Who here has never seen the Cowboys win a Super Bowl live on TV or in person?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
you would need to be born in the 80's to watch and remember the 90's SB wins.
The other thing is it isnt just win a SB, it is get to a SB and lose, get to a nfc champ game and lose or win, and win a div round game !!
No one under 40 has seen any of those things.

Thank the jones boys for that. Cant blame dak or romo or JG for all those years lol..... just some of them.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Probably anyone born from January 29th,1996 till now
Anybody under 35 for sure has never even seen a Cowboys team in the NFCCG...that's really sad. No wonder they brag so much about an occasional division title or 12 wins seasons. LOL...... SMDH.... silly boys/girls.

Slick

Reaction score
Born in ‘66. Barely remember 71 season which was in ‘72 to confirm, but all the others including the painful dropped pass in the end zone against the Steelers.

Kwyn

Reaction score
honestly i think its a good question - there seems to be a much higher concentration of fans on the older side that are more invested in the team....i think the illustration here of fewer fans that have not seen one live despite the 28 years goes to show you that the fandom is slowly fading away....
This forum in its various incarnations has been around a long time and aside from that it has just attracted and retained a bunch of old dudes.

Most fans who haven’t been around are on other social media sites for their Cowboy needs.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Probably anyone born from January 29th,1996 till now
... or slightly before. If they were born in '92 or '93, they're probably not old enough to remember. I was a little tot when the team won Super Bowl 6. I remember the adults huddled around the TV and cheering, but I can't say I understood what was going on.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess that was a stupid question. lol.

I should have thought about that before I made this stupid thread.
Probably not. I find it interesting.

What I wonder is, those who defend Dak or Jerry so sincerely, how old are you? Reason why I'd like to know this is because if one has never experienced a Superbowl win live could be more inclined to say that a 12 win season is great despite the play off outcome.

And I'm not saying this in vain, I'm coming in peace here. Because I could understand where you guys are coming from in that case.

But if you're a guy like me who has witnessed what success really means (even though I was still very young back then in the 90s) I couldn't understand the acceptance of all that mediocrity of the (almost by now) last three decades.

A good regular season is not what the NFL is about. It's just a ticket to take part in the "real stuff". But it SHOULD also be a good indicator of what to expect in post season and the Cowboys have shown time and time again that they are more pretenders than contenders.

jwitten82

Reaction score
There are some of us who were in elementary school in 1995 (I was around 10) who didn’t take football seriously back then. I don’t remember watching a SB with the Cowboys in it.
I was born in '91, I didn't become a fan untill 2005. In 2004, I was a semi fan, I wasn't fully invested lol. idk what happened, but that off season I got so into football, I kept up with all the news. So I've witnessed 4 wildcard wins

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I haven't. I remember them winning Super Bowl XXX with Deion, but I don't remember watching it.

The first Super Bowl I remember watching intently was Denver/Green Bay.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I haven’t or don’t remember. I was too young. My first real full season was 2003. When Bill came and we had Quincy Carter at QB.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m so old I’ve seen every Cowboys playoff game- all 67 in its history on live tv. Unfortunately, none in person. My first sports cry happened when Bart Starr scored The winning TD in the Ice Bowl on Dec 31, 1967. I was nine years old.

I watched the Cowboys lose the SB V against the colts in Jan 1971, then watched them beat the dolphins in SB VI in Jan, 1972 at home with my dad and brother. I‘ve seen every Cowboys SB game.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
I'm an old guy, and had the good fortune to watch all the Cowboys SBs on TV. Most memorable to me was SB VI, beating Miami in 1972. Which really eased the pain of the bitterly disappointing Super Bowl (V) loss one year earlier to the Colts.
Super Bowl V was when our Chuck Howley was only player to win Super Bowl MVP playing for a losing team. He didn't accept the award since he was disappointed his team lost that day. Remarkable.
And our defense still holds the record for holding an opposing SB team to the fewest points from the Miami game. That'll be a tough one to beat.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
I’m so old I’ve seen every Cowboys playoff game- all 67 in its history on live tv. Unfortunately, none in person. My first sports cry happened when Bart Starr scored The winning TD in the Ice Bowl on Dec 31, 1967. I was nine years old.

I watched the Cowboys lose the SB V against the colts in Jan 1971, then watched them beat the dolphins in SB VI in Jan, 1972 at home with my dad and brother. I‘ve seen every Cowboys SB game.
You and me both, brother. Though I never miss a snap of any Cowboys game and haven't since the 80's, my perspective re: winning SB's as being the most important thing in life has changed. Nobody wants one more than me, but at the end of the day, the NFL is in the entertainment business, not the business of controlling my emotional state of mind. Three 12 win seasons in a row is entertaining. I'll take that and a devastating loss in the first round rather than suffer through 6-8 win seasons which is exactly what we'd get if many of the posters here had their way. We've got a top 6 or 7 QB in the league and a bunch of knuckleheads like Skip Bayless want him gone. It's one of the dumbest narratives in all of sports. Or the 'Jerry Jones doesn't know what he's doing' crowd. Yeah, he does actually. The Cowboys are one of the best run teams in the NFL. They draft exceptionally well, but like every other team in the league, they occasionally don't get something right. Big deal. Ask the Broncos fans how they feel right about now.