Who thinks that the NFL is becoming too weak?

juck

Reaction score
is becoming too weak?as far as the rules go,i say let them play.isnt that way they wear helmets and pads?Its getting wussified.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
juckie said:
is becoming too weak?as far as the rules go,i say let them play.isnt that way they wear helmets and pads?Its getting wussified.

I agree. I think they have gone overboard on the protection of the QB and Pass Interference calls

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
juckie said:

Absolutly. I think that if a player goes out and makes an arse of himself after making a tackle or a catch, the opposing offense or defense should be able to knock the holy crap out of em for being stupid, without penalty.

I also think that WRs should get hit before they hit the ground while catching the ball. I think that QBs should get hit as well. I think that two steps is sufficiant in order to hit a QB without being called for a late hit. I think that WRs who are tryng to run for yardage should get pulled down by there shoulder pads. I think that defensive players should be able to finish hits without getting flagged. OLs do it all the time. I think that the ground should be able to cause a fumble. In short, I liked the game the way it was played before.

;)

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how they enforce the rules this season. If players start getting flagged because of a handfull of jersey in a tackle then I can see my interest in the sport waining.

Did anybody see Rod Woodson slagging of QB's for wanting their own balls put into games? That was funny.

juck

Reaction score
before we know it it will be flag football,lol.Ill be watching rugby ,thats a tough *** sport.and no pads.

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
i say the rules are good. gotta keep the players safe. they have families too ya know...

juck

Reaction score
they are safe,hence the helmets,etc...nfl is becoming too money oriented almost ala wwf.in the old days they hit hard and played tough.:banghead:

Hoods

Reaction score
cowboys#1 said:
i say the rules are good. gotta keep the players safe. they have families too ya know...

Their families should get payed what ours do then if there isn't going to be playful risk involved.

That's a dumb argument. Maybe they should just play flag football. They have families you know... this would prevent just about all injuries until virtual reality is created.

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
pass interference calls are the worst, mainly because it seems to be totally based on opinion, same with holding calls. IMO the unless a DB seriously impedes the route of a reciever or basicly tackles him it should be fair game. im soooo tired of those phantom holds

VirusX

Reaction score
cowboys#1 said:

Yes, and they make more in a year then about 10 years for us at the least. Bottom line is that football was made off of the hard hitting way and now they are trying to make it new age pansy touch football and its not working.

juck

Reaction score
BAZ said:
It will be interesting to see how they enforce the rules this season. If players start getting flagged because of a handfull of jersey in a tackle then I can see my interest in the sport waining.

Did anybody see Rod Woodson slagging of QB's for wanting their own balls put into games? That was funny.

your sig has a great hit by roy,thats what im talking about,could u imagine the damage roy could inflict.thats FOOTBALL.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
juckie said:
your sig has a great hit by roy,thats what im talking about,could u imagine the damage roy could inflict.thats FOOTBALL.

It would look more like this... ;)

williams_shattered_01_gif.gif

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
cowboys#1 said:

Football is a contact game. That's the appeal of it IMO. If you want to stay safe, don't play football. Players get compensated for risking injury. If it becomes a situation where it's all choreographed and not played out, then to me, it no longer has appeal.

I'm OK with rules to keep the game honest but it has become too slanted offensively IMO. There are great players on both sides of the ball. When you have a player like RLW on the field and his God given ability is basically taken out of play because of the rules, somethings wrong with the rules. It's gone to far IMO.

juck

Reaction score
have any of u guys ever watched a rugby match?they dont mess about.shorts,no helmet,very,very light shoulder pads.

Eddie

Reaction score
Football is about violence. No reason why a QB has to stand there and take a hit from a bullrushing defender. He should be allowed to protect himself ... judo throw, punch to the throat, and stuff like that. Don't stand and take it.

Offensive players should be able to attack also. RB's should be able to kick and hit defenders.

Pile driver should be an every down thing.

Bring back the head slap.

Bring back the OL hitch.

Justis

Reaction score
no, it is not wussified, it's still a league that hits very hard. It is a league, however, that's geared towards giving unfair advantages to the offense for the sake of spectacle.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I see it as the rules being the same.

It's all about evolution.

Yes, these rules are tougher...but that's because the rules have to evolve with the players. These guys are bigger, faster, quicker than ever.

With the same rules as 15 years ago, there wouldn't be a single team who would be injury riddled at some point in the season.

Ya think the game is mediocre now?

We'd be watching games that looked like the replacement games.

I'm fine with the rules regarding contact.

juck

Reaction score
Todays players could never handle the older days.overpaid-wussies.im 33 so i dont remember that far back but my grandad tells me helmets used to break,etc....