Who is going to miss the Jerry Jones/Jason Garrett era?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Absolutely true
Tony had the best of everything.The only thing you didn’t have was calm under pressure Exactly the reason why didn’t give him his job back . And I’m a fan of Tony. But the reality is

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Tony had the best of everything.The only thing you didn’t have was calm under pressure Exactly the reason why didn’t give him his job back . And I’m a fan of Tony. But the reality is

Lol the best of everything? Wow just wow. I guess average and below Average, rbs, olines and defenses most of his career is everything. Come on man. Did he cost Dallas sometimes sure he did. He was a gunslinger.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
wont miss of second of the clown and his staff he wasted a lot of talent was never successful in the playoffs never won a divisional playoff game 2019 under him was a dumpster fire

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
With the 2020 NFL Draft right around the corner and the start of a new coaching era for the Dallas Cowboys, who is going to miss the Jerry Jones/Jason Garrett era? Please raise your hand or hit the 'like' button.

20200417-151637.jpg

:laugh:
Jason will miss it most.

A free ride..

multi-millionaire run

National Press coverage..

Free lunches at the Star..

Huge B-Day party each year..

Cowboys gasoline card..

Free gym membership..

Free Ranger tickets..

Free Mavericks tickets..

Free Dallas Star tickets..

Free massages from the DCC..

He going to miss living under Jerrah's roof for a decade.

I know I would.

Jerrah is going to be getting a Happy New Year card for life from Garrett.

kskboys

Reaction score
I would like to ask Mr Jerrah Jones this, The Dallas defense was middle of the pack last year both pass and run defense, they somehow were able to finish #11 overall, but how will next years defense be better when:
1) The team lost 15 sacks between Quinn and Bennett leaving.
2) They also lost their #1 cornerback in Byron Jones.
3)All 3 starting linebackers have injury issues.

Jerry is alot like former owner George Steinbrenner who interferred year after year while the Yankees never won, then he hired a REAL GM and guess what, they started winning championships again. Unfortunately, JJ has always said he would be a "hands on owner"
Until he loses his ego and does what Steinbrenner did years ago, this team wont see another Super Bowl anytime soon.
Jerrah would rather lose "His way" than win "someone else's way". 25 plus years is the proof.
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....He just hired a legit NFL HC and let him pick his staff.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yup, w/ that 32nd ranked D and bottom 5 OL.

SSoup

Reaction score
I'll tell you whether I miss the Garrett era once we know how good or bad the drafting is during the McCarthy era. The competent drafting was the whole selling point of Garrett once it became clear he was nothing special as an actual coach.

The fact that 50% of Jerry's coaching hires lead to team-killing declines in drafting (as seen during the Switzer, Campo, and Wade eras) that undermined any strides the team might have made thanks to the schemes or leadership of the new coach, that's the whole reason I was fine with keeping Garrett around so we'd at least draft well enough to have a puncher's chance of catching lightning in a bottle and maybe having it go somewhere, even if it was almost by accident.

It doesn't matter how much better a coach or leader McCarthy is if it turns out he doesn't know the magic words it'll take to talk Jerry down when he's about to kill us with a dumb Johnny Manziel or Paxton Lynch decision. If the drafting goes in the crapper like it did with half of the coaching hires, we'll crash and burn and die on the side of the road even if McCarthy is a better coach than Jason in a vacuum.

Batman1980

Reaction score
That means no safeties, wide receivers, linebackers or cornerbacks in the 1st round.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
and lots of coaches won their 1 super bowl to never be heard from again. Doesnt mean you are some great coach.... means your team had some luck, played well, and had a nice run. That does not make a GREAT coach.

Agree, some great coaches never win one BUT was just replying to the poster's question, he asked.

cowboygo

Reaction score
Wonder how long it will take for folks to start blaming the new coach?

Not long I'll wager.
Not long! Excuses will be lined up for him, that he needs to bring in his own players, Garrett's stench remains, etc. I am not gonna miss the Jerry/Garrett era at all. Team couldn't handle a 1st place schedule, ever.