Who thinks that Jenkins is better then McKelvin?

Cowboysfan22

Reaction score
Ok I was watching the draft and I thought that by twenty eight all the good cb's would be gone but then Mike Jenkins starts to drop and drop and we pick him up at spot number twenty five. Leodis McKelvin went at 11 and I was wondering why they didn't pick Jenkins. Here is the comparison. Ok Jenkins is 6-0 200p. and Leodis McKelvin is 5-10 1/4 190p. Mike Jenkins ran a 4.38 on the fourty yard dash at the combine and Leodis MaKelvin ran a 4.4. Also Mike Jenkins is alot better cover man than McKelvin is. Leodis Mckelvin also only has limited experience at cb and at times looks like a better athlete than football player.

Woods

Reaction score
Way too early to know.

But what Jenkins hopefully has going in his favor is that he will have time to learn behind TNew and Henry and PacMan this coming season. Of course, he'll be on the field, but at least he won't be thrust into the fire (unless injury to the starters, of course, but let's all hope that doesn't happen).

By not being forced to start, he should have ample opportunity to work on his technique, which is what he needs to do this year, and then challenge for a starting position next year.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I added the numbers and Jenkins looks like the leader......we might have the best player.....just takes time to find out

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Cowboysfan22;2056758 said:
Ok I was watching the draft and I thought that by twenty eight all the good cb's would be gone but then Mike Jenkins starts to drop and drop and we pick him up at spot number twenty five. Leodis McKelvin went at 11 and I was wondering why they didn't pick Jenkins. Here is the comparison. Ok Jenkins is 6-0 200p. and Leodis McKelvin is 5-10 1/4 190p. Mike Jenkins ran a 4.38 on the fourty yard dash at the combine and Leodis MaKelvin ran a 4.4. Also Mike Jenkins is alot better cover man than McKelvin is. Leodis Mckelvin also only has limited experience at cb and at times looks like a better athlete than football player.

I think you have to find the info. maybe in the draft zone here, but McKelvin had the best raw stats for last season. Meaning, he shutdown receivers more consistently, and I think he didn't even give up a touchdown. Check it out.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The height on Mike Jenkins is bogus. He's 5-10 1/4, but he does have way better ball skills than McKelvin.

GOLDENCHILD1688

Reaction score
jenkins is a better corner and has way better cover skills

mckelvin went that high only because of his return skills. the fact that he can possible be a dual threat intrigued teams.

if looking for strictly the better corner its jenkins

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
We'll see, I was not a big proponent of getting a CB in round one, but have to admit getting Jenkins changes my thinking some...I really didnt think there'd be anyway he'd be around when we picked and now with the possibility that Henry might be moved inside, Jenkins becomes a tremendous add

David

dcboy

Reaction score
Why were you against getting a corner in round one? This position has killed us and free agents are overpriced. It was important to have that position stocked. Think about how many games the other team targeted Jaques Reeves whenever they needed a first down. Players like him are given multimillion dollar contracts. We needed to draft one. I think we got lucky.