Who here has never seen the Cowboys win a Super Bowl live on TV or in person?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You and me both, brother. Though I never miss a snap of any Cowboys game and haven't since the 80's, my perspective re: winning SB's as being the most important thing in life has changed. Nobody wants one more than me, but at the end of the day, the NFL is in the entertainment business, not the business of controlling my emotional state of mind. Three 12 win seasons in a row is entertaining. I'll take that and a devastating loss in the first round rather than suffer through 6-8 win seasons which is exactly what we'd get if many of the posters here had their way. We've got a top 6 or 7 QB in the league and a bunch of knuckleheads like Skip Bayless want him gone. It's one of the dumbest narratives in all of sports. Or the 'Jerry Jones doesn't know what he's doing' crowd. Yeah, he does actually. The Cowboys are one of the best run teams in the NFL. They draft exceptionally well, but like every other team in the league, they occasionally don't get something right. Big deal. Ask the Broncos fans how they feel right about now.
I used to talk about my history and life with the Cowboys but fans begun using it against me .

That’s a great streak since the 80’s. Mine goes back to the 60’s. Bobhaze and I are two of the oldest fans on this board.

Before the new NFL Blackout rule in 1973 it was quite a challenge for a local to watch all of the games. Home games were blacked out. So either needed tickets or had to travel outside the75 mile radius. We did both.

Shannon1

Reaction score
Who here has never seen a Super Bowl live, whether it be on the TV, or where ever? I know there are tons of us that have seen our Cowboys win a SB, but who here has not seen our Cowboy win one in real time.

Not the times you have seen one, but just the posters that have never witnessed our team win one?

I won't ask for your thoughts?
I seen everyone of them !

Diehardblues

Reaction score
honestly i think its a good question - there seems to be a much higher concentration of fans on the older side that are more invested in the team....i think the illustration here of fewer fans that have not seen one live despite the 28 years goes to show you that the fandom is slowly fading away....
I’m not sure it’s faded as much as it’s more casual or laid back. That’s what I see with younger generation in my family. Winning championships creates fanatic diehards that live and breathe it. And are more frustrated with current era.

This generation see we are competitive with some stars to embrace . Just coming up short in playoffs. Oh well. And why Jethro is able to continue hyping and selling the next year . And shouldn’t ever give up hope . I kinda admire their loyalty to a fault. It doesn’t matter why we suk. We just do. And they own it and accept it. Move on to next year.

I think most see better teams on the most part are in the way. Brady dominated an era along with other Elite HOF caliber QB’s . Now it’s Mahomes. What can you do.

Not every team gets one . It is what it is. They don’t seem as deterred as us older diehards or are hoping it will turn someday. They have a humility about it. Have to admire it. Similar to how I have become numb to it.

Maybe it’s how we would have been if never won or played for a championship in our lifetime . It’s kinda how I am for my Alma Mater which hasn’t ever played for a national championship in football. I get it.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
So you were completely missing my point, sorry. But since it has been made several times now, not just by me, there's no need to repeat it once again and run in circles here.

And yes you're right on that last sentence. Interestingly enough, this doesnt contradict anything I said even remotely. But okay, each to his own.
If I have misrepresented you, I have no issues apologizing. It happens.
But he said: Three 12 win seasons in a row is entertaining. I'll take that and a devastating loss in the first round rather than suffer through 6-8 win seasons which is exactly what we'd get if many of the posters here had their way. We've got a top 6 or 7 QB in the league and a bunch of knuckleheads like Skip Bayless want him gone. It's one of the dumbest narratives in all of sports. Or the 'Jerry Jones doesn't know what he's doing' crowd. Yeah, he does actually. The Cowboys are one of the best run teams in the NFL. They draft exceptionally well, but like every other team in the league, they occasionally don't get something right. Big deal. Ask the Broncos fans how they feel right about now.

and you said. That is almost exactly opposite of my take.
So just to clarify which part of his take do you side with in opposite? If it is not his "I'll take 12 wins and a first round loss over 6-8" piece?

FWIW as I am sure you know Euro soccer is NOT all about the regular seasons.
There are plenty of trophies won as tourneys much like the playoffs.
It's just in Europe you can win any of them and have people pretty happy.
Chelsea has won the UCL and lost the League and no one complained and the vice versa has happened and fans have been good with that too.
Fans aim for Trebles but also are realisitic in that any major trophy is really nice. This teenage Chelsea squad would send fans soaring if they could just win the FA Cup.
The NFL version where only 1 of 32 teams supposedly can be happy kinda sucks tbh.

Big_D

Reaction score
If you never witnessed a Cowboy Super Bowl. That means 2007 is probably the best football you’ve ever seen from this team. Thats just sad.