Who here has never seen the Cowboys win a Super Bowl live on TV or in person?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who here has never seen a Super Bowl live, whether it be on the TV, or where ever? I know there are tons of us that have seen our Cowboys win a SB, but who here has not seen our Cowboy win one in real time.

Not the times you have seen one, but just the posters that have never witnessed our team win one?

I won't ask for your thoughts?

Jipper

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess that was a stupid question. lol.

I should have thought about that before I made this stupid thread.
honestly i think its a good question - there seems to be a much higher concentration of fans on the older side that are more invested in the team....i think the illustration here of fewer fans that have not seen one live despite the 28 years goes to show you that the fandom is slowly fading away....

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Who here has never seen a Super Bowl live, whether it be on the TV, or where ever? I know there are tons of us that have seen our Cowboys win a SB, but who here has not seen our Cowboy win one in real time.

Not the times you have seen one, but just the posters that have never witnessed our team win one?

I’ve seen the Cowboys win 5. But it’s been a while. :grin:

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I saw SB XLIV in Miami, the Saints beat the Colts, and SB LV in Tampa, the Bucs beat the Chiefs. I live in SW Florida, so I figured I'd go. It's only a 2 1/2 hour drive to Tampa and 1 1/2 hour drive to Miami's stadium. Hell, I finally had the spare money to spend, it's an event and the weather is generally nice. Both games were in the 60's at kickoff.

I am waiting to see a Cowboy's Super Bowl. I have $20,000 put away for that day! My wife says it will not be spent before I pass on. Come on Jerry, prove her wrong.

MS17

Reaction score
I'm an old guy, and had the good fortune to watch all the Cowboys SBs on TV. Most memorable to me was SB VI, beating Miami in 1972. Which really eased the pain of the bitterly disappointing Super Bowl (V) loss one year earlier to the Colts.
Super Bowl V was when our Chuck Howley was only player to win Super Bowl MVP playing for a losing team. He didn't accept the award since he was disappointed his team lost that day. Remarkable.

Motorola

Reaction score

Yeah, I guess that was a stupid question. lol.

I should have thought about that before I made this stupid thread.
honestly i think its a good question - there seems to be a much higher concentration of fans on the older side that are more invested in the team....i think the illustration here of fewer fans that have not seen one live despite the 28 years goes to show you that the fandom is slowly fading away....
There are some of us who were in elementary school in 1995 (I was around 10) who didn’t take football seriously back then. I don’t remember watching a SB with the Cowboys in it.
Actually, I think it's a great question as long as we keep people on topic.
I would put forth any Cowboys fan 33 years and younger (born in 1991 and later) hasn't experienced the franchise win a Super Bowl.

I'd expect there are a number (tens / a few hundred thousands?) of fans who, as 5-6 year olds (born 1990\1989) were precocious enough about sports + raised in a household where following the Cowboys was just as relevant as traditions, pastimes, hobbies, and celebrations - that they clearly remember the last one in 1995 - Super Bowl XXX.

Motorola

Reaction score
Au contriare, 'Jipper' - Dallas Cowboys following will never cease to exist (as long as the NFL is in operation).
Following sports teams gets past down among families or picked up on a whim season by season, year after year.
Even as we older fans dwindle in numbers, the younger generations pick up the slack.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
I was 5 and probably too busy playing Donkey Kong Country 2 on my Super Nintendo in January 1996 so count me in, I don't expect to see them win one in my lifetime either.

chasecooley5308

Reaction score

I haven't. I was 5 years old the last time we won a SB