Who is your "pet" player this draft?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Wow, good question. I don't think I've adopted a true pet you like AOA was a couple of years ago. To me to be a pet it can't be a player from one of the teams you root for. So I can't say Nick Foles or Juron Criner from Arizona truly fit my definition of what a pet player is.

I am definitely firmly on the David DeCastro bandwagon and think he is the player who fits this team the best going forward.

Had Murray not emerged the way he did, I would be saying Trent Richardson.

It has to be DeCastro for me.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;4317423 said:
Wow, good question. I don't think I've adopted a true pet you like AOA was a couple of years ago. To me to be a pet it can't be a player from one of the teams you root for. So I can't say Nick Foles or Juron Criner from Arizona truly fit my definition of what a pet player is.

I am definitely firmly on the David DeCastro bandwagon and think he is the player who fits this team the best going forward.

Had Murray not emerged the way he did, I would be saying Trent Richardson.

It has to be DeCastro for me.

How about a player that's not so highly touted?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
realtick;4317434 said:
How about a player that's not so highly touted?
I just haven't adopted anyone quite yet man. I mean Foles and Criner, but they are my home town team and alma mater. That isn't fair.

I'd say the closest right now might be Boykin the CB out of Georgia or Michael Brewster the Center out of OSU.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;4317441 said:
I just haven't adopted anyone quite yet man. I mean Foles and Criner, but they are my home town team and alma mater. That isn't fair.

I'd say the closest right now might be Boykin the CB out of Georgia or Michael Brewster the Center out of OSU.

Hey, nothing wrong with Foles and Criner if you really believe in their talent. If AU is your home team, you'll really be familiar with their games. I like both of those guys BTW.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
TheFinisher;4317194 said:
He had a rough game last night against Sam Houston St. Looked stiff and was sloppy in and out of his breaks.

Sam Houston only had 113 yards passing.

I'd certainly question his tackling (and everyone else on the defense) after that game.

4th or later I still think he is worth a look.

Better player than Jimmy Wilson who is playing for the Dolphins.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
realtick;4317447 said:
Hey, nothing wrong with Foles and Criner if you really believe in their talent. If AU is your home team, you'll really be familiar with their games. I like both of those guys BTW.
Yeah, I just think that leads to home town bias rather than pet cat.

I like both guys a lot. I'd consider Foles in the 2nd and Criner in the 3rd. But I prefer interior OL and D=Backfield for our early focuses.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Claiborne is the guy I picked to be the 1st corner taken as soon as I saw the Oregon game this year.

Claiborne LSU

Eskimo

Reaction score
super8;4319315 said:
Nick Perry OLB/DE from USC is growing on me

me to Finsher

He has ideal size and athleticism for the position.

The one thing I wonder from looking at some highlights of him is his ability to play the run game. Also he has mostly played as a DE so I don't know how good he will be in coverage. I do like his explosion as a pass rusher and I think he would be an upgrade from Spencer in that regard. The one thing I wonder about is his best sack year came as a Freshman - I worry about players who don't seem to progress over time. I don't know if the numbers declined due to lack of support from other teammates or perhaps it was due to more attention from the opposition.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Ladariudms Green, Lafayette TE, looked good tonight. Not a Gronk but definitely a Graham/Finley type.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4319596 said:
Ladariudms Green, Lafayette TE, looked good tonight. Not a Gronk but definitely a Graham/Finley type.

I like the idea of adding another threat such as a pass-catching TE. I Like Ladarius Green, Coby Fleener and Tyler Eifert. The later two remind me a bit of Tony Scheffler and Owen Daniels.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
realtick;4319624 said:
I like the idea of adding another threat such as a pass-catching TE. I Like Ladarius Green, Coby Fleener and Tyler Eifert. The later two remind me a bit of Tony Scheffler and Owen Daniels.

They remind me of Wes welker/mike alstott

Their QB's aren't bad, so that's part of it, but the young TE's are really going HAM.

I think fleener is more traditional. Like what bennet was supposed to be: ladarius green was out-wide a lot. Seemed to run shallow crosses so they could get the ball in his hands on the run easily.

They threw him a few jump balls. He's got an awesome frame on him, I think he could be the next weapon at the position. If we take one Id rather it be him.

3rd round? I'd probably pull the trigger b/c I'm a highlight *****. But I'd love to get a C, Front 7, and CB secured first.

The Realist

Reaction score
Defensive player that helps us make stops and get off the field. That isn't a CB, S, C or G.

Sign Grubbs.

1) Whitney Mercilus OLB

2) Minnifield CB

BigWillie

Reaction score
Not gonna pick a guy who is projected in the 1st round, so I'm gonna pick ..

Harrison Smith, safety, Notre Dame

He's gonna make some team really happy as a 2nd day pick.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
BigWillie;4319644 said:
Not gonna pick a guy who is projected in the 1st round, so I'm gonna pick ..

Harrison Smith, safety, Notre Dame

He's gonna make some team really happy as a 2nd day pick.

He's really played well the last 2 seasons, Smith was a whipping boy for ND fans his first year but he's progressed into one of their most reliable players. Great size, smart player, good tackler, and good athleticism for the position. I agree he's gonna make whichever team he lands on happy.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score

Yep this guy and T.J Barnes from GT, this guy is projected as a 7th round pick. He's 6'7 and 347 LBS and I think if he can cut some weight he can be 1 hell of a 5tech!!! Anyone else seen this guy and what do u think???

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
super8;4316901 said:
Carmen Messina, ILB, New Mexico
Height: 6-2. Weight: 236.
Projected 40 Time: 4.62
Projected Round (2012): 4-6

[youtube]dJy6VbUV9iY[/youtube]

11/18/11: Messina has been one of the most productive linebackers in the nation. He has 110 tackles with 11.5 tackles for a loss, one interception, three sacks and one forced fumble

Carmen Messina is a technically-sound tackler who has been very productive the past two seasons. He had 115 tackles and six tackles for a loss in 2010. A year earlier, Messina had 162 tackles to lead the nation. He is a smart and instinctive football player. If he continues to add weight while maintaining his production, he should be a mid-round pick who could have starting potential after being developed as a backup for a couple of seasons.
Was just about to post this guy. With James and Brooking seemingly on the way out, he would be a great addition and add quality depth with the ability to start for this team. He seems to fit the profile of smart, instinctive, productive players that we have been trying to get lately.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

One of my pet cats too. Liken him to Aaron Hernandez or Owen Daniels, big receiver playing TE type.