Who is coaching us next year if Garrett is out

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Im talking about at the end of his tenure there. His system got stale and he was much less effective. He is thought of now as a coach that wont make the adjustments to keep his system updated
Rodgers is an A hole his own family disowned him. No one gets along with that dude.Mike would bounce back here perfectly much like Andy Reid did with the Chiefs after leaving Philadelphia.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Dan Mullen anyone?
he's on my wish-list of college guys.
fmr:
Bob Stoops
Urban Meyer

current:
Nick Saban
Lincoln Riley
Jim Harbaugh
Tom Herman
Bryan Harson
Chris Peterson
Kirby Smart
Bryan Kelly
Les Miles
Dan Mullen

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
he's on my wish-list of college guys.
fmr:
Bob Stoops
Urban Meyer

current:
Nick Saban
Lincoln Riley
Jim Harbaugh
Tom Herman
Bryan Harson
Chris Peterson
Kirby Smart
Bryan Kelly
Les Miles
Dan Mullen
Stoops... interesting.
Herman just seems more like an NFL guy to me.
Interesting.

Corso

Reaction score
last time we hired a Texas Longhorn named Tom....worked out really well....for a LONG time.
I honestly think Herman is mentally built more for the NFL than college, but he's darn good at the college game.
He's a bit Belichickian in his approach.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I honestly think Herman is mentally built more for the NFL than college, but he's darn good at the college game.
He's a bit Belichickian in his approach.
as a Sooner fan I have 0 problem saying this ....Tom Herman is a damn good football coach.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rodgers is an A hole his own family disowned him. No one gets along with that dude.Mike would bounce back here perfectly much like Andy Reid did with the Chiefs after leaving Philadelphia.
Maybe, but I would prefer going in a different direction.

Wont argue McCarthy's accomplishments, he is a definitely a possible HOFer. Nor his friction with Rodgers. However, a coach that was seen as out of touch towards the end of his GB tenure isnt someone I would want to bank on

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Did this guy coach up middling guys up to bad-A's, or did he ride the wave of their talent while simply nurturing against mostly inferior competition?

Yes and he also makes his offense QB friendly. I mean look at Jalen Hurts now compared to his days at Alabama. It’s not even close. I think Riley is a rare find and would be a perfect fit in the NFL.

Corso

Reaction score
Kellen Moore
giphy.gif

kwcool619

Reaction score
Meyer intrigues me but he’s never coached in the NFL. Plus I’m afraid his health issues would resurface.

Lincoln Riley hasn’t even been a college head coach long and has never coached in the NFL but the dude can coach some offense and of paired with the right DC could be a homerun hire.

One name to keep an eye on is Jim Harbaugh. There’s been reports he may want out of Michigan at years end and wants to return to the NFL. Yea he’s a strange dude but he’s won as a head coach on the NFL and coached his team to the SB.

If I had my choice of the guys above I’d go Harbaugh. But all three would be solid hires. But will Jerry go all in on this hire or hire a lesser name such as a Roman, Campbell or Defellipo? Or try to capture some Pats magic and go after McDaniels? Will be interesting to see but one thing for sure Red is all but gone. And for that we can all rejoice as the end is near!

Could have had either Harbaugh (Jim or John) coaching this team like 5 years ago.