Who says the referees are not biased and help other teams beat the Cowboys?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Every week of the season the fans of every team that loses complain about the officiating. Check any teams’ forums you’d like. The officials are not biased. NFL football fans are biased. And we’re not going to stop being biased. We see everything through a lens that allows us to feel better about our team. That is how it should be. We buy the wildly expensive jerseys and the $16 cups of beer. If we want to say the refs cost us a game, we paid for the right, regardless of how full of crap we might be.
Really? I’ve never heard that. No. I’m pretty sure this thread is the only time refs are held responsible for their incompetence or blamed as you say.

I’m not sure I can really say this any other way because I’ve said it every way possible, but people want to go to the same tired platitudes about blaming the refs for the loss and why we should never even appear to be doing that because it upsets others.

Calls were one aspect of the loss. Calls were one aspect of the loss. So were playcalls, missed receivers on and on. And here we are discussing the calls. You're free to **** right off if you don’t want to discuss this or you don’t like it. :D

Wake me up when a false start on a long snapper ends the game for another team. Or an illegal huddle brings back a 54 yard pass in a playoff game that you end up losing by 3. Or anytime a coach gets unsportsmanlike penalty for arguing a call. Or being the opponent in 4 of the 25 games total where the other team had 0 penalties. And the others. If you don’t find that compelling then don’t worry about it. It’s not for you.

Of course all fans complain. It’s because they have no perspective. The picked up flag with no explanation on a clear foul was yet another unique call.

Last edited:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Unfortunately this is probably more likely. Fans are more apt to be biased. We are about some of our players. It would make sense we tend to lean more to wanting or seeing the calls go our way than the officials intentionally being biased or throwing games.
Give me your theory/explanation why all those very unique calls happened to one team and why in the 25 games with zero penalties we were on the losing side in 4 of the 25.

Seems weird to me and is statistically rare. That’s quite a bit of data to ignore. No one really even tried to explain and believe me, I’ll listen to an explanation.

I go by what I see and make comparisons. Only 2 other teams EVER were called for an illegal huddle. That’s unique and intriguing to me.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Possibly but technology has taken it to another level. Combine Headsets in the QB's Helmet with AI Analytics, Online Gambling and sell out Refs and anyone can see the Blatant absurdity in the Game today

Those teams of the 90s may be the last of true Champions. Jerry went His Own way many times during the 90s maybe He went off script

Dak has made many many Dumb Mistakes just like Romo yet both havre been set up for Life and The Mafia have raked in Billions
You want to replace officials then send in the drones, hovering over the playfield with sight recognition.
There would be around 150 penalties in every game if called precisely, and the game would last about 5 hours.
The NFL is an entertainment first industry, and refs bias is totally Pasay.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Give me your theory/explanation why all those very unique calls happened to one team and why in the 25 games with zero penalties we were on the losing side in 4 of the 25.

Seems weird to me and is statistically rare. That’s quite a bit of data to ignore. No one really even tried to explain and believe me, I’ll listen to an explanation.

I go by what I see and make comparisons. Only 2 other teams EVER were called for an illegal huddle. That’s unique and intriguing to me.
Most fans struggle evaluating or analyzing their own as bias and favoritism is fueled by the heart .

And once that seed is planted within no explanations will sway. And why fans can look at the same replay, etc and come away with different conclusions .

Even if we agree on the questionable calls we could disagree on the intent . Some fans just assume everyone is out to get the Cowboys. And nothing will sway that deeply imbedded emotion.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Most fans struggle evaluating or analyzing their own as bias and favoritism is fueled by the heart .

And once that seed is planted within no explanations will sway. And why fans can look at the same replay, etc and come away with different conclusions .

Even if we agree on the questionable calls we could disagree on the intent . Some fans just assume everyone is out to get the Cowboys. And nothing will sway that deeply imbedded emotion.
So nothing about those plays and their uniqueness to one team? Yes it can be hard analyzing these in relation to your team.

It’s puzzling. We agree on that. We just disagree about the probability of these coincidences being random.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So nothing about those plays and their uniqueness to one team? Yes it can be hard analyzing these in relation to your team.

It’s puzzling. We agree on that. We just disagree about the probability of these coincidences being random.
Correct. We disagree on intent .

Until I’m provided some evidence these particular officials have history and or motive calling questionable penalties against the Cowboys.

Last edited:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
And why fans can look at the same replay, etc and come away with different conclusions .
This is part of the reason I show up with video and the rules after the fact: just to see who denies what should be absolutely plain and watch the contortionist tapdance process they undergo to say it's not plain.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is part of the reason I show up with video and the rules after the fact: just to see who denies what should be absolutely plain and watch the contortionist tapdance process they undergo to say it's not plain.
In todays era we all have the luxury of watching replays from every angle . We must recall these officials make these judgments in real time. And often simply don’t see it.

I know when I’m watching in real time don’t often see it. Or see it as clearly as when it’s ran over and over on replay.

Most of the plays which are reviewable they seem to get right more often than not.