Who here wants McCarthy back?

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I don’t care one way or another. It hasn’t made much difference who coaches the team since Jimmy Johnson was at the helm.

RamziD

Reaction score
I’m okay with giving him another few years with a different DC and OC. High likelihood we end up with a worse coach considering our history, so I’ll have some patience.

jnday

Reaction score
You are clueless.We lost the entire offensive line, many of their backups and the starting QB. Yeah, let’s fire the HC. Clueless.
MM made in-game decisions that rivaled the very worst of Garrett’s blunders. The talent on the roster or injuries had nothing to do with that. I didn’t like the hire to begin with, but I kept an open mind until he closed it with bonehead decisions.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
If we could, lets give him a offseason with healthy players. I'm more inclined to look more towards a DC. 100% he is staying so, there is that.

fansince68

Reaction score
I don't.

This team looks awful under him.

Even early in the season when healthier they looked awful and undisciplined.

That's all on the head coach.

He's accomplished nothing since getting here and done nothing to suggest he can turn this team around.

But of course Jones will give him another year.
Big Mac used to beat this team most of the times we played them. Remember when he and Rodgers used to get us with the "12" men on the field call with the quick snap every d@rn game? If we were to cut loose Big Mac, who would we hire that could "effectively" lead this team with the Crypt Keeper lurking in the wings? Our team owner the "Billionaire" makes almost every positive move that we suggest a moot point.
:oops:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
i'm not firing the head-coach after losing our starting QB and 3 starters off our o-line...with no off-season to fully implement his program.
secondly...what he's managed to do with this oline featuring 2 udfa is more than impressive to me.
he also managed to get Dalton Schultz and Noah Brown to perform.
they were floundering under garrett.
i also loved his draft class.
i'd like him back with a real off-season.

i also will give him credit for how he has managed this team thru covid....we haven't really been impacted by it like some clubs have.
i credit McCarthy...the players...and frankly the f/o for that.
it could've been much worse.
I didn’t like him when he was with Green Bay

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I’m okay with giving him another few years with a different DC and OC. High likelihood we end up with a worse coach considering our history, so I’ll have some patience.

why settle for some HC who might turn it around in a few years? [isnt this what we did with Jason?]

Fire Mike and replace him. [Big Mike is the one who wanted Nolan, btw.]

Big Mike isnt the only coach out there....

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
He's a puppet coach but probably a decent puppet coach so give him one more year..........

Mannix

Reaction score
Jerry's first pick was Mike Holmgren, but Corky conned him first.

DWelch1775

Couch Warmer
Reaction score
We should give McCarthy another year, based off injuries alone, but should definitely get another defensive coordinator.

RamziD

Reaction score
why settle for some HC who might turn it around in a few years? [isnt this what we did with Jason?]

Fire Mike and replace him. [Big Mike is the one who wanted Nolan, btw.]

Big Mike isnt the only coach out there....

I don’t trust JJ to hire someone better right now, so I’d give MM another shot. JJ won’t hire the next big thing that we all want. He’s more likely to hire someone like Wade Phillips.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Moore needs another year before he’ll be ready for the HC position so McCarthy will be back.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I believe he should be back. This has been a miserable year. He deserves a full offseason with this team, and I think Coach and the team learned alot about each other this year.

Nolan on the other hand...should already be gone.

total total total agreement on Nolan...i have a bad taste in my mouth with McCarthey...some of his 4th down snafoos are so stupid ..the fake punt double reverse was guaranteed to lose..the 4th and 3 from 11 yd line first game against rams when we could kick easy FG to tie game and our D in that game playing good against Rams..we lose...the 4th and 1/2 yard..instead of easy QB sneek or Zeke bulldozing we try a failed pass to the flat..so stupid..plus McCarthey admits he lied about studying film all offseason saying he just wanted to look good in front of Jerry to get job....plus all the players who said this coaching staff is stupid and cant coach and look at our defense..confused and worse in league and we are better than that

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m not certain McCarthy was the best hire in the first place but I don’t think it’s fair to make a decision after one turmoil filled year. As it wasn’t clear to me if it was the right choice to hire him it’s also not clear to me that it’s the right choice to fire him. There are plenty of mitigating circumstances this year that would have made it tough for any coach to succeed... Do I wish he had navigated those circumstances more adroitly? Sure. But I think he deserves another year to show what he’s got.

your points are valid in one sense...but..consider how a coach responds when stuff happens...McCarthey has OK's some of the most stupid 4th down tries i have ever seen...that fake punt double reverse that took so long Wilson did not even make it back to line of scrimmage...dont get me going on the 4th and 3 from 11 yd line against Rams when we could have kicked easy FG to tie game and our d was playing good against them...McCarthey is responsible for at least 2 losses this year from sheer stupidity...this has nothing to do with Covid or injuries...plus many players who got kicked off team because they spoke up how crummy coaching was...never thought i would ever say..please bring Garrett back