Who is, who isn't doing their job?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
T. Williams did not cost us the game.

That one play ended up costing us the game.

I'm not sure which is worse, his refusal to use his hands to catch a ball OR the team's refusal to insist he improved these past 5 years.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Jaylon Smith could easily be (and that's not an exaggeration) the worst LB in the entire NFL. He's an enormous liability each and every snap he's on the field at this point.

And it's magnified infinitely when Lee is out.

I hate to say this. But I think he's as low rung as there is as an NFL starter right now. No question.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean the coaching staff seemed to be doing an excellent job of ball control, a time consuming end of game drove, chew up the clock. Then all of a sudden a pass to the endzone. Stops the clock.
Run the ball chew up more clock, as they came back to the run after that.
Yes GB could have used a time out, but it makes them use it.

Just yet another bad decision at a critical moment. Jave we ever had a decision at the right moment that proved to win a game...no I can't recall one.

I am usually positive and look at the brighter sides. But there are none, not at this point.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Tyrone Crawford was horrendous. Packers ran right at him all game long. Scrandrick isn't even nearly the issue that Crawford is because we couldn't stop the run with him in the game and then it forced the safeties and linebackers up and biting on run fakes.

YR
It says a lot when Crawford is considered one of the "leaders" on the defense, doesn't it?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I actually thought Jaylon played much better today. Tyrone Crawford is killing us out there. Far more of a liability than Jaylon.

YR
Better? Rewatch the tape later, YR. He doesn’t react to the blocks or first step. That’s why he NEVER makes a play in the backfield. There were plays when he wasn’t blocked but just couldn’t see what was happening. No acceleration, no explosion. The only play I saw him make was when they blitzed him right into the run. He doesn’t see the play coming, and when he does see it, he has no acceleration to get there. He is really really bad right now. I hope he can make it back.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
It says a lot when Crawford is considered one of the "leaders" on the defense, doesn't it?

He's living off his 2014 play and the times he's played with an injury. But, there's no reason for him to be this bad at stopping the run. He's an oversized DE and got killed out there.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Better? Rewatch the tape later, YR. He doesn’t react to the blocks or first step. That’s why he NEVER makes a play in the backfield. There were plays when he wasn’t blocked but just couldn’t see what was happening. No acceleration, no explosion. The only play I saw him make was when they blitzed him right into the run. He doesn’t see the play coming, and when he does see it, he has no acceleration to get there. He is really really bad right now. I hope he can make it back.

I did re-watch the game. I was rewinding and slow-motioning the entire game.

His problem isn't lack of acceleration, he has issues moving laterally, getting caught up in the wash and he tends to drop back too much. But if you watch him out there today, like I did, he was better. There was one play where the Packers ran the ball to Crawford's side for about 6 yards. Jaylon blew up the O-Linemen and did everything you could want out of a MIKE in that situation, but Crawford got destroyed and Wilber was nowhere to found.

He's got a long ways to go, but he was certainly better today. Our D-Line, particularly Crawford and Collins need to be much better.

YR

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Garrett doesn't call plays
He doesn't call plays and I didn't say that he did, but clock mgmt is his job, a large part of it on game day. It's also his job to oversee his staff and players and coach them what to do in certain situations. JG apologists like throwing out the "he doesn't call the plays" defense for him, whether it fits or not. He's the HC he is responsible.

JBS

Reaction score
He doesn't call plays and I didn't say that he did, but clock mgmt is his job, a large part of it on game day. It's also his job to oversee his staff and players and coach them what to do in certain situations. JG apologists like throwing out the "he doesn't call the plays" defense for him, whether it fits or not. He's the HC he is responsible.

He's definitely responsible for the team..but don't blame him for the play call..he's an offensive guy..his side of the ball has lost two games in a row while scoring 30+ points..let's fire the defensive guy..that sounds much smarter

mardwin

Reaction score
Not Doing their job amended:(CRawford, Dez, Select members of the OL, Collins where are you?....

I forgot Crawford he's 100% gone after this season. Collins struggles are due to poor coaching, why move a guy from who was successful at LG when you just lost your starting LG?

ThisBored

Reaction score
I actually thought Jaylon played much better today. Tyrone Crawford is killing us out there. Far more of a liability than Jaylon.

YR
I agree. Jaylon was better. He missed on a few tackles sure. But he was also more active around the line of scrimmage in this one. Tyrone Crawford is over paid for his production. He needs to be replaced.

ThisBored

Reaction score
I forgot Crawford he's 100% gone after this season. Collins struggles are due to poor coaching, why move a guy from who was successful at LG when you just lost your starting LG?
La'el hasnt been a liability the last 2 weeks. He is doing fine on the right side. And he was not great at LG. There was definitely room for improvement. The coaching staff did not hurt him or this offensive line moving him to RT. The smartest move made in the off season IMO.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
He's definitely responsible for the team..but don't blame him for the play call..he's an offensive guy..his side of the ball has lost two games in a row while scoring 30+ points..let's fire the defensive guy..that sounds much smarter
He's the HC, he's paid to manage his staff and coach the entire team, not just the offense. Everyone in the stadium knows not to give time to Rodgers, that's on JG on how to handle the situation. He's the coach of the entire team, not just the offensive part of it and not just the part of the offense you want him to be responsible for.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I agree. Jaylon was better. He missed on a few tackles sure. But he was also more active around the line of scrimmage in this one. Tyrone Crawford is over paid for his production. He needs to be replaced.

Tyrone played like a guy that shouldn't be on an NFL team today. Yet his contract says differently. As bad as Collins is taking on doubles, Crawford is a real problem because he can't stop anything. The TD to Nelson was a great example. They faked the run and the safeties and LB's had to bite on it because it was an easy 6 yards.

We really need for Taco to come alive between now and next season because of Crawford's awfulness and Collins' mediocrity.

YR