Who is coaching us next year if Garrett is out

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Does it really matter at this point? What real coach will want to deal with that crazy old man meddling and acting like a football guy? Jerry is a joke who got lucky hiring Jimmy. If Jimmy knew what it was going to be like dealing with Jerry then he probably doesn’t take the job. Jerry was an unknown then.

quickccc

Reaction score
It’s Richard. My reasoning is they like Moore as OC....hire Richard and you keep Moore as OC and keep Richard as DC by making him head coach. They will hire from within.

Ditto here too.
i think its' gonna be a hire from within ...
That's where i would say ..right off, because there are some assistatnt coaches here that Jerry will be wanting to maintain such as Kellen Moore, Jon Kitna, Columbo
and Mussenheimer so i could see Kris Richards getting the HC nod ..or even gambling with novice Kellen Moore the head coaching nod. .
. WHY ?

Dak Prescott .. they really infatuated with how he's developed under Kitna/Moore.. and they will not want to chance dsirupting that under a new, different regime
especially one that only excelled on college level only. ..

Now some coaching issues are simply going to have to change... ala Rod Marinelli..dude does some bizarre change ups and rotations when the going gets tough and in crunch time that is ridiculous (Sitting his two best pass rushers Phillips and Dlaw out in final drives and red zones ??!!) ...and i'm sick to death of that slant and one gap run scheme that rides DTs out of plays and preference of quick twitch over brute and brawn, and teams simply out physical us
ditto with - special teams. LBs coach..

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Going for the field goal instead of a first down while in the red zone at the end of the game says EVERYTHING about this coaching staff. The earlier one in the fourth quarter was really bad, but this one was a terrible decision.

I'll be happy with Urban or LR.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I wonder if Romo wants to be a Puppet?

the Jones family turned their back on him and put their chips in with Garrett/Dak. Why would he ever come and work for this family again and become the whipping boy when something goes wrong again like he was for years here.

He took all the blame forever then got kicked out essentially. Not that he would ever coach anyway but he certainly wouldn't do it here.

seamus18

Reaction score
My worst nightmare is that, like everyone else, I’m hoping for either Urban Meyer or Lincoln Riley and it winds up being Rod Marinelli. Wouldn’t that be fun?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Going for the field goal instead of a first down while in the red zone at the end of the fame says EVERYTHING about this coaching staff. The earlier one in the fourth quarter was really bad, but this one was terrible.

I'll be happy with Urban or LR.
Sure. But who really believes they’ll want to come here?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ditto here too.
i think its' gonna be a hire from within ...
That's where i would say ..right off, because there are some assistatnt coaches here that Jerry will be wanting to maintain such as Kellen Moore, Jon Kitna, Columbo
and Mussenheimer so i could see Kris Richards getting the HC nod ..or even gambling with novice Kellen Moore the head coaching nod. .
. WHY ?

Dak Prescott .. they really infatuated with how he's developed under Kitna/Moore.. and they will not want to chance dsirupting that under a new, different regime
especially one that only excelled on college level only. ..

Now some coaching issues are simply going to have to change... ala Rod Marinelli..dude does some bizarre change ups and rotations when the going gets tough and in crunch time that is ridiculous (Sitting his two best pass rushers Phillips and Dlaw out in final drives and red zones ??!!) ...and i'm sick to death of that slant and one gap run scheme that rides DTs out of plays and preference of quick twitch over brute and brawn, and teams simply out physical us
ditto with - special teams. LBs coach..
I been wanting Maranelli to go the minute Kiffin left. I never wanted any part of them.

vlad

Reaction score
Someone on this forum brought up Greg Roman, the Baltimore oc I believe. Thought that was a interesting pick

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My worst nightmare is that, like everyone else, I’m hoping for either Urban Meyer or Lincoln Riley and it winds up being Rod Marinelli. Wouldn’t that be fun?
The only upside would be watching BTB, and uber homers like Joey Ikes and KD Drummond spin this as some great thing

MikeB80

Reaction score

marinelli will retire at the end of the year. This is it for him.