Who here wants McCarthy back?

JBS

Reaction score
I thought he was a good hire

I don't think he deserves another chance

It's all nothing but excuses for why this team has 4 wins

He's done absolutely nothing to suggest he brings something of value to the table

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I’ve seen enough poor fundamentals and in game decisions to not want him back. Plus he’s the one that brought in Nolan so that tells me all I need to know about his decision making.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't.

This team looks awful under him.

Even early in the season when healthier they looked awful and undisciplined.

That's all on the head coach.

He's accomplished nothing since getting here and done nothing to suggest he can turn this team around.

But of course Jones will give him another year.

total agreement---- so to answer your original questions..not only no but Hell NO...we need to keep Kellen Moore and get a defensive minded HC.....our players are much better than worse in the league...we looked better against Cincy

but often our players looked confused and discouraged game after game....that falls on the HC....but Jones is too prideful to admit he gets something wrong...so McCarthey will stay here and would not be surprised if Jones keeps Nolan too

i think Jones has this idea if he gets his base riled up some how it makes the cowboys more money?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’ve seen enough poor fundamentals and in game decisions to not want him back. Plus he’s the one that brought in Nolan so that tells me all I need to know about his decision making.

mr Mojo --could not have said it better myself

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I didn’t want him from the beginning, really. I wanted Meyer or Matt Rhule.

But at this point, it’d be unfair to fire him after his first year. This season has been so bad for us from an injury standpoint, plus the pandemic, that he’s at least deserves to show us what he can do with a healthy roster.

Another point: it’s hard to attract good coaching candidates when you fire them after one bad year. Firing McCarthy would set a bad precedent when finding the next HC.

although i can see your point of view in one sense-----its not the injuries or Covid claim on the players that gets me...its McCartheys in-game very poor decision making game after game after game...all these 4th down stupid "wiffs" have nothng to do with injuries and Covid...but i do see your point of view and i think for sure that is how Jerry will view it too

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think he deserves another chance. I want Mike Nolan gone as defensive coordinator though.

I want to see how McCarthy fares with a healthy Dak, a healthy offensive line (eight players that have started on the o-line have spent time on IR), and a defense that's not historically bad.

McCarthy has had a winning track record. I think a combination of no offseason, injuries of ridiculous proportions, and a defensive scheme change with personnel drafted for a different philosophy all worked against Big Mike this year.

but CT Dal Fan---- but allowing a real big phlisophical defensive scheme change with no real practice time to install it ..to me is sheer stupidity right out of the gate....it often takes months or a couple of seasons of practice time to begin receiving all the benefits from radical philisophical scheme change....so to even consider being able to do it through Zoom sessions is beyond stupid...and one cannot improve on stupid...add in McCarthey dumb play calls on many 4th down
plays..game after game reveals a coache's thought processing.....i cannot trust him...but who am I???...just your average barely keep head above water fan

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Give him another shot. A full offseason including training camp. Gotta dump the defense tho. They never showed any signs of improvement all year long. The offense, despite losing just about every starter on the line has improved and played at least average at times. The defense still blows assignments. Still cant tackle. Still cant get off the field on 3rd down. Still chases down plays from behind.

Now if the season starts much the same as it did this season, I'd have a short leash. But because it's Old Jer, he will ride it out, make no significant changes and sell it as the greatest show on turf.

I'm tired. No more drinking the Koolaid. I'm out.

we home..i mean we casa---- i totally get it man..after this season the koolaid tastes so so bitter now

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm fairly indifferent to it. Obviously, I'd like to go out and find a coach who takes us immediately to the Super Bowl, but it's not that easy to find that guy.

With McCarthy, I know that he knows how to get there, but the question is whether he got there simply because he had a future Hall of Fame quarterback. Also, although we needed to see more from him this year, It's hard to judge him fairly when he's lost his three All-Pro offensive linemen and a fourth who probably should have been last year along with his starting quarterback. The defensive failings are on him and the coordinator he chose to hire, but obviously the offense hasn't been near what it was supposed to be.

So if you can find me a coach guaranteed to turn this team around his first year, I'm all for it. Otherwise, I'm fine with giving McCarthy another year and seeing what happens.

actually i am so angry and disappointed with our team i just wanted to cut off heads and talk later...but if McCarthey can improve many of his sheer stupid 4th down play calls and gets a decent DC i can give him another year

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What would Bill Belichick have accomplished without Tom Brady?

What would Tom Landry have accomplished without Roger Staubach?

What did Andy Reid accomplish before he got Patrick Mahomes?

man i love me some Reid and Mahommes..all day long

mathew1184

Reaction score
I believe he should be back. This has been a miserable year. He deserves a full offseason with this team, and I think Coach and the team learned alot about each other this year.

Nolan on the other hand...should already be gone.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
But of course Jones will give him another year.

Yep.

Nothing I've seen this year would stop me from looking to upgrade, though I'm not near the Garrett point of Anyone But McCarthy. McCarthy may or may not be the best candidate we could get.

Pentagruel

Reaction score
I’m not certain McCarthy was the best hire in the first place but I don’t think it’s fair to make a decision after one turmoil filled year. As it wasn’t clear to me if it was the right choice to hire him it’s also not clear to me that it’s the right choice to fire him. There are plenty of mitigating circumstances this year that would have made it tough for any coach to succeed... Do I wish he had navigated those circumstances more adroitly? Sure. But I think he deserves another year to show what he’s got.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I thought it was about the most boring status quo hire we could’ve made..

I still feel that way.

What a horrible hiring process we had.