Who is the one player from an opposing team you grew to hate as an Cowboys fan?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Merton Hanks...
Yes, that was my answer in 2007 when the question came up on this board, and that is my answer today. There was nothing more awful than having merton hanks intercept and then do the chicken dance >.> going into the endzone. Those who haven't watched a game back in the day when he did that don't know...

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
T.O. before he became a Cowboy.

There were others, at different times of course.
Rodgers is one.

Any Steelers player.

That is my close second to merton hanks. :) all though George Teague hitting him the second time he placed the ball on the star made it all better, and earned Teague a place in Cowboys folk lore :)

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
60db69c8eaedf14b-odell-beckham-jr-madden-17-96-ovr-team-of-the-year.gif
Lol I love Odell... He's a circus clown with a jersey on, pure mindless entertainment...

Swagger

Reaction score
Sorry completely off topic but Lebron James is soooooooooooooooooooo good! The guy is incredible. Not bad for a 35 yr old :flagwave:

J817

Reaction score
WR Jimmy Smith of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Don’t get this one. Yea we had him but Jimmy found his place around 1997 which was the beginning of Troy’s down years. If we kept Jimmy he would have had to play with an old Troy, an old Randall Cunningham, a Quincy, a Clint etc...

My list
McNabb & TO combo - that one year.
Randy Moss - that one Thanksgiving game
Aaron Rodgers - his whole career

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Realize I’ve been a Cowboys fan since I was six in 1964...So here are my most hated opponents since I was a kid to now- most of them broke our Cowboy hearts at some point:
  • Bart Starr, Packers
  • Leroy Kelley- Browns
  • Diron Talbot- skins
  • Conrad Dobler- Cardinals
  • Lynn Swann- Steelers
  • Terry Bradshaw- Steelers
  • Joe Theismann- skins
  • Ron Jaworski- egirls
  • Wilbert Montgomery- egirls
  • Dexter Manley- skins
  • Eric Dickerson- Rams
  • Randall Cunningham- egirls
  • Joe Montana- 9ers
  • Merton Hanks- 9ers
  • Ricky Waters- 9ers
To be honest, after the late 90s, I can’t think of anyone like those above because we never had teams that I honestly felt were better than the best teams we lost to in the playoffs. It’s hard to have big enemies when your team isn’t awesome enough to make others hate you. The hate the Cowboys get from people nowadays is more about the past glory than anything else.