Who is coaching us next year if Garrett is out

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Let’s assume a Named HC would want to come here.

Why do we think Jerry is ready to give up his passion to gain more credit than his HC?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Why do people think Urban Meyer would make a good NFL coach? Better than Garrett no doubt. Nick Saban wasn’t a good NFL coach
I don't know that they are. Think it's more because Urban said it was a job he would have to take and he is currently unemployed so there are no issues getting him out of a contract. Attractive factors in a candidate. So, a strong possibility to be hired not that he might be successful.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not sure all fans are prepared to face the reality or simply won’t accept Jerry doesn’t want to win bad enough to bring in a great HC candidate?

He’s intent on proving he can win it without a HC like Jimmy receiving more credit than him.

RamziD

Reaction score
Heck, the 49ers DC may be one to try to steal after all. If not for HC, at least pay him more to be DC. He’s worked under Carroll and Gus Bradley, and a lot of hype about him being one of the top, young up-and-comers. If we’re poaching from SF, might as well go after their ST coach as well.

https://www.49ers.com/team/coaches-roster/

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Maybe he realizes he's old wants another sb before he croaks.
You’d think but I’d bet he thinks he’s close to finally proving he can do it without a great HC.

Why would he concede now after all of these years?

I’m not convinced Jerry wants to win bad enough to get out of the way.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
My guess...Ron Rivera.

He's mild-mannered, so Jerry would be comfortable with him. Could see him working with KM.

They could maybe get Norv as a consultant if he didn't want to pursue another OC job. Assuming if Ron is available, he'll be available too.

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
You’d think but I’d bet he thinks he’s close to finally proving he can do it without a great HC.

Why would he concede now after all of these years?

I’m not convinced Jerry wants to win bad enough to get out of the way.
Not saying he will but maybe he realizes he doesn't have a whole lot of time left and changes his view.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not saying he will but maybe he realizes he doesn't have a whole lot of time left and changes his view.
Then your assuming he wants to win bad enough to give up the credit he’s been pursuing since Jimmy left.

I hope your right but I’d bet my left nut against it.

Fredbeard

Reaction score
Norman dale
Eric Taylor
Garry gaines
Sam winters
Tony damato

Last edited:

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Heck, the 49ers DC may be one to try to steal after all. If not for HC, at least pay him more to be DC. He’s worked under Carroll and Gus Bradley, and a lot of hype about him being one of the top, young up-and-comers. If we’re poaching from SF, might as well go after their ST coach as well.

https://www.49ers.com/team/coaches-roster/

You beat me to it. Robert Saleh. Young, intelligent, obviously a very intelligent defensive mind.

I am a firm believer in letting a head coach pick his staff, but I agree with those that think that Jerry will want the new coach to keep Moore and Kitna because of the strides that Dak has made this year.