Who thinks that the NFL is becoming too weak?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
cowboys#1 said:
why dont you go and tryout for an nfl team? thats what i thought.... you have to have talent to play pro football, dont hate on the players because they get paid so much. unless you have been in a nfl game playing you will never know what taking a risk means. concussions, broken bones,ripped ligiments, lifetime pain and soreness from the constant contact. they deserve every penny. and they deserve whatever rules they need to play safe and have fun to entertain you.:D

Funny.

There are probably people on this board who's fathers or grandfathers worked in plants or mills or mines all there lives who live with physical problems that they will never be compensated for. It is a relative thing and the truth of the matter is that these players will be taken care of far more generously then will the average person who will incounter health related problems that are job related ever will be.

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Funny.

There are probably people on this board who's fathers or grandfathers worked in plants or mills or mines all there lives who live with physical problems that they will never be compensated for. It is a relative thing and the truth of the matter is that these players will be taken care of far more generously then will the average person who will incounter health related problems that are job related ever will be.
yeah but nfl players dont average 20 to 30 yrs on the job. they dont get millions and millions for that length of time. if you had the talent of a pro athlete would you work in a mill farm?? didnt think so. thas why people are in college and not everybody is an athlete.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
juckie said:
is becoming too weak?as far as the rules go,i say let them play.isnt that way they wear helmets and pads?Its getting wussified.

All sports are getting wussified but just pray it's never like the NBA now that right there is Wussy Times X 100000000000000000000000000.

pretty soon they're going to put a rule that you cant tackle beneith the waist. better yet they're going to put flags on them:lmao2:

juck

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
I have no problem with the rules either. If the defense thinks it's getting and unfair shake, then play smarter. Back then the league didn't have all of these exotic blitzes and the league didn't have 6'6 270 pd guys running 4.58 40 yard dashes.

The league didn't have Nose Tackles that were 355 pds crashing down on Quarterbacks.

The leagues value is it's entertainment, and if your team is the best, but can never make it because we're always injured, it's not fun. It's no fun when your starting Quarterback is out, and you miss the playoffs because of it. This game is violent no matter what, and they are smart enough to keep just enough "hot doggin it" "hard hitting" action in the game to keep interest.

But,they had the heart,guts,will,want,and desire that the players now lack.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
juckie said:
Todays players could never handle the older days.overpaid-wussies.im 33 so i dont remember that far back but my grandad tells me helmets used to break,etc....
the fb for the lions breaks his face mask each game :) has around 4 or 5 of them on the side lines....they still break

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
juckie said:
But,they had the heart,guts,will,want,and desire that the players now lack.
yeah tell that to players in a conference championship game while there is a wind chill factor of 10 below and they are down by 6 in the 4th quarter....yeah sure

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Absolutly. I think that if a player goes out and makes an arse of himself after making a tackle or a catch, the opposing offense or defense should be able to knock the holy crap out of em for being stupid, without penalty.

I also think that WRs should get hit before they hit the ground while catching the ball. I think that QBs should get hit as well. I think that two steps is sufficiant in order to hit a QB without being called for a late hit. I think that WRs who are tryng to run for yardage should get pulled down by there shoulder pads. I think that defensive players should be able to finish hits without getting flagged. OLs do it all the time. I think that the ground should be able to cause a fumble. In short, I liked the game the way it was played before.

;)

Have you ever played football in your life?

Your statements are crazy. People could die with ST21 and RW31 headhunting for people.

They're players with families, not gladiators.

juck

Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
Have you ever played football in your life?

Your statements are crazy. People could die with ST21 and RW31 headhunting for people.

They're players with families, not gladiators.

do rugby players not have families?.rugby is a huge sport worldwide.they are warriors.

Justis

Reaction score
I will say that the NFL is becoming weaker because of the diluted talent pool.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jman said:
What you have to realize is the protection of the QB has nothing to do with being weak. It's the highest paid position on the team and it's there to protect the teams investment. Nothing more, nothing less.

Same could be said for the PI calls. Scoring pays. And rules are always going to lean towards more offense and more revenue.

It's all about the money. Period.

I understand that they are the highest paid what does that have to do with playing the game of football? Don't touch the richest guy out there? These QB's for the most part are not little guys. Guys like McNabb and Culpepper are not brought down easy and if you don't go after them like any other player with the ball your going to get burned and defensive players who ease up find themselfs out of a job because they allowed it to happen. You put a uniform on your a football player your paid to play football and if they don't want to get hit then play another sport

peacockaja

Reaction score
trickblue said:
ummm... I don't know... are they petitioning for the respective teams cheerleaders step in? What will their wives say? "Honey... it's just part of the game, it means nothing to me"...
:laugh2:

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
Ball rubbing? I have to admit, that title totally through me off. Thankfully they are only talking about footballs.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funxva said:
Ball rubbing? I have to admit, that title totally through me off. Thankfully they are only talking about footballs.
Forgive my attempt at humor. The titles are totally my own.. :p:

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:

Nothing to forgive. I thought it was funny. :) But it still threw me off!

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
juckie said:
do rugby players not have families?.rugby is a huge sport worldwide.they are warriors.

They're fearless, toothless, and for the most part brainless.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
NOW it all makes sense... http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/temp/naughty.gif

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
cowboys#1 said:
yeah but nfl players dont average 20 to 30 yrs on the job. they dont get millions and millions for that length of time. if you had the talent of a pro athlete would you work in a mill farm?? didnt think so. thas why people are in college and not everybody is an athlete.

So what's your point? Do the math, athletes get paid more in one season, for the most part, then what an average person can make in 5 years. I would add to that the fact that life is not over when an athlete retires. There is nothing that prevents an athlete from working after football or whatever. There's no way you can spin this to reflect favorably on the subject. Athletes don't have to play Pro sports. They can get a job like very other person. It is a privalige to play a pro sport. If an athlete plays 5 years in the league, even a poor athlete, he's made more money then an average person can make in 25 or more. If he's any good at all, he's going to make hundreds of times more.

if you had the talent of a pro athlete would you work in a mill farm?? didnt think so.

What kind of stupidity is this? What difference does this make? Bottom line, it's a choice. Pro Athletes don't have to play. They chose to play. The game is rough and they get paid for it. If a Pro Athlete doesn't want to risk the injury, go get a nine to five. Simple as that.

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
So what's your point? Do the math, athletes get paid more in one season, for the most part, then what an average person can make in 5 years. I would add to that the fact that life is not over when an athlete retires. There is nothing that prevents an athlete from working after football or whatever. There's no way you can spin this to reflect favorably on the subject. Athletes don't have to play Pro sports. They can get a job like very other person. It is a privalige to play a pro sport. If an athlete plays 5 years in the league, even a poor athlete, he's made more money then an average person can make in 25 or more. If he's any good at all, he's going to make hundreds of times more.

if you had the talent of a pro athlete would you work in a mill farm?? didnt think so.

What kind of stupidity is this? What difference does this make? Bottom line, it's a choice. Pro Athletes don't have to play. They chose to play. The game is rough and they get paid for it. If a Pro Athlete doesn't want to risk the injury, go get a nine to five. Simple as that.
nothing to see here, keep moving...