Who is still rooting for losses?

droopdog7

Reaction score
Its funny, I do not root for this team to lose, period. But what I enjoy the most is seeing them compete to the best of their ability. I would rather see a less talented team finish the season 5-11 but play their butts off (and with discipline), over a team with all the talent in the world waste said talent. They do that and I know they understand what it means to wear the star, and I respect the effort. I get frustrated with the bad play calling, poor execution, and poor effort that has happened too often this season.

Do I want a Superbowl? Sure. Why wouldn't I? I will root for them to get there. Doesn't mean at the same time I shouldn't wish for changes that would improve the team. Whatever happens, happens.

This team, from the coaches on down, has underachieved all season. That is what makes it not fun for me. That said, I am ecstatic that they finally won two in a row and appear to be turning the corner. They can always start to play up to that potential that we all see they have. Here is to hoping they do so.

But at the end of the day, don't tell me after 40 years of being a fan, how I should be a fan. I was one when we won 3 Superbowls in 4 years and was just as much one when we went 1-15.
I’m not telling you how to be a fan. I’m telling you what kind of a fan you are. And yeah, I got 40 years too.

droopdog7

Reaction score
Long term, if you're voting for Garrett, you're voting for losses. Losses today can mean a lot more wins tomorrow.
This is the nfl. Long term don’t mean squat. Besides, you think Jerry is going to make the right decision next time and stay out of the way? Rooting for garret to get fired just so jerry can hire someone else is about as silly as it gets.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
The more we win means the Raiders get a worse pick from us. Should help to take the sting out of not having a first rounder.

Hardline

Reaction score
The more we win means the Raiders get a worse pick from us. Should help to take the sting out of not having a first rounder.
That high second round pick sure could help this team. Thats the sweet spot for a good TE.

kevm3

Reaction score
I'd prefer to lose and get a new head coach.

Us making the playoffs is only going to give Jerry an excuse to keep garrett around for 10 more years.

This is a team that will get spanked by the likes of the Saints, the Patriots, the Chiefs or the Rams unless there is a miracle by God.

GenoT

Reaction score
Announce yourselves! If you aren't fully on board, you're rooting for losses. If you're conflicted by wins because you want Garret/Linehan/Dak to fail, then you're rooting for losses. If you're thinking about draft position, you're rooting for losses.

And I know this team hasn't won anything and can still fall short of the goal. But I'll be damned if I"m going to root for anything but wins, however they come. And if you are rooting for losses, then you don't get to enjoy the season, I'm sorry.

Not really a call-out thread, right?
:muttley::facepalm:

kevm3

Reaction score
We've had a decade of Garrett flushing HISTORICALLY GREAT cowboys talent down the drain. Remember when Ware was washed up and being overpaid until he went to Denver and won a superbowl? Martellus Bennett was the problem until he went to the Patriots and won a superbowl? How about Demarco Murray having the best rushing season for a cowboys runningback? How about the best kickiner in cowboys history Dan Bailey getting used up? How about one of the best TEs in the game getting his career wasted in Jason Witten? How about Romo getting his career wasted? Dez Bryant? Now we have another historically great cowboys running back and we might very well dump his career down the drain too. Let's not forget LVE, who is looking like one of the best linebackers the cowboys have had in a very very long time... we also have legion of boom orchestrater Kris Richard and yet the offense is so inconsistent that we're 8 and 8. Garrett and Linehan, imo give off the impressions of being slackers. They only put in hard work when their butt is on the hot seat, and as soon as things cool off, they go back to coasting. Meanwhile, the defense looks sharp game in and game out. We could very well run Richard off and be stuck with more 8 and 8 and less seasons. I'm sorry, I'm ready for this to end and to move on.