Who is going to miss the Jerry Jones/Jason Garrett era?

Big_D

Reaction score
Ill miss the good memories but im ready for a change. People expecting anything different with Jerry as owner still are crazy though. Jerry runs the team and makes the calls.

Jerry doesn't manage games. Garrett was pure garbage in that area. And the reason for plenty of key losses. Xs and Os are real, clock management is real and Garrett sucked. Plus the entire evaluation process. No faith in that at all while he was here. These 2 coaches aren't the same. Jerry with Garrett was exactly what you expected it to be. Jerry with McCarthy can be much better.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jason Harris opportunities. He let them slip. Just like Tony. Prescott had one opportunity. One play Byron Jones. Green Bay wins. I know you can’t put a game on one plate but. I’m not gonna know what we have until we have it. LOL. I do know this. Jason Garrett fizzled

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry doesn't manage games. Garrett was pure garbage in that area. And the reason for plenty of key losses. Xs and Os is real clock management is real and Garrett sucked. Plus the entire evaluation process. No faith in that at all while he was here. These 2 coaches aren't the same. Jerry with Garrett was exactly what you expected it to be. Jerry with McCarthy can be much better.
Yeah but did Jason get to choose a zone position managers. Special teams worst in the league. Who are those coaches. Who hired them

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had just as much hope that the Garrett/Jones era would work as I do that the McCarthy/Jones era will work. I never rooted against Garrett. But at the end, it was certainly time for a change.

Obviously, the Garrett/Jones era was disappointing. But no more so than the Gailey/Jones era, the Campo/Jones era, the Parcells/Jones era and the Phillips/Jones era. That's a lot of disappointing "eras" for fans to endure. But with the numerator remaining the same for the McCarthy/Jones era, I'm going to temper my expectations, thank you very much.
The common denominator in all eras of disappointment seems to be the name “Jones”, lol. What a surprise.

Big_D

Reaction score
Yeah but did Jason get to choose a zone position managers. Special teams worst in the league. Who are those coaches. Who hired them

A coach who has been here 13 years has input. There's many areas where Garretts teams sucked and it always someone else's fault. The beauty is that should stop right now. Cause it stops at Mike McCarthy as it should. Not some scapegoat trying to buy more time for a coach who can never get over the hump.. no matter how many assistants he blows through.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
With the 2020 NFL Draft right around the corner and the start of a new coaching era for the Dallas Cowboys, who is going to miss the Jerry Jones/Jason Garrett era? Please raise your hand or hit the 'like' button.

20200417-151637.jpg

:laugh:

That's and easy one: idgit, Diehardblues, Dre11

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Right now one can only hope the MM era is better. But bringing back less talent on both offense and defense doesn't suggest we make some magical leap. Even with an expanded playoffs it's likely we watching from home and not making the dance.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
People here will never give Garrett credit for putting a top offense on the field year in and year out with a UDFA QB and a 4th round QB.

Yeah he had problems as a HC and had to go, but don’t act like he was the worst possible case at HC. Things could be sooo much worse.

He’s still the most successful head coach you’ve had since the Clinton administration.

lwehlers

Reaction score
I am going to miss those amazing combacks but only to come up short at the end of a game to lose a close one. then we get to hear the press conference after the game in which garrett says the cowboys play hard and should have started the game better but ran out of time at the end of the game and how proud he was in the team.

Big_D

Reaction score
Right now one can only hope the MM era is better. But bringing back less talent on both offense and defense doesn't suggest we make some magical leap. Even with an expanded playoffs it's likely we watching from home and not making the dance.

A better long term plan starts right now. We weren't there last year either. What leap? It needs to be an improvement from top to bottom. The leap is in team philosophy and coaching. Drafting well, scheming towards the talent and an overall sweep of how this team operated beforehand. Not just a position by position comparison.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
I would like to ask Mr Jerrah Jones this, The Dallas defense was middle of the pack last year both pass and run defense, they somehow were able to finish #11 overall, but how will next years defense be better when:
1) The team lost 15 sacks between Quinn and Bennett leaving.
2) They also lost their #1 cornerback in Byron Jones.
3)All 3 starting linebackers have injury issues.

Jerry is alot like former owner George Steinbrenner who interferred year after year while the Yankees never won, then he hired a REAL GM and guess what, they started winning championships again. Unfortunately, JJ has always said he would be a "hands on owner"
Until he loses his ego and does what Steinbrenner did years ago, this team wont see another Super Bowl anytime soon.
Jerrah would rather lose "His way" than win "someone else's way". 25 plus years is the proof.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Five years from now after our fat head coach has led us to multiple Lombardi's, the answers will change.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I personally love Jerry Jones. Gonna be a very sad day when he is gone.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Five years from now after our fat head coach has led us to multiple Lombardi's, the answers will change.
fat boy had one of the greatest QBs to ever play... how many Lombardis does he have? And you think he will win multiple with Dak?