Who is the one player from an opposing team you grew to hate as an Cowboys fan?

Cebrin

Reaction score
**Don't forget to tell us why you hate them and try to KEEP IT FRIENDLY!

For me it was Randy Moss based soley on the fact we missed out on him, now he has a gold jacket...

14_8507909.jpg
Every player that didn't play for the Cowboys. However, I hate former Cowboys players that went, and got a chip elsewhere even more.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, Aaron Rodgers Should be everyone’s #1, so I’ll go with my #2:

Clay Friggin’ Matthews. The dude is the dirtiest player alive, even more so than Burfict or Suh, he just doesn’t get caught with it. He’s that sneaky, dirty, little cowardly rat type of player. Hate ‘em.

Honorable mention: Hines Ward.

It never set right with me that he was always looking to blindside someone every play. And then he’d have that ****-eating grin on his face about it while the opponent was concussed on the ground. I always wanted to see him get KTFO.

Swanny

Reaction score
**Don't forget to tell us why you hate them and try to KEEP IT FRIENDLY!

For me it was Randy Moss based soley on the fact we missed out on him, now he has a gold jacket...

14_8507909.jpg
Deion Sanders. Then grew to hate him even more when he became a Cowboy. Then even more when he was on TV

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
In no particular order: Joe Thiesman, Terry Bradshaw, Lynn Swann, Franco Harris, Joe Montana, Ron Jaworski, Phil Simms, Eli Manning, Steve Young, Dwight Clark, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Randall Cunningham, Dan Marino, Ray Lewis, Ken Stabler, John Elway, ........ I guess that is more than just one........ ;)

cowboyed

Reaction score
That Commanders weirdo tight end Chris Cooley who wore tight workout shorts and got in trouble for putting a picture of his wiener out on the the internet. He hated our team and always wanted to show us up. He looked like Nero and I don't doubt he fiddled when the Commanders burned.

cowboyed

Reaction score
That Commanders weirdo tight end Chris Cooley who wore tight workout shorts and got in trouble for putting a picture of his wiener out on the the internet. He hated our team and always wanted to show us up. He looked like Nero and I don't doubt he fiddled when the Commanders burned.

A close second was the Packers DT Reggie White with his arm club move and always whining about our offensive line tactics.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Realize I’ve been a Cowboys fan since I was six in 1964...So here are my most hated opponents since I was a kid to now- most of them broke our Cowboy hearts at some point:
  • Bart Starr, Packers
  • Leroy Kelley- Browns
  • Diron Talbot- skins
  • Conrad Dobler- Cardinals
  • Lynn Swann- Steelers
  • Terry Bradshaw- Steelers
  • Joe Theismann- skins
  • Ron Jaworski- egirls
  • Wilbert Montgomery- egirls
  • Dexter Manley- skins
  • Eric Dickerson- Rams
  • Randall Cunningham- egirls
  • Joe Montana- 9ers
  • Merton Hanks- 9ers
  • Ricky Waters- 9ers
To be honest, after the late 90s, I can’t think of anyone like those above because we never had teams that I honestly felt were better than the best teams we lost to in the playoffs. It’s hard to have big enemies when your team isn’t awesome enough to make others hate you. The hate the Cowboys get from people nowadays is more about the past glory than anything else.
I’m really confused and saddened by the definition of “hate “used this generation. Does that mean players we rooted against or players on opponents who frustrated the Cowboys.

Im not sure how as true fans of the game we could hate greats like Star, Montana , Swann and Dickerson for example. Watching them play was pure joy in the eyes of a fan regardless if we rooted against them.

I always want to watch the best of the game play even if they aren’t on our team. I guess I’ll never understand this “ hate” fans have of some of the greats to play the game.

I hate their teams, fans and root against them but the players are selected by the teams and at least initially have no say in where they play.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m really confused and saddened by the definition of “hate “used this generation. Does that mean players we rooted against or players on opponents who frustrated the Cowboys.

Im not sure how as true fans of the game we could hate greats like Star, Montana , Swann and Dickerson for example. Watching them play was pure joy in the eyes of a fan regardless if we rooted against them.

I always want to watch the best of the game play even if they aren’t on our team. I guess I’ll never understand this “ hate” fans have of some of the greats to play the game.

I hate their teams, fans and root against them but the players are selected by the teams and at least initially have no say in where they play.
There’s a big difference between hate and “sports hate”. The latter is not something I’ve ever taken serious. I have 4 adult children and 4 grandchildren and I find them all to be kinder than my generation by far. All this topic is to me is a fun list- not any kind of hate in a serious way.

Swagger

Reaction score
James is the pro athlete I hate the most at the moment.
Really, why is that? A lot of people do hate him - I just don't understand.

I respect a great sportsman but then I enjoy watching Aaron Rodgers play (not against us). I like Roger Federer, Tiger Woods, Lewis Hamilton, Ronnie O'Sullivan. The greats in their respective fields. I suppose some people just resent or are jealous of success.