Who is the ideal head coach for this team?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
me....

seriously....
i think i speak for all fans who would only be happy if they were the coach.

all this crying about wade just cracks me up.

the same exact people who hated bp's hard-butt act now hate wade's player's coach mentality... only they can truly make the right moves....

wade is the right coach if we win a super bowl.
if we dont he isn't.
doesn't matter if he is a nice guy or a hateful tub o lard.
just matters if he wins or not.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Sarge;2314021 said:
I'd like to steal Jeff Fisher.
me too. also Cowher would turn this team into the beast it can be same with holmgren imo.

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
Is anyone keeping score???
Fisher is a pretty good coach that is flavor of the month since Titans are the surprise team, if the 9er's, Cardinals, Bears, Bucs, etc. were 5-0 their coaches would be everyones favorite, Cowher got out on top so he's a darling, I just want our current coaches to coach up to what was expected.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2313966 said:
cowher.jpg
haha yea gotta go with this guy. He could help bring that toughness that we lack and obviously has proven that he knows how to take his team to win the SB! Cowher would be the most liked coach we have had since Jimmy by the fans i mean. He is a great coach and would bring stability to the team!

To those that ive seen say Jeff Fisher you guys dont really want him. Dont get me wrong he is a great coach but he is a very conservative coach and people wouldnt have the patience for that here. On offense and defense he is very conservative and with the players we got his style wouldnt fit with our players, we would just continue to use them the same as we do now. Although if he was able to bring Haynesworth with him then he would be a fantastic choice! :laugh2:

Reaction score
Those people who are upset about the topic, should, I think, chill out. It is not an indictment of Wade to ask about who, in a perfect world, would you hand pick to coach this team right now. Clearly, Wade's record shows that he was a very good fit for the team's chemistry and coaching needs when he was hired. That is true, and I still hold out hope that he can win a Super Bowl for us. But it is naive to think that Phillips, who was hired when almost every other coaching spot was filled thanks to the Tuna's late exit, is the very best fit overall. It's an interesting question to consider, I think.
IMO, it depends if you mean for the long term or short term. Short term, Gruden. He can do more with less talent than anyone. Fisher is doing great in that regard, too, but I really have been more impressed over the long haul with Gruden's ability to do that year in and year out. He has fire and a great offensive mind. However, as has been famously noted, he stinks at "buying groceries"--so long-term we'd need someone with a better eye for talent helping out ole Jerry and keeping it stocked. A coach who is very good at both--Belichick. But he and JJ would not get along, I guess.
Just my opinions.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2313961 said:
Lots of dislike of Wade. And it wouldn't matter if he won the SB tomorrow, the dislike will still be there.

So of the current coaches in the league, including those unemployed, but want to coach, and the latest hot candidates who's your ideal coach to get this team over the hump and why?

Just curious...

When I watch our defense play, I don't believe it's Wade's fault -- he did a lot of nice things with San Diego's talent, which isn't playing nearly as well under their new D coordinator.

No, it might be even worse. These guys might not be nearly as talented as we have all been led to believe. We DO have guys that are standing out on defense. The trouble is, one is a guy who is one slipup away from being suspended indefinitely (Pacman), one is an old MLB who we just picked up in the offseason (Zach Thomas) and one has already proven to be a dynamic player (Demarcus Ware).

Guys like Ratliff and Ellis also have their moments, but you have to start seriously questioning if a vast majority of our defensive players just aren't very good.

cml750

Reaction score
Who I want doesn't matter since JG will be the next head coach. What we need is a VERY aggressive defensive cooridinator to take the reigns when RED Ball is promoted. I would like to see someone bring in the old Buddy Ryan aggressive style of defense (maybe Rex). Since Norv Turner will probably be looking for a job next season then I would love to have him as an offensive coorinator under Red Ball since he is MUCH better in that position than head coach.