Who is still rooting for losses?

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Announce yourselves! If you aren't fully on board, you're rooting for losses. If you're conflicted by wins because you want Garret/Linehan/Dak to fail, then you're rooting for losses. If you're thinking about draft position, you're rooting for losses.

And I know this team hasn't won anything and can still fall short of the goal. But I'll be damned if I"m going to root for anything but wins, however they come. And if you are rooting for losses, then you don't get to enjoy the season, I'm sorry.

I am conflicted because of Garret and Dak! Here is an article that sums up the Atlanta game.

Leave it to the Dallas Cowboys to engage in a defensive battle with the Atlanta Falcons. Practically every game the Falcons have played this season has been a shootout. They have one of the NFL's most explosive offenses, but with star defenders like Keanu Neal and Deion Jones out, they typically aren't able to slow down anyone. This game therefore seemed like a perfect opportunity for the Cowboys to get their offense going and build momentum after a big win over the Philadelphia Eagles, but it took them over a half to get their offense going. They scored only three points in the first half. They followed that up with 19 in the second, and they needed every one of them to secure a victory.

The Cowboys are now back to .500. With the injury suffered by Alex Smith and the Eagles playing in New Orleans against the Saints, they now seem to control the NFC East. Things are looking up for the Cowboys, and the media covering the game gave them credit for that. Here is what they had to say following the big win.

Prescott did not play well in this game. Let's get that out of the way. But he was clearly injured, and he kept fighting. Quarterbacks with ankle issues generally don't make big plays with their legs, but in addition to his touchdown, Prescott earned a big first down on a read-option run as well. He may not be a star, but he is a fighter.

The Cowboys are missing practically an entire starting lineup today. No Sean Lee. No David Irving. No Taco Charlton. They are not remotely at full strength. If they win today, it will be a sign that their depth has improved significantly over the course of the season.

Drives that go for over 80 yards on 14 plays are rare. They need to be taken advantage of. The Cowboys don't have that many opportunities to score touchdowns. They missed a big one when Cole Beasley dropped an easy touchdown catch. That not only cost the Cowboys four points, but quite a bit of momentum as well.

The blocking is partially responsible for this, but Dak Prescott has not been able to set his feet and make basic throws so far in this game. Ezekiel Elliott has been the basis of the offense as Prescott continues to make some questionable throws, including a floater that was nearly intercepted to Beasley.

Prescott is trying to play hero ball in a game in which his defense has starred. He is trying to turn plays that should be throwaways into too much and it is resulting in big risks and, at the end of one Dallas drive, a sack. Elliott is playing very well. The Cowboys need to lean on him, not try to win through the air. Prescott needs to know that.

There's bad coaching, and then there's lazy coaching. The former is forgivable. The latter is not. Jason Garrett could have let the Cowboys throw a hail mary on their final play of the half, and they were in conceivable distance to do it. But he chose to just let the half end. It's not as though the Cowboys were likely to score, but not even trying is downright lazy.

Prescott is obviously physically compromised. He was taped up in the second half, and Dallas' play-calling show that he was not at 100 percent. But that doesn't excuse his poor decision-making in this game. The Cowboys are operating under a "three yards and a cloud of dust" philosophy today.

As a general rule, good things happen for the Cowboys when Dak Prescott runs the ball. When his ankle got taped up earlier in the game, it looked like that wasn't going to be a real option for the Cowboys. But Prescott gave the Cowboys the lead on a run, setting up one of the most predictive stats for the Cowboys possible.

What makes this all precipitously worse is how careful the Cowboys were with Lee going into the 2018 season, sitting him during OTAs and minicamp to prevent any injuries. That alone carried an ominous tone for what's now his present state, because if a football player needs to be cradled like a Faberge egg, it's time to discuss their ability to continue playing such a physically demanding game. That unavoidable conversation has now arrived with the heat of a thousand suns, melting away narratives of supposed loyalty and revealing the ugly truth beneath the porcelain mask.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...A-BE-20-12-57-DD-6E181119_123346DallasCowboys

irishline

Reaction score
Announce yourselves! If you aren't fully on board, you're rooting for losses. If you're conflicted by wins because you want Garret/Linehan/Dak to fail, then you're rooting for losses. If you're thinking about draft position, you're rooting for losses.

And I know this team hasn't won anything and can still fall short of the goal. But I'll be damned if I"m going to root for anything but wins, however they come. And if you are rooting for losses, then you don't get to enjoy the season, I'm sorry.

Its funny, I do not root for this team to lose, period. But what I enjoy the most is seeing them compete to the best of their ability. I would rather see a less talented team finish the season 5-11 but play their butts off (and with discipline), over a team with all the talent in the world waste said talent. They do that and I know they understand what it means to wear the star, and I respect the effort. I get frustrated with the bad play calling, poor execution, and poor effort that has happened too often this season.

Do I want a Superbowl? Sure. Why wouldn't I? I will root for them to get there. Doesn't mean at the same time I shouldn't wish for changes that would improve the team. Whatever happens, happens.

This team, from the coaches on down, has underachieved all season. That is what makes it not fun for me. That said, I am ecstatic that they finally won two in a row and appear to be turning the corner. They can always start to play up to that potential that we all see they have. Here is to hoping they do so.

But at the end of the day, don't tell me after 40 years of being a fan, how I should be a fan. I was one when we won 3 Superbowls in 4 years and was just as much one when we went 1-15.

Last edited:

Dallasfann

Reaction score
The Cowboys fan base is one of the worst in sports. Me....I'll let everyone else complain about things we have no control over and I'll root for wins no matter who's coaching or playing QB. I'm not saying either are my favorite but what's the point in rooting against them when I have no say in who will replace them, or if they are even replaced. If we go 7-9 and make the playoffs then sign me up baby... Let's go shock the world.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I don't root for losses, but if someone does have that point of view, it's not my place to tell them they're wrong, or that they're not "real fans". Everyone has an opinion on how this team should be run. Until someone steps up and proves their way is the only way, an opinion is all you've got.

sulu1701

Reaction score
I don't see anyway they can keep Dak and Linehan. They need to get the QB friendliest OC that can find and probably should have brought in Turner when he was available.
Norv would definitely know what to do with this offense

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
My unmitigated hatred for Jason Carrott the coach, is always overwhelmed by my desire for the Cowboys to win each and every week.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I have always put 100% of my energy into rooting for Dallas Cowboys' victories and 0% into anything else.

Do not care what other teams' wins and losses mean for Dallas. It was meant to be if Dallas did not take care of its own business.

Do not care for fantasy guarantees. "If Dallas loses we get a higher draft!" What if the pick is a dud? "Don't care! I love fantasy football!" :rolleyes:

The act of rooting is an intangible expression of self-fulfillment. That's it. Why anyone thinks rooting means more than that outside of disrupting an opponent's timing or inspiring your own team IN PERSON is... well... insane.

plymkr

Reaction score
I appreciate this topic cuz the last two weeks some idiot fan/poster was running around the forum saying that he wants Dallas to go like 0-16 for 3 years to break Jerry's spirit. Wow, I think his username is player or plymkr or something. Don't be too hard on him guys cuz word on the street is he is a really attractive guy, a passionate Cowboys fan and he loves Star Wars.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I appreciate this topic cuz the last two weeks some idiot fan/poster was running around the forum saying that he wants Dallas to go like 0-16 for 3 years to break Jerry's spirit. Wow, I think his username is player or plymkr or something. Don't be too hard on him guys cuz word on the street is he is a really attractive guy, a passionate Cowboys fan and he loves Star Wars.
:laugh::thumbup:

PS Kylo sucks. :p

Number1

Reaction score
"Who is still rooting for losses?"

the Boys are a .500 team .... were aren't losers at the moment ... with a young team and 6 games to play ... I'm amazed some people want to be losers

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Three W's in 12 days can turn a season around real quick

Aven8

Reaction score
He should have been sent packing with Alexander whom he picked!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Long term, if you're voting for Garrett, you're voting for losses. Losses today can mean a lot more wins tomorrow.