Who is our 3rd QB? Teams may now carry three QB's

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The new rule allows for QB3 to be immediately be activated if QB1 and QB2 can't play during the course of a game.
Basically --- QB3, if needed, becomes a 47th "active" player, even though he was on the inactive list at the start of the game.

QB3 will have to be on your 53 roster leading up to the game.
Yep.
You get an extra active player on gameday *if* you carry 3 QBs on your 53 man roster and *choose* to make 2 of them active on game day.

"It's a passing league."

Just more No Fun League, IMO.

Much more *interesting* to have a team have to finish a game w/o a QB. That's a game I want to watch. That's a game people will talk about.

They're killing a real story so teams can instead put a PS level QB on the field to lose. Meh.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
Not sure this moves the needle at all. The odds that you lose both qbs in a game are low, the odds that your 3rd string qb wins the game for you are much lower.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The playoffs changed another rule.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
The new rule allows for QB3 to be immediately be activated if QB1 and QB2 can't play during the course of a game.
Basically --- QB3, if needed, becomes a 47th "active" player, even though he was on the inactive list at the start of the game.

QB3 will have to be on your 53 roster leading up to the game.
So they still can’t bring in a fan out of the stands? Not even season ticket holders?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not sure this moves the needle at all. The odds that you lose both qbs in a game are low, the odds that your 3rd string qb wins the game for you are much lower.
It doesn’t I mean I have no issue with it but the league is overreacting based on what happened to San Fran.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
No it doesn’t lol. It means less money for owners. More money for players. Why is it less for Dak and Zeke but not less for Parsons or Burrow? Weird….
Sorry did not realize you had the Owners blessing and were redoing the entire CBA. My bad.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I believe players currently get 48% of revenue sharing profits. I am no mathemagician but if there are more players in the pool then each player would get less.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Why is it less for Dak and Zeke but not less for Parsons or Burrow? Weird….
Parsons is on a rookie deal. He is currently getting hosed. Burrow either makes the super bowl of loses to the Chiefs every year. Zeke is a fat little greedy pig who got paid and quit on his team. Dak is a greed monster who builds his resume on regular season stats.