Who here wants McCarthy back?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I don't.

This team looks awful under him.

Even early in the season when healthier they looked awful and undisciplined.

That's all on the head coach.

He's accomplished nothing since getting here and done nothing to suggest he can turn this team around.

But of course Jones will give him another year.

i tried to be fair about it....

i needed to see wins.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He was not in my top 5 choices but I wasn’t devastated by the hire. I expected a lot more from him. I can’t look at one thing this season that gives me any hope for year 2. I’d clean house if it were up to me.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I would have sent him to his barn long time ago so he can try his analytics on someone else

jsb357

Reaction score
He'll be back...MM has a secret weapon.

sgdum.jpg

CWR

Reaction score
I don't.

He's accomplished nothing since getting here and done nothing to suggest he can turn this team around.

I dont either. That doesn't mean I blame it all on him though. He hasn't had a genuine opportunity to run this team. Its been an extraordinary season filled with obstacles no first year coach should be up against.

HOWEVER, he hasn't impressed when given opportunities to do so. His use of "analytics" is laughable. He doesn't appear to give us any competitive advantage. When you sell yourself as some kind of football savant and then constantly make doofus decisions its hard not to scream false advertising. Then there is also the message hes sent out to this team via the media. He just appears to be full of crap.

The staff he surrounded himself with, and not calling plays is another discussion all together, and it is less than flattering. Id love to wash our hands of these coaches and start fresh. The idea we wanted experience because we were so close has been put to bed. The experience has done nothing for us. Unfortunately, like you said JJ will stick with him because he believes patience is key.

jnday

Reaction score
I don't.

I can overlook the lack of talent, because he has no control over it. The sloppy, gutless efforts by the team is a direct reflection on MM. He has also proven that his in-game decisions are no better than Garrett’s epics failures. I didn’t hold all of the rumors from Green Bay against him at the time of his hiring, but he has coached in a way to make it much easier to believe them. I took a wait and see approach when he was hired, but I have seen enough to know that he is not the coach that is going to change the culture in Dallas. He needs to go.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I can’t comprehend why I can’t think of one reason.
i'm not firing the head-coach after losing our starting QB and 3 starters off our o-line...with no off-season to fully implement his program.
secondly...what he's managed to do with this oline featuring 2 udfa is more than impressive to me.
he also managed to get Dalton Schultz and Noah Brown to perform.
they were floundering under garrett.
i also loved his draft class.
i'd like him back with a real off-season.

i also will give him credit for how he has managed this team thru covid....we haven't really been impacted by it like some clubs have.
i credit McCarthy...the players...and frankly the f/o for that.
it could've been much worse.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I think Mike deserves another year with a new DC but...

I would want Meyer in a nanosecond if he was open to take on the job of fixing this broken franchise.

I think the only way to save the Cowboys is to have a savage in charge.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I do, too many injuries to judge. Getting rid of a Hall of Fame coach after 1 season is insane. No coach could overcome these injuries. Look at the 49ers with Kyle Shanahan. They suck too, but he gets a pass right?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I do, too many injuries to judge. Getting rid of a Hall of Fame coach after 1 season is insane. No coach could overcome these injuries. Look at the 49ers with Kyle Shanahan. They suck too, but he gets a pass right?

hes 13 games in, and it looks terrible.

it will only continue if he gets another season.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think Mike deserves another year with a new DC but...

I would want Meyer in a nanosecond if he was open to take on the job of fixing this broken franchise.

I think the only way to save the Cowboys is to have a savage in charge.

the players are not afraid of Big Mike.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course he deserves another year. He really isn't coaching his team it's Garrett's old team. No offseason and injuries completely killed this team. It would have been a miracle if they played .500 ball this year.