Who ls gonna be the new DC?

bysbox1

Reaction score
They won't bring someone in with McCarthy on the last year of his contract. That would mean if he gets booted at the end of his contract, they'll have to boot the DC. And any DC worth his salt won't get into a situation where he may be gone after one year unless he gets no responses on the open market. And there are too many open staff positions so most DC's will be spoilt for choice.

My guess is they promote Harris. Not too many options since they are keeping MM.

bysbox1

Reaction score
The whole gang will be back, including Solari and Quinn. I don’t see a team wanting him after that game. They remember what happened in Atlanta too. This team will probably be about 90% the same from players to coaches next season.

Sam Williams will continue to make dumb mistakes, Turpin fair-catching inside the ten, etc, etc……not to mention their innate ability to party plan. There will be no real accountability for anyone who matters :thumbdown:
That is likely as well. Quinn interviewed last year and didn't take an HC job and I thought that was his best opportunity.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
We do know that DQ will have no takers right, and to punish us fans further he will be right back where he started from next season...

MikeT22

Reaction score
They won't bring someone in with McCarthy on the last year of his contract. That would mean if he gets booted at the end of his contract, they'll have to boot the DC. And any DC worth his salt won't get into a situation where he may be gone after one year unless he gets no responses on the open market. And there are too many open staff positions so most DC's will be spoilt for choice.

My guess is they promote Harris. Not too many options since they are keeping MM.
Its not like Jerry is above forcing a new coach to take on a holdover assistant

XXLMike

Reaction score
Martindale is a blitz happy Rob Ryan II

No way

Frazier no

Marvin Lewis ? No no

Al Harris ? Possibly

bysbox1

Reaction score
Its not like Jerry is above forcing a new coach to take on a holdover assistant
That would be a catastrophe next season. Didn't he sort of do something similar in 2019 when Garrett had someone looking over his shoulder?

Silverstar

Reaction score
First of all, some team has to hire Quinn to be their HC which might not even happen.

If it does happen, he'll probably want to take Joe Whitt and Al Harris with him.