Who is our 3rd QB? Teams may now carry three QB's

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don’t understand what’s the chances of 2 guys getting hurt? Yeah I get it happened with the 49ers but I mean it wouldn’t have changed the outcome.

Mr_437

Reaction score

Now there should really be a solid competition for QB3...by that I mean Cowboys should get Grier some comp.

conner01

Reaction score
Probably a few teams put QB3 on the 53 and leave him there throughout the season. Other teams will have QB on the PS during non-game days...but he must be moved up to the 53 to be allowed to become the emegency QB during a game --thus another player moves down as you stated.
Can’t you move some vets down without going through waivers now? You wouldnt want to expose a player to getting claimed

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
stars are aligning for the comeback of Jeff "Captain America" Heath to save the franchise.

Motorola

Reaction score
Can’t you move some vets down without going through waivers now? You wouldnt want to expose a player to getting claimed
I just scanned the PS rules from an article last summer; teams can protect up to four players each week during the regular season.

Jarntt

Reaction score
But can he be on practice squad? Otherwise he would take up a spot on 53
This is what I was wondering. We likely were only having 2 QBs on the 53. If it can be a PS player it helps us, if not we need a 3rd QB on the 53.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I don’t understand what’s the chances of 2 guys getting hurt? Yeah I get it happened with the 49ers but I mean it wouldn’t have changed the outcome.
True, but inserting Purdy back into the game only exposed him to further injury. And in a future game it may well affect the outcome. Imagine the outcry if we were playing the Eagles in the playoffs and this happened. The board would explode with a 30 page thread that would somehow have 50% blame Dak for the loss and the other 50% blame everyone but Dak.

Jarntt

Reaction score
This is what I was wondering. We likely were only having 2 QBs on the 53. If it can be a PS player it helps us, if not we need a 3rd QB on the 53.
I guess this answers it. Has to be on the 53 man roster

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
True, but inserting Purdy back into the game only exposed him to further injury. And in a future game it may well affect the outcome. Imagine the outcry if we were playing the Eagles in the playoffs and this happened. The board would explode with a 30 page thread that would somehow have 50% blame Dak for the loss and the other 50% blame everyone but Dak.
Maybe I’m misunderstanding….how would this rule have helped 49ers…..

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure some posters would absolutely melt if our 3rd QB was this guy...

Wince :muttley:

Screenshot-20230522-155519-Instagram.jpg

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Maybe I’m misunderstanding….how would this rule have helped 49ers…..
They could have had another QB waiting to come in. Maybe it would have been a vet playing out his career, maybe a reject scrub, but anything would have been better than what they had to do. Sure, the crap birds were going to win anyway, but at least Purdy wouldn't have had to go back in the game. Who knows, maybe Hurts gets injured and Mishnew gets tossed into the fire against that defense. It's just better to be prepared IMO.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They could have had another QB waiting to come in. Maybe it would have been a vet playing out his career, maybe a reject scrub, but anything would have been better than what they had to do. Sure, the crap birds were going to win anyway, but at least Purdy wouldn't have had to go back in the game. Who knows, maybe Hurts gets injured and Mishnew gets tossed into the fire against that defense. It's just better to be prepared IMO.
But whoever it was would’ve been worse than Josh Johnson right?