Who Has Never Been To A Cowboys Game?

badleelee

Reaction score
I use to go to AZ to see the boyz kill the cards every year. We use to call it TEXAS STADIUM in the desert. I never been to texas stadium to see a game.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
I have seen the Cowboys live in plenty of cities, but never in Dallas (probably about 30 times or so).

New stadium is not the upcoming season, but the following right ?

I will make it next season, but not this one.

For those that haven't been... it is a great experience to see pro football live. Relish the moments.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have been to every Thanksgiving Day game except for the 1st one and have tickets to this years Jets game. Throw in a few playoff games and the 1976 SB and all I can say is it has been a fun ride.

Eddie

Reaction score
Fan since 1978. I was 8 years old.

Never been to a Cowboy game.

I'd like to do so before I die.

1fisher

Reaction score
Eddie;1750421 said:
Fan since 1978. I was 8 years old.

Never been to a Cowboy game.

I'd like to do so before I die.

That was about the time I became a Cowboy fan.... Roger Staubach made a commercial for the company where my dad worked and I got an autographed photo!!! Talk about a kid on top of the world!!!!

I've been to at least 8 games all in Texas Stadium. There's a piece of my knuckle near the skyboxes in the endzone...... Emmitt scored a TD on our end of the field and when I pumped my fist I accidentally hit the concrete railing behind me!!!:laugh2:

There's nothing like seeing them live in that historical stadium.:bow:

:starspin :starspin

danzig

Reaction score
ive been to 1 cowboy game. a couple of years ago up in San Fran. great game to be at if you are a cowboy fan.

ive yet to go to a home game, something i will be correcting in about 10 days :)

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
I have never been to one. Lived in North Dakota until last year and now am going to college in Phoenix, AZ. When the new stadium opens up I am planning on takin a road trip to some. :D

Was gonna go to the Cards/Cowboys game last year in Phoenix but at the time i had no money

vicjagger

Reaction score
I've been a fan since the '60s, but I've never seen the Cowboys live. I've never been to Texas either.

Next year they will be in Cleveland and Pittsburgh, so I'm going to try to get to one or both of those. They're each about 100 miles away.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I've been to a couple of games. I went against the Bills in 93 when Emmitt was holding out. I also went to the 1994 playoff win against the Packers.

I haven't been since. You would think I'd go more often living here in Dallas, but the whole expensive tickets thing. :D

Eddie

Reaction score
My best chance of seeing a Cowboys game live is if the Cowboys play the Jets in the Meadowlands. Jets tickets are easy to come by and we can get them for face value.

Unfortunately, the Jets play the Cowboys in Dallas this year. I may have to wait another 10 years before they play again. :(

Martice

Reaction score
I have never been to a game but I will be at the Giant game this weekend. I already am making the pilgrimage to Texas Stadium next season. I have to make the journey before the stadium goes down.

Darrel

Reaction score
Ive never been. I thought a buddy of mine and I would get to go this year but the tickets we wanted had to go to Texas fans first. The game sold out and we didnt get tickets. I want to go before we move to the new stadium though and then make a regular (hopefully) trip to the new stadium. Before this year all I could afford was Sunday Ticket.

kmd24

Reaction score
This thread has inspired me. My birthday is 11/19, so tickets to the Skins game might be in order...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I have been too one game. It was the 98 season opener and man it was HOT. I lucked out when I bought the tickets and got them on the shaded side of the stadium. The game was a birthday present for my future wife.

It was also Gailey's first game as head coach and we won. The best part was Erik Williams and Eric Swann got in to a fight at the end of the game and got tossed. Swann had to walk right past where we were sitting and we cheered him as he went in to the tunnel. :D

It would be AWESOME to be there for the first game in the new stadium but I know that will be WAY to expensive.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
kmd24;1750641 said:
This thread has inspired me. My birthday is 11/19, so tickets to the Skins game might be in order...
kmd24, we share the same birthday.:) Last season the Boys beat the Colts on our glorious B-day. Maybe they will whip up on the Deadskins for us this year.:D

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
I have a real horror story about this.
I've never been to a Cowboys game in my life.

About 10 -12 years back, while sitting at work a friend calls me and tells me he has two box seat tickets for the Cowboys-Giants Monday Nighter in the Meadowlands.

Okay cool. I'll come around and pick him up and off we go.
Problem was, I got the call at 5:00. By the time we got to the stadium, well before kick-off, the wall of traffic was horrendous. People were abandoning their cars on the side of the road and running for the stadium.

I wasn't about to do that with a brand new Acura, so I figured we'd just have to wait. By the time the 2nd quarter started, we weren't even in the complex.

Suck job moment for what would have been a great night. We ended up in a bar watching Deon run back and int and a PR for touchdowns.

--------

I'm planning on getting to Texas Stadium next year with some family, for the Cowboys last year there. At least I'll be surrounded by Cowboy fans for my first time seeing them.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Been to 4 games but never at Texas Stadium (Apparently, never will)...Probably will try to catch a game in the new stadium (Landry Field??).

But the last couple of experiences at an American Football game, Cowboys or not, really turned me off to the live experience...Besides not reaaaally understanding the amount of downtime there is in the game, especially live (Ton of just sitting and waiting for something to happen, timeouts etc.)...It just kills the experience but besides that, it's honestly the number of reprobates that are drunk and entirely impossible to be around...It's less and less an enjoyable experience to see it live...Comforts of HD on plasma trump it everytime.

1fisher

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1750648 said:
I have been too one game. It was the 98 season opener and man it was HOT. I lucked out when I bought the tickets and got them on the shaded side of the stadium. The game was a birthday present for my future wife.

It was also Gailey's first game as head coach and we won. The best part was Erik Williams and Eric Swann got in to a fight at the end of the game and got tossed. Swann had to walk right past where we were sitting and we cheered him as he went in to the tunnel. :D

It would be AWESOME to be there for the first game in the new stadium but I know that will be WAY to expensive.

Yeag, All you need to do is get you a cardboard box and stand at I-40 and Sycamore view and in just a couple of weeks you can fund your trip.....

P.S. Let me know when you plan on being there and I'll drop you off a couple of pennies!:D

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
I haven't been to a game, yet. I live in Richmond, VA and I REFUSE to go to my first Cowboys game at FedEx. It's not happening. I'm shooting for either one of the last games at Texas Stadium or one of the first games at the new stadium...