Who has the best prospect rankings?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by gimmesix, Feb 23, 2021.

1. baltcowboy

baltcowboy Well-Known Member

5,252 Messages
    5,439 Likes Received
    You know Voch likes Surtain over Farley right? He also thinks Horne is the best cornerback in the draft. A few weeks ago he said a Kentucky cornerback had the best tape he has seen. Voch is a good draftnick but he has an agenda. He has a bias towards the offensive line and wants the Cowboys to take Slater. Surtain is a better cornerback then Diggs is right now. I don’t think Farley could start over Brown today or at least be better early in the season. Farley has traits that you cannot teach but he needs some work. I would go with the guy who would walk into any team and would be a starter on day 1 of trading camp. If we draft either guy the key to our defense will still be us drafting a quality free safety.

jterrell likes this.
  2. J-man

J-man Well-Known Member

1,054 Messages
    723 Likes Received
    Kiper's a tool. He's nothing more than an ESPN manufactured "expert".

3. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

30,065 Messages
    12,049 Likes Received
    My man I never brought up Farley.
    It's OK if you like Farley more.
    He's the better natural athlete but has far lesser technique, he has not even an iota of tape versus true elite weapons and he most certainly hasn't played for anyone to see in well over a year.
    Farley is exciting to any scout based on raw tools. He's built a lot like Deion Sanders.

As to Diggs, that's just not accurate.
    Go watch his tape versus Kyle Pitts.
    It was the smartest anyone played Pitts all year. He stayed AWAY from his body by 3-4 yards and closed only when he had to.
    Surtain has by far the best technique of the class which makes sense given he's had elite training his entire life as his dad was a 3x Pro Bowl CB and then the best DB coach in college football in Nick Saban.

I like Voch (glad he's back and healthy) and his videos are super entertaining but his football takes are not really deep dives. They are overviews with limited tape meant to detail an idea he already had before he put the videos together. Most of the cuts he used was from Surtain's sophomore year.

https://www.nfl.com/news/scouting-patrick-surtain-ii-alabama-cb-similar-to-byron-jones

https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/draft/2021-nfl-draft-prospect-profile-cb-patrick-surtain-ii-alabama

https://247sports.com/Article/Patri...bate-order-defensive-back-prospect-161033405/

All in all not much debate on these guys.
    Farley has the higher ceiling and could be a playmaker for you but he also may have some toughness and injury issues to fight through.
    He has a far lower floor than Surtain.
    He compares well with year 1 or 2 Byron Jones in that he is raw at CB.
    But any time you are talking a Deion like body you are talking rare elite physical traits that can only be God given.

Surtain is a very good CB but he may never be great. He's probably maxed out in many ways.
    Already strong and smart with good technique.
    He will tackle and he is smart enough to cover WRs with a plan to beat them.
    He compares very well with Byron Jones of the last few seasons.
    His Dad's 10 seasons with 3 Pro Bowls is about right as a low water projection for Surtain.
    But his high water mark may only be 12 seasons and 6 Pro Bowls. He's not likely ever be an all Pro or record 6+ INT in a season.
    He's a walk in day 1 starter at CB.

4. bodi

bodi Well-Known Member

5,640 Messages
    3,106 Likes Received
  5. beware_d-ware

beware_d-ware Well-Known Member

5,155 Messages
    6,179 Likes Received
  6. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

20,849 Messages
    26,485 Likes Received
    This could not have been better said. It’s exactly why I hope Surtain is there at 10.

jterrell likes this.
  7. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

6,101 Messages
    7,264 Likes Received
    @timb2

8. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

6,101 Messages
    7,264 Likes Received
    I like Paulson Adebo and Jaycee Horn over Surtain and Farley. Surtain is too stiff and Farley is always injured.

Opinions vary just like beliefs.

9. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

9,198 Messages
    8,663 Likes Received
    I will help you. No way Sunshine makes to us at 10 but if he is there than he should be the pick.

10. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

9,198 Messages
    8,663 Likes Received
    This and some other posters would be CalPolytech, SeanLee50, CouchCoach. I know I am missing somebodies and if I did I apologize. All 4 of those guys are great evaluators for us novice posters.

baltcowboy likes this.
  11. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

13,316 Messages
    22,376 Likes Received
    How are you helping me?
    I know full well he's not falling to 10.

12. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

9,198 Messages
    8,663 Likes Received
    You said you will personally have Jerry committed to an insane asslyum. That is what I meant in helping you.

13. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

61,996 Messages
    114,958 Likes Received
  14. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

13,316 Messages
    22,376 Likes Received
    Ops.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding.

15. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

9,198 Messages
    8,663 Likes Received
    That is ok but you right if he does get to us and Jerry passes on him, he should be put in an insane aslyum.

16. Floatyworm

Floatyworm The Labeled One

14,789 Messages
    12,891 Likes Received
    The yearly Floaty Mock draft coming soon....Book it. :popcorn:

17. Floatyworm

Floatyworm The Labeled One

14,789 Messages
    12,891 Likes Received
    LOL...Anthony Brown plays like a 4.65 CB because he is too stupid to recognize a route. :laugh: