Who Has Never Been To A Cowboys Game?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
1fisher;1750778 said:
Yeag, All you need to do is get you a cardboard box and stand at I-40 and Sycamore view and in just a couple of weeks you can fund your trip.....

P.S. Let me know when you plan on being there and I'll drop you off a couple of pennies!:D

I was hoping you'd do it. I'm WAY to well fed for that gig. :D

Wu-banger

Reaction score
Going to my 1st game in Dallas ..!!!!!

Dec. 16th vs the Eagles...!!!

I won a local promotion at a bar during the game on Sunday night...!!

Being in South Jersey they thought they were going to send an Eagle fan to Dallas... HA HA ..!!!!

They are sending this Cowboys fan to Dallas for 3 days , two nights @ the Marriott including meals, transportaion , and ticket ...!!!!!

And suggestions to enjoy the trip would be appreciated ....

hockix

Reaction score
Never had the chance to see our boys live.. :cry:

I wanted to go this year and even had a tichet for this weekend game but had to sell it cause of health problems...

:bang2:

If god keeps me on hearth I'll do everything to see them at least once....

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Been a fan for 47 years and have never been to a Cowboy Game.:(

Reason being my profession does not allow me much free time during football season.

But I can say I have never missed a game in 47 years thanks to TV & radio.....

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Cbz40;1750805 said:
Been a fan for 47 years and have never been to a Cowboy Game.:(

Reason being my profession does not allow me much free time during football season.

But I can say I have never missed a game in 47 years thanks to TV & radio.....

It's called vacation days

Afternoon Pops :D

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
kidcrook;1750783 said:
I haven't been to a game, yet. I live in Richmond, VA and I REFUSE to go to my first Cowboys game at FedEx. It's not happening. I'm shooting for either one of the last games at Texas Stadium or one of the first games at the new stadium...
I'm with you about the FedEx Field thing! Some of my buds (Deadskin fans) have been trying to get me to go to the game here in DC the past few seasons but I refuse to give L'il Danny Snyder ONE CENT of my money so he can blow it on some overpriced free agent next year! :lmao: I will NEVER give the Skins any of my dough, even if it means missing my 'Boys when they come to town! I did attend my first Dallas game last season when we demolished the Skins at Texas Stadium! Man was that a blast! And to top it off I came down with a plane full of WSH fans so that made it that much sweeter! They went from filling the bus with that damn "fight" song on the way to the stadium to dead silence (and alot of ribbing from us Dallas fans who came down) on the way back to the hotel. That in and of itself was worth the $$$ the trip cost me! I tell you what, those of you you've never been to Texas Stadium NEED to visit before it's vacated! It may be outdated and weathered a bit but it's like a mecca for us Cowboys fans! Most Skins fan were ragging on it and calling it "rundown" but I was in awe to be on the same field & stadium that my favorite players used to call home. I'm going to try to return next season with my son so he can witness the greatness that is the Dallas Cowboys firsthand in Texas Stadium before they move!

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1750810 said:
It's called vacation days

Afternoon Pops :D

And a Good afternoon to you Yeag.

Vacation Days yes....but I would be rub out of town if I took a day at this time of the year. :D

Ren

Reaction score
Never been to a cowboys game :(

i live in Norway so it's not like i can just go at anytime and with the time of year football season is it's pretty hard to take a vacation for it which i would have to do and will do some day

CoCo

Reaction score
09-14-1980: Lost 41-20 to the Broncos in Denver. :mad: But at least it was a date w/future wife. :)

12-06-1992: Won 31-27 in Denver. This made up for 1980. On the road to the Super Bowl. :D

Also caught a preseason game in Denver a several years back. Don't recall the year but the triplets were still playing.

1fisher

Reaction score
I'm with you BEL.... That stadium is definitely showing it's age but to think you are sitting in the house that Lilly, Meredith, Staubach, Dorsett, Too Tall, R White, Harris, Waters, etc. played in is just AWESOME! And on top of that you can actually take the stadium tour and walk the same sidelines of Tom Landry (well, almost) and walk through the same tunnell as the players!

I'll hate to see it torn down!!!

TheGoat73

Reaction score
haven't but have vowed to make the trip from VA to TX before the new stadium opens

dguinta1

Reaction score
Never been to big D. Hope to before the new stadium is the new home.:(

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Cbz40;1750816 said:
And a Good afternoon to you Yeag.

Vacation Days yes....but I would be rub out of town if I took a day at this time of the year. :D

Nah they wouldn't miss you. The Mrs might welcome it. :D

UDcowboysfan

Reaction score
I've never been to one, i'm in college so i dont have any money:(. Then the fact that i live in ohio isnt helping the cause:banghead:

1fisher

Reaction score
Julius Jones;1750877 said:
I've never been to one, i'm in college so i dont have any money:(. Then the fact that i live in ohio isnt helping the cause:banghead:

Do they have airplanes in Ohio???:D

Just kidding..... I have enough change left over from broken bills that is enough to fund a weekend trip to Dallas! I've got two quart jars full of change and I'm adding more that will fund next seasons trip!

I don't smoke or drink so that alone would be enough to get me there at least a couple of times!

CoCo

Reaction score
1fisher;1750833 said:
I'm with you BEL.... That stadium is definitely showing it's age but to think you are sitting in the house that Lilly, Meredith, Staubach, Dorsett, Too Tall, R White, Harris, Waters, etc. played in is just AWESOME! And on top of that you can actually take the stadium tour and walk the same sidelines of Tom Landry (well, almost) and walk through the same tunnell as the players!

I'll hate to see it torn down!!!

Quite sure Meredith retired before Texas Stadium opened. Not sure on Lilly, he may have.

WarC

Reaction score
I've never been to a Cowboys game...

And more than likely, I will never sit in Texas Stadium.

It sucks but hey. Atleast I got the "fan" part right.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I've been to three, all in Seattle.

2001 loss 29-3 in pouring rain

2004 MNF when we won 43-39

2005 the Jose Cortez game, we lost 13-10 on a late Bledsoe INT and a long Brown FG at the gun.

I'm glad I didn't go to the playoff game last year, I might have jumped off the upper deck at Qwest Field after the botched FG.

1fisher

Reaction score
CoCo;1750883 said:
Quite sure Meredith retired before Texas Stadium opened. Not sure on Lilly, he may have.

very true..... I got a little caught up in the moment.... I thought Lilly played one season there but I can't remember for sure???? Help!