drop balls at all like Zeke did. He could block like a SOB, too.

will never forget when he knocked that eagles player on his behind. although didn't he fumble in the 2014 packers playoff game.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Wait. What?

No mention of Hambrick?

I'll raise my hand.

I was for Hambrick. Simply because Emmitt had gotten so bad. He was a shell of his former self. It was my worst moments as a fan, watching Emmitt play for the record when he should have just hung them up.

tcain2004

Reaction score
Even when people are down on Zeke, he's usually playing well. He gets a pass from me for last year, because that line was atrocious at the end of the year, especially playoffs, and he was playing through an injury.

I think they give him the ball too much. But I figure this will be the year Pollard actually does get more carries.

Hard to have a conversation about Randle. He played for like 6 games. I never got to analyze how good he would have been as a run blocker. But for his short period of games, he had some really good runs.

Joe randle left some meat on the bones