Who Has Never Been To A Cowboys Game?

JBS

Reaction score
Pretty simple topic here - title should explain it all..Just wanted to know which one of you guys have never been to a cowboys game.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will hopefully be going to my third Cowboys game on Dec. 9 in Detroit.

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
i haven't
right now just a broke college student so it could be a while
i would really like to make it to the opening game at the new stadium, that would be awsome

JBS

Reaction score
koolaid;1749898 said:
i haven't
i would really like to make it to the opening game at the new stadium, that would be awsome

where do you go to school koolaid?

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
I've just been to one. Dallas @ Arizona in 2002. Campo's last year, Carter threw 4 interceptions and was benched the next game.

Never been to Texas Stadium. I'd like to go before it's closed.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
:cry3:

I've never been to one... it's sad too, because I'm the biggest Cowboys fan I know..

Missed out on the Charger/Cowboys game a few years ago, and haven't had the $$ to make a trip to Texas...

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
i'm a poor graduate student. i have unfortunately never been to a cowboy's game. nor a football game (except in high school). I wanted to go to some Vandy games this year, but Saturdays this semester have been really bad for me.

the only sports I have seen in real life is hockey. so, hopefully when I become a professional, I will have the $$ to go to games.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
my trip down memory lane:

1989 in Atlanta...saw Aikman's first TD, long one to Irvin...Herschel fumbled two or three times that game...a couple weeks later the greatest trade in sports history happened...we lost the game

1990 in Atlanta...the infamous Babe Laufenberg start...all we had to do was beat an awful Atlanta team and we'd be in the playoffs...Laufenberg played one of he worst games I have ever seen and we lost

1991 vs Atlanta again, this time in Dallas...we beat Atlanta in an exciting game, and everyone stays over after the game to hear updates on Barry Sanders rushing day (his game went to OT)...Emmitt won his first rushing title and we won the game

1992 vs Philly...the story of the weekend, no Philly Cream Cheese available in local Krogers...we kicked the crap out of Philly that day and made a huge statement that we were the class of the division...Cunningham got benched...Emmitt had a huge game...Kelvin Martin scored a TD into the endzone where we were with a great catch and run

1992 MND in Atlanta...we clinch our first NFC east title in 7yrs...we destroy the Falcons...Aikman played one of the best games I ever saw a QB have...Emmitt ran wild...Deion threw a fit on the sideline

1993 vs San Fran...awesome game...Irvin and Aikman dominated the game...it started bad, with an Emmitt fumble but then it was all Dallas...only lowlight after the fumble was Alvin Harper dropping an easy long TD in my endzone...

1993 in Atlanta...no Aikman, replaced by Bernie Kosar...Emmitt leaves with an injury after a carry or two...we get flogged by a lousy Atlanta team...

1994 vs Washignton...we beat the crap out of them, but Ken Harvey cheap shots Aikman in the knee and goes out with injury, replaced by Rodney Peete...Peete does throw a TD in my endzone, this one to Alvin harper

1995 in Atlanta...we destroy the Falcons...offense totally unstoppable...when I get to view the tape of the game, I hear Madden call our offense the best he's ever seen

1995 vs SF...worst game I have ever been to...the Niners come in on life support and start Elvis Grbac...Grbac kills our defense...Dave Campo (then DC) has the bright idea to have out of shape and overweight Darrin Smith try to guard Jerry Rice man to man...Rice takes a mid range pass 70-80 yds for an early TD

1996 vs Philly...Ty freaking Detmer beats us

1999 vs Green Bay...no Troy...no Emmitt...no Irvin...no problem...we own Favre in Dallas...at the end of the game Ron Wolf can be seen down on th sideline blistering Ray Rhodes...reportedly its the only game in Wolf's career as a GM where he went down on the field to yell at a coach

2001 in Atlanta...the Ryan Leaf era was started...didnt last very long...we lose

2005 vs Arizona...blowout win...Anthony Henry has a long td return...then gets hurt late in game on meaningless play...MBIII had a big day

2006 in Atlanta...great win...Romo and Owens own the Falcons...MBIII dominates late...Zimmer continues to show his idiocy as one of the few coordinators to ever make Vick look like an NFL passer, though Ware made one of the highlight film plays of the yr with hsi leaping pick/td return

David

dallasfan4evr

Reaction score
I have been to Vet 4 times to see them play. Lost twice and won twice. Went out to Big D, when Emmitt came back as a Cardinal, which was my first trip out there. And I also went out there for the Pittsburgh game. Still have visions of Richie colliding into Vinnie, and fumbling that ball. And not to mention the stadium appearing to be filled with more Steeler fans then ours.

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
glorydaysrback;1749908 said:
where do you go to school koolaid?

Northern Michigan
totally a college town, hockey is huge here but the team isn't so hot this year

StylisticS

Reaction score
koolaid;1749898 said:
i haven't

same here. sadly. And I'm from Texas but Central Texas. I moved up here to Alexandria. I wish I could go to the Commanders/Cowboys game in December.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Ive been. It's been a while. The last game I saw in person was Oct 17th 1993. Dallas played San Fran at Texas Stadium.

I have fond memories of this game. I remembered watching Jerry Rice flip off Pup over and over again during commercial breaks. Those 2 had NO love for each other AT all. It was so funny because the whole crowd was jawin Jerry all game over it. :laugh2:

Dallas won...26-17 I might add.

EndGame

Reaction score
I'm one of the few and ashamed. I live in Commanders country, and Skins/Cowboys tickets are impossible to get. The sad part is that I've actually been to a Commanders game that WASN'T against Dallas. It was the first game after the 1987 strike. The Skins were playing the Jets, and lost. The fans were quite angry that the regular players didn't play as well as the scabs. There were multiple chants (some started by me and my buddy) of...

BRING BACK THE SCABS!
BRING BACK THE SCABS!
BRING BACK THE SCABS!

I'm also guilty of throwing trash at the players, on the field. Although, I was doing it for a different reason than most of the fans ... I just didn't like the Skins in general, not because they were playing poorly.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
dallasfan4evr;1749943 said:
I have been to Vet 4 times to see them play. Lost twice and won twice. Went out to Big D, when Emmitt came back as a Cardinal, which was my first trip out there. And I also went out there for the Pittsburgh game. Still have visions of Richie colliding into Vinnie, and fumbling that ball. And not to mention the stadium appearing to be filled with more Steeler fans then ours.

That was a fun game. There were a number of steelers fans there.

It is going to be the same way when we play the packers. This is such a transient town that there are alot of fans of other teams here. It is a great place to live and us northerners have invaded pretty heavily it seems.

So I am hoping we dont have the same type of result with the packers, because there will be alot of pack fans here. If I have a cheesehead in front of me in my seat I am going to flip and make them remove it, I am not looking at that nonsense all night.

oh and Keyshawn was wide open on that play to win the game when richie knocked it out of vinny's hand.

JBS

Reaction score
how many of you guys who have never been to a cowboys game live in texas?

Zman5

Reaction score
I've been to 5 Cowboys games. All in Washington DC. I've never been to a game in Dallas though. I would love to make the trip before they close Texas stadium.